Sheffield Shield Round 10: VIC v NSW @ Traeger Park, Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

The last match just played wasn't a road and seemed to suit SA's seam attack and also the attacking batting style most of SA's batsmen have. I'm hoping for more of the same.

Head hit 192 and the second highest scorer was Doolan with 67.

I think SA will win on form with a pitch that offers something I'm just sick of drab shield finals also, would be good to see a bit of life in it.

I don't think he bowled Conway at all today? Which is absolutely ridiculous, seemed to have no faith in nair at all even though he probably bowled better then Lyon
Hope he gets a kick up the ass soon but could be a gun
Dude get your facts right. Conway got a wicket today. It's unorthodox but not unusual given Copeland's ability to shoulder a heavy workload

I wonder if that mindset was influenced by the prospect of a 'home' final still being interstate. Of course there are advantages to being the top side. In all likelihood though the five day final will still produce a result.
Yeah I hope the final produces a result, nothing worse than the host team preparing a road and scoring 700 to 900 in the first innings.

Yeah I hope the final produces a result, nothing worse than the host team preparing a road and scoring 700 to 900 in the first innings.
Wonder what state last used a road to full effect...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what state last used a road to full effect...
Only needing to draw the final in order to win the shield isn't the greatest system, but aside from a timeless final any system is going to have disadvantages.

I do wonder however how the new bonus point system might work if it was used as a count back in the event of a draw.

Disadvantages I can think of:
  • Possibly the host side would prepare a green top and hope to win the toss and bowl first (this could be avoided if the toss was removed)
  • The side ahead on points after the innings would then play for the draw
Advantages:
  • While not great playing for the draw would at least be pushed back to the half way point of the match, which could potentially take control of the game away from the host side

We got 6 points for the forfeit. Had we played the game and won, we'd have also got bonus points. Those missing bonus points have cost us hosting.

The guaranteed forfeit has got us to the final however.
Had we played the game we could have also lost, or drawn. The guaranteed 6 points is far better than the unknown of playing that game.

Had we played the game we could have also lost, or drawn. The guaranteed 6 points is far better than the unknown of playing that game.
I think that's what I said in the last part...

Probably hope he's gone next season, absolute ******** and a s**t cricketer
Bit over the top Choom... He's no star but give the guy some credit, he was one of our best players last year in a Shield winning season and we probably wouldn't be there this year if not for him either. Time to get over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back