Should Essendon trade Brendan Goddard?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL you think Goddard is cooked?
You are a strange thinking person.

Cooney and Chapman are poles apart from Goddard.

Do you at least concede he is no longer prime Brendon Goddard?

Short memory.

You lost by 135 points and 96 points last season. Virtually 2 x 100 point losses.

Over 100 points in 2013 against geelong?

And did you see Nick Or Leigh or David or Sam or anyone else point their finger at their teammates on field like everyone else was to blame?

I dont know but when I played mens sport and an older, more experienced player yelled at me, you take it in.

rolling your eyes at that type of thing tells you more about their own character...typical gen-Y attitude.
"You cant yell at me, I'm the great (insert player who hasn't done shit in the afl)" type scenario.

How many bombers have finals experience?
How many have played in 3 grand finals?

Maybe they should listen instead of rolling their eyes and maybe they wouldnt be the basket case that they are.

Bolded part: Garbage. Everyone has their own leadership style. Maybe go ask GWS guys whether they like having Heath Shaw around as back line leadership even though he sometimes cracks a tantrum on the field. You've mixed up the attitudes...mine is that there is nothing necessarily wrong with what Goddard does, but others have said that yelling at your teammates isn't leadership.
You must be the hardest, toughest poster to ever post on bf....darcey loves the way you go about it.

Goddard is a fine leader. It's easy for people to hate him because he's got an ugly mug but I'd rather have a person on the field voicing what he's seeing and trying to keep players motivated than having no talking. We have a lot of young players on the field and someone like Goddard is necessary to not let players get sucked in to other teams niggles through the game. His passion on the field is a good thing and if you watch him at training you can see a lot of the boys respect him as much as they do Watson.

Great idea. The way he conducts himself on the field is disgraceful. Give him to a premiership contender in return for a pick the bombers can do something with

You missed what I actually said. What I meant was you couldn't justify his antics (ie the way he points and yells at team mates) if he was doing that, there's no excuse for it. Do you understand now, or do you only speak potato?
I understand your naïve point and 100% disagree with it. If he behaved as he did/does and got 40 touches and kicked 6 goals every week every club would take him pay him $1m a year and put up with it with a bigger smile than Richmond ever had with Richo or Reiwodlt or Carlton ever had with Fev.

His behaviour is a bit annoying. Any club would keep it or buy it gladly for quality on filed performances let alone the best of all time type of unrealistic scenario you put up. He isn't selling coke to team mates he's just a bit of a flog.

I wouldn't be particularly keen on Collingwood recruiting him be he isn't exactly pushing for AA selection. If he was, his antics wouldn't worry me much. I'd have kept Shaw on the same basis. The decision to exit him wasn't strong it was actually weak.

Do you at least concede he is no longer prime Brendon Goddard?

And did you see Nick Or Leigh or David or Sam or anyone else point their finger at their teammates on field like everyone else was to blame?

I've seen Nick have multiple head drop moments, which are probably worse.
Also from what I know of Sam Fisher, he is far from a leader... if that is who you're referring to.

Plus its not like Goddard does it every game.

Goddard is a fine leader. It's easy for people to hate him because he's got an ugly mug but I'd rather have a person on the field voicing what he's seeing and trying to keep players motivated than having no talking. We have a lot of young players on the field and someone like Goddard is necessary to not let players get sucked in to other teams niggles through the game. His passion on the field is a good thing and if you watch him at training you can see a lot of the boys respect him as much as they do Watson.

BOOM.

Nail on the head.

I understand your naïve point and 100% disagree with it. If he behaved as he did/does and got 40 touches and kicked 6 goals every week every club would take him pay him $1m a year and put up with it with a bigger smile than Richmond ever had with Richo or Reiwodlt or Carlton ever had with Fev.

His behaviour is a bit annoying. Any club would keep it or buy it gladly for quality on filed performances let alone the best of all time type of unrealistic scenario you put up. He isn't selling coke to team mates he's just a bit of a flog.

I wouldn't be particularly keen on Collingwood recruiting him be he isn't exactly pushing for AA selection. If he was, his antics wouldn't worry me much. I'd have kept Shaw on the same basis. The decision to exit him wasn't strong it was actually weak.

Again you fail to understand what I said. I've tried twice and haven't gotten through, might as well give up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this.While from a positional point of view I dont think hes the right fit for Giants I think he would be good for the Suns.Dont think Essendon will trade him though

Seems that the Bombers clearly thought they were in the Premiership window when they picked up BJ as a free agent.

Clearly things have gone pear shaped with the Bombers further away from a flag than probably 17 other sides.

So what is gained by keeping him? Two more years of non finals whilst paying a player big $'s to achieve very little.

And from Goddard's position, he really walked into the most unimaginable circumstance, none of which he had any control of.

Could the Bombers trade him for a pick in the 20's to a club with better prospects who may give him a shot at success? Perhaps even GC who may have a form rise in 2016/17?

Could be a win/win for both parties.

Thoughts?
Very overrated player have been an Essendon supporter for 54 years prior to the signing of BJ have been in the wilderness for the last three years waiting for him to go. The wrong player to have around a young side has a habit of burning players & shortening careers,never gets the hard ball, lot of his possessions are absolute rubbish,needs a radius of twenty metres or he is not interested in the footy.I doubt there would be any club out there that would be interested especially with a ridiculous price tag of $800,000 a year,players who command that sort of money actually take the game on & win games,so the answer is get rid of him if they can .

Seems that the Bombers clearly thought they were in the Premiership window when they picked up BJ as a free agent.

Clearly things have gone pear shaped with the Bombers further away from a flag than probably 17 other sides.

So what is gained by keeping him? Two more years of non finals whilst paying a player big $'s to achieve very little.

And from Goddard's position, he really walked into the most unimaginable circumstance, none of which he had any control of.

Could the Bombers trade him for a pick in the 20's to a club with better prospects who may give him a shot at success? Perhaps even GC who may have a form rise in 2016/17?

Could be a win/win for both parties.

Thoughts?
who did Saints get from Goddard deal
Dont know but the Saints were the big winners what ever they got

Remove this Banner Ad

Back