Should Fremantle be forced from the comp, when GC come in, to eliminate the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Now to start off, Freo have been quite strong off field. Perhaps this is the only thing saving them. But I think many neutral supporters would agree that getting rid of Fremantle to eliminate the bye is a win win situation. The AFL gets rid of its most embarrassing team and fans don't have to sit through a bye.

Fremantle are an enigma - Embarrassing on the field and strong off it. For some reason the fans are attracted to failure. Once again it could all relate back to the Fremantled curse, who knows.

But I think it's time the AFL consider this option. Fremantle are embarrassing our game. They are easily the worst team to have ever played in our competition (University > Freo). They have no will to win and half of their players are reserve WAFL players at best (Head, Thornton, Browne, Drum, Murphy).

It is clear that they cannot develop a list that will ever be successful at AFL level, and I think they would still struggle in the VFL or WAFL if they were there. They appear to be going backwards. Many of the fans agree that there really is no saving the club, and there are just too many underlying problems. They have developed a serious losing culture.

I understand teams may enjoy looking forward to playing Fremantle, as it is almost a certain win, but I think we need to look past this. It will be a sad day for the AFL, but I think they need to cut their losses.

Who here would support the AFL finally giving up on Fremantle, when GC come in, to eliminate the bye?

Now to start off, Freo have been quite strong off field. Perhaps this is the only thing saving them. But I think many neutral supporters would agree that getting rid of Fremantle to eliminate the bye is a win win situation. The AFL gets rid of its most embarrassing team and fans don't have to sit through a bye.

Fremantle are an enigma - Embarrassing on the field and strong off it. For some reason the fans are attracted to failure. Once again it could all relate back to the Fremantled curse, who knows.

But I think it's time the AFL consider this option. Fremantle are embarrassing our game. They are easily the worst team to have ever played in our competition (University > Freo). They have no will to win and half of their players are reserve WAFL players at best (Head, Thornton, Browne, Drum, Murphy).

It is clear that they cannot develop a list that will ever be successful at AFL level, and I think they would still struggle in the VFL or WAFL if they were there. They appear to be going backwards. Many of the fans agree that there really is no saving the club, and there are just too many underlying problems. They have developed a serious losing culture.

I understand teams may enjoy looking forward to playing Fremantle, as it is almost a certain win, but I think we need to look past this. It will be a sad day for the AFL, but I think they need to cut their losses.

Who here would support the AFL finally giving up on Fremantle, when GC come one, to eliminate the bye?

I laughed and as enjoyable as it would be... they wouldn't, Freo does bring in a substantial amount of revenue.

Nice try though

I laughed and as enjoyable as it would be... they wouldn't, Freo does bring in a substantial amount of revenue.

Nice try though

I agree it probably won't happen, but I am interested in seeing how many people believe it will be better for our game.

They are dragging the quality of our great game through the mud(quite ironic, considering their mascot is an anchor). I think it is time it was realised that they can, and will not get better.

The AFL should really consider at least looking at this option.

why does everyone hate this club??....starting to feel bit sorry for the dockers.....

no onfield success, no future and everyone hates them:(

why does everyone hate this club??....starting to feel bit sorry for the dockers.....

no onfield success, no future and everyone hates them:(

I don't think anyone hates them. We all just pity them greatly.

I think the appropriate action needs to be taken not only to save the name of our game, but to stop all the heartache and pain for the Fremantle supporters.

Take a look at their board, it appears they have finally cracked.

I like it Juddy, but perhaps a compromise.

Lets relegate them to the WAFL until West Sydney enters the competition, thus eliminating the bye when West Sydney comes in.

Giving them a couple of years in a state league might allow them some success and they might return to the AFL confident and better than ever.

A problem arises though if they get flogged every week in the WAFL, which is all reality is the most likely scenario... thus making them worse than before upon their arrival.

Perhaps removing them altogether is the better option.

The two pathetic WA teams offer Essendon byes every time they trundle across to Melbourne so perhaps both those shambolic teams can exit our competition?

The two pathetic WA teams offer Essendon byes every time they trundle across to Melbourne so perhaps both those shambolic teams can exit our competition?

Lol there's a difference. One is a true AFL powerhouse, with the equal most premierships, the other a bunch or perennial losers with an Anchor. :thumbsu:

I mean when they can't even beat Essendon, of all teams, then we know they are in trouble.

Lol there's a difference. One is a true AFL powerhouse, with the equal most premierships, the other a bunch or perennial losers with an Anchor. :thumbsu:

I mean when they can't even beat Essendon, of all teams, then we know they are in trouble.
Powerhouse off field I assume? You did receive a PP last year:eek:

Didn't those 'perennial losers' knock you guys off again last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powerhouse off field I assume? You did receive a PP last year:eek:

Didn't those 'perennial losers' knock you guys off again last year?

Lol one year is nothing. :)

Strong on field and off field for the majority of our existence. True definition of a powerhouse. :thumbsu:

With all of your deflection, one could be forgiven for mistaking you for a Fremantle supporter.

How's your captain going, by the way?

circle07.png

Lol and you're struggling for responses. :thumbsu:

struggling... hardly tough guy. You want a bite... and I'm not a baitfish...

Yup.. your struggling. Be original FFS

I even voted for ya to help you out. BTW polls are better when you see who voted for what. Try that next time

Lol one year is nothing. :)

Strong on field and off field for the majority of our existence. True definition of a powerhouse. :thumbsu:

With all of your deflection, one could be forgiven for mistaking you for a Fremantle supporter.

How's your captain going, by the way?
Slow start to the year but nothing like a game against West Coast to get him back into form. He asks me to send you his thanks for allowing him to have such an enormous 2nd half of last year. You guys kick started his phenomenal return to form by playing a few of your spuds on him:thumbsu:

struggling... hardly tough guy. You want a bite... and I'm not a baitfish...

Yup.. your struggling. Be original FFS

I even voted for ya to help you out. BTW polls are better when you see who voted for what. Try that next time

So what you are saying is, you clearly have nothing else to add?

Lame pic is lame.

Not really relevant either. The Dockers won't be relegated because these days they are big earners and the AFL is all about expansion.

If they hadn't turned their financial circumstances around they would have been re branded like the Bears.

There will always have to be a second WA team now though, because the Dockers fanbase are probably more united in their hatred of the Eagles than actual support of the Dockers. Afl wouldn't risk losing such a committed market;).

Slow start to the year but nothing like a game against West Coast to get him back into form. He asks me to send you his thanks for allowing him to have such an enormous 2nd half of last year. You guys kick started his phenomenal return to form by playing a few of your spuds on him:thumbsu:

"Slow" start to the year? He has been terrible. I think 14 possessions total in 2 games and none of them inside the forward 50.

Why is he playing up the ground? Do you think he'll be your captain next year if his current form keeps up?

Lame pic is lame.

Not really relevant either. The Dockers won't be relegated because these days they are big earners and the AFL is all about expansion.

If they hadn't turned their financial circumstances around they would have been re branded like the Bears.

There will always have to be a second WA team now though, because they are probably more united in their hatred of the Eagles than actual support of the Dockers. Afl wouldn't risk losing such a committed market;).

Exactly, the only thing that is saving them is their financial profit. They offer nothing to the AFL as a football team whatsoever.

Their performance on field embarrasses the game.

The real amusing thing is West Coast have gone from being above them to below them, and this year it would already appear we are a much stronger outfit they are. They are just terrible, they have gone backwards.

What's going on at this footy club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back