Should Punt Rd Proposal be scrapped right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to wait for Bulldogs and North fans to answer this question
Blues wouldn't want to play at Punt Rd ahead of Etihad. Just doesn't make sense for us
Why not

Just wondering why the black teams should get the hand up...
nothing but the black and white and the black and yellow.

is that something or is it more cerebral than that?

they don't NEED something new... cancel it at all costs... just a travesty.

Just wondering why the black teams should get the hand up...
nothing but the black and white and the black and yellow.

is that something or is it more cerebral than that?

they don't NEED something new... cancel it at all costs... just a travesty.
Smashing cones tonight?

You're acting like Richmond was behind this...

The AFL approached Richmond a couple of years ago about the idea, and it's come back because of Eddie's proposal and the media checking out other options (something about PRO being about 400m from the proposed ground might have given them a hint where to look)...

Gale is on record saying Richmond thinks keeping Docklands is our preferred option (after all, it's not like we'd fit into it), but if they want a 3rd ground we're open to letting them use the Punt Road site (so long as we still get to use it for training, VFL, etc).

A 3rd ground isn't really needed, but if they're going to do it anyway, then Richmond are happy to reap some of the benefits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Non Vic clubs would band together and refuse to play there if it means they won't get an MCG game or two in the regular season.. you'll have to play amongst yourselves on there

Non Vic clubs would band together and refuse to play there if it means they won't get an MCG game or two in the regular season.. you'll have to play amongst yourselves on there

If non vic clubs want Vic clubs to play at more expensive venues, then they should pony up the $$$.

How am I trolling?

Are you trying to tell me Dogs, NMFC would prefer to play home games at Punt Road over Etihad Stadium?

If they are going to make money I think so, yes. I am happy to hear from all clubs on it though.

As for the troll - there is already a thread in the stadiums board and the Richmond board. Not much need for one here too other than to attract attention

If they spend a few hundred million on another stadium then they will make less than next to nothing for those matches.
And how often is level 3 closed? Maybe once or twice a year.

Yep...put the $ you would have spent on a new stadium in the bank and divide up the interest between the games that would have been played there. The clubs would make more money that way.

How am I trolling?

Are you trying to tell me Dogs, NMFC would prefer to play home games at Punt Road over Etihad Stadium?

Well, they play at Hobart rather than Docklands, so yeah, I suspect the would.

If they are going to make money I think so, yes. I am happy to hear from all clubs on it though.

As for the troll - there is already a thread in the stadiums board and the Richmond board. Not much need for one here too other than to attract attention

How does that make me a troll though?
If I was a Tigers fan id rather play at MCG than Punt Rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back