Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Should the AFL have a LGBTQIA+ pride round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on your definition of transitioning, between 3% and 0.15% of people who transition regret transitioning.

I acknowledge that this still leaves a subset of the population that regrets their transition, but 3% of what is already a small percentage of the population (39 from 10,000 individuals) is much lower than the binary you're proposing as equal.

That examples exist does not entail that those examples are representative of a wider population.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

Who said that?
Seems to have been alluded to.

Some proposing that teaching kids the mechanics / socials of sex education would be helpful to identify / avoid pedo people, After it has been mentioned that it is not necessary to teach such things to children of formative mind (read early primary or kindy).

Some proposing that teaching kids the mechanics / socials of sex education would be helpful to identify / avoid pedo people
This is not just a proposal - it's fact.

I didn't see anyone say toddlers. Early primary kids are not toddlers. Kindergarten kids are not toddlers.

Seems to have been alluded to.

Some proposing that teaching kids the mechanics / socials of sex education would be helpful to identify / avoid pedo people, After it has been mentioned that it is not necessary to teach such things to children of formative mind (read early primary or kindy).

Maybe you don't need to teach them all about rooting etc, I guess bodily autonomy and stranger danger is important though.

This is not just a proposal - it's fact.

I didn't see anyone say toddlers. Early primary kids are not toddlers. Kindergarten kids are not toddlers.

Either either, children of formative years who don't need to know the mechanics / social views of sex to avoid pedo's, be them from family or strangers.

Without going into semantics of who said or didn't say what, it was alluded to, in any case, children of late primary school / early high school age most definitely require such a curriculum.

Children of formative years definitely do not, and certainly is not needed to avoid pedophiles.

Maybe you don't need to teach them all about rooting etc, I guess bodily autonomy and stranger danger is important though.
Well that's pretty much what I'm getting at, 'it's not ok for anyone touch your bits - not even mum and dad'.

This sort of education has been going on for more than a century in first world liberal societies.

Don't need to go into a sex education curriculum for children of formative mind years to do this.

Well that's pretty much what I'm getting at, 'it's not ok for anyone touch your bits - not even mum and dad'.

This sort of education has been going on for more than a century in first world liberal societies.

Don't need to go into a sex education curriculum for children of formative mind years to do this.

'it's not ok for anyone touch your bits' is sex education.

Not a very good version of it, but that's what it is.

Honestly, you should really have a good think about what you are typing, before you post it.

Honestly, you should really have a good think about what you are typing, before you post it.
Why? Because he has a different opinion than you on this matter? Are you a parent?

Ok Ghosty, I'm pretty sure you don't understand that kids of formative years know what their bits are without having a curriculum based sex education. It is not a form of sex education, it's an instruction to let very young kids know it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

Ok Ghosty, I'm pretty sure you don't understand that kids of formative years know what their bits are without having a curriculum based sex education. It is not a form of sex education, it's an instruction to let very young kids know it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

So you don't think teaching consent and how that relates to body parts/sexual organs forms part of sex education?

It's clear you are out of your depth.

So you don't think teaching consent and how that relates to body parts/sexual organs forms part of sex education?

It's clear you are out of your depth.
Lol, Ghosty, we're talking about kids of formative mind years, really really young.

Kids who watch teletubbies and playschool have nfi what the context of consent even means, they just need to know who and what is bad and who and what is ok.

A curriculum based sex education is not required for them to avoid pedophiles, that education is for kids who are older and have an understanding that physical sexuality and that social aspects of sex correlates with that exists.

>Then< you introduce them to a curriculum based education, not before.

It's clear you can't see the distinction.

I'd suggest you stop there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Ghosty, we're talking about kids of formative mind years, really really young.

Kids who watch teletubbies and playschool have nfi what the context of consent even means, they just need to know who and what is bad and who and what is ok.

That's exactly why you teach them about consent, in an age appropriate way.

How else do you think they learn things, if not by education?

Watching playschool is educational for toddlers, they probably even cover consent, respect etc by reading certain books, telling stories.

Normal for a very young kid we teach them the names of their private parts and general autonomy stuff - “my body belongs to me” seems to be the going phrase these days.

Does this qualify as “teaching consent” if “consenting” is the bit where the person says yes?

That's exactly why you teach them about consent, in an age appropriate way.

How else do you think they learn things, if not by education?
Ummm, yeah that's exactly what I've been saying.

Super young kids don't need a curriculum based sex education to be taught who / what is bad / good.

Kids who watch playschool = 'it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo'. A simpler approach and appropriate education for that age is suffice. They don't need anything more complex than that, in fact it'd probably be counter productive.

Kids late primary / early high school = a curriculum based sex education is absolutely essential.

Western liberal societies have been doing this for more than a century now.

Can't make it any simpler than that.

Is that education enough for you?

Ummm, yeah that's exactly what I've been saying.

Super young kids don't need a curriculum based sex education to be taught who / what is bad / good.

Kids who watch playschool = 'it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo'. A simpler approach and appropriate education for that age is suffice. They don't need anything more complex than that, in fact it'd probably be counter productive.

Kids late primary / early high school = a curriculum based sex education is absolutely essential.

Western liberal societies have been doing this for more than a century now.

Can't make it any simpler than that.

Is that education enough for you?

If they aren't at school, by definition it's not a curriculum based education.

I hope that helps.

Normal for a very young kid we teach them the names of their private parts and general autonomy stuff - “my body belongs to me” seems to be the going phrase these days.

Does this qualify as “teaching consent” if “consenting” is the bit where the person says yes?

Another excellent point, and for kids who watch playschool that's probably all they need to know.

'my body belongs to me'

To suggest that some sort of curriculum based education is required for teletubby watchers to say 'no' to pedo person is absurd imo. They just need to be taught what / who is bad / good but in simple terms - not textual information you'd educate a 12-13 yo with.

If they aren't at school, by definition it's not a curriculum based education.

I hope that helps.
Ok I'll leave it there.

You're either being deliberately ignorant or you really can't make the distinction there's intelligence levels between kids of formative mind years and pre teens.

You dug your own hole mate.

Ok I'll leave it there.

You're either being deliberately ignorant or you really can't make the distinction there's intelligence levels between kids of formative mind years and pre teens.

You dug your own hole mate.

You introduced the term 'curriculum based' to try and shift goalposts.

That was your idea, not mine.

Keep digging.

Why? Because he has a different opinion than you on this matter? Are you a parent?
He's basically saying "we shouldn't teach them about consent... except the bit where we teach them about consent in an age appropriate way."

It's silly.

He's basically saying "we shouldn't teach them about consent... except the bit where we teach them about consent in an age appropriate way."

It's silly.

Interesting comments by the Samoan boys leading up to the World Cup final.

Begs the question of diversity:
The plotting began in a raucous dressing room at Emirates Stadium only moments after Samoa shook up rugby league’s established world order. They sang, they celebrated and they said a prayer. They thanked each other, they thanked God … and they started planning a second miracle in seven days. They did it with a smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye.

It's silly.

That's an incorrect interpretation of my post Chief.

All I'm saying is that kids who watch playschool in nappies aren't gonna have any fi what the context of consent means.

All kids of that age need is education on is what / who is good / bad.

They don't need education you'd provide to pre teens / early teens to learn that.

That's an incorrect interpretation of my post Chief.

All I'm saying is that kids who watch playschool in nappies aren't gonna have any fi what the context of consent means.

All kids of that age need is education on is what / who is good / bad.

They don't need education you'd provide to pre teens / early teens to learn that.
You are acting like it would take the form of giving them a piece of paper with the dictionary definition of "consent" written on it.

Why?

Back