Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round 2023 (Round 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sneaky of Fremantle to beat the prospective Tassie team to it by having a map of Tasmania on their Indigenous guernsey this year...
probably got tasmania on the jumper because that’s where alex pearce is from who helped designed the jumper.

The logos Melbourne, Port and Freo are using for the indigenous round are amazing. Really hope the continue to use them in future years and more teams get on board in the future

Last edited:
Melbourne's indigenous name is still inaccurate as it refers to Port Phillip Bay as a whole and not the Melbourne settlement area, would be like Sydney calling themselves Daring Harbour.
My understanding is Naarm is the name for the whole bay in Boon Wurrung language, but in Woi Wurrung it more specifically refers to the area which is now central Melbourne. But it seems there is a bit of uncertainty around this.

Alternatively I have seen Birrarunga been used more, meaning place next to the Birrarung (Yarra River).

But it could be a good thing for the club to look into further and specify their use of the word.

Melbourne's indigenous name is still inaccurate as it refers to Port Phillip Bay as a whole and not the Melbourne settlement area, would be like Sydney calling themselves Daring Harbour.
Warrane is Sydney Cove now Circular Quay

Been great to see a lot of local amateur clubs jump on board as well this season.

Is there a thread where people have shared any? I remember an ANZAC one from a few seasons ago

Watch our fanbase start rioting if that ever came to fruition.
You could at least try a monogram with your First Nations name ;)

Going by above that would be QFC and I think you might be able to get that to work, then again you guys seems pretty adverse to the much nicer looking modernised version on the jumper so it might cause a riot if you mess with it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Carlton can relax the CFC logo for one Indigenous round. Great artwork but the traditional logo on top is meh.
DdtgKt_VwAAXtZd.jpg

I think you will find Stengle has tucked his in a little hiding the third hoop, even the junior jumpers have 3 on the cats shop.

Mine has been ordered!!!!
On this morning’s Instagram post, O’Connor looks to have two hoops and an untucked shirt.

Attachments

• 90AD6CE4-996B-40AD-91F7-28AC5B125D0E.jpeg
    90AD6CE4-996B-40AD-91F7-28AC5B125D0E.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 53

Remove this Banner Ad

Back