Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round 2023 (Round 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

north melbourne with a tease for their indigenous round guernsey. this may sound biased but north melbourne always produce some of the best indigenous round guernseys.

it’s amazing to see how far the guernseys have come from when richmond started making special designed guernseys in 2011 and adelaide being the first team besides richmond and essendon to make a special guernsey where they changed the navy blue to black on their guernsey.

More on GWS:

More on GWS:
I reckon this is probably GWS's best design for indigenous round so far, I'm a big fan!

north indigenous guernseys from the roo shop website

Attachments

• BDFBCA9D-8C2D-42FB-BF49-CECA9E8383B7.jpeg
    BDFBCA9D-8C2D-42FB-BF49-CECA9E8383B7.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 17991531-5585-4A77-A953-1F805A488FE3.jpeg
    17991531-5585-4A77-A953-1F805A488FE3.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 192
Home and clash for the lions
For the first time, I feel as though a significant amount of teams aren't improving on lasts years, I really do feel this is nowhere near last years effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues Indigenous - Reminds me of home: Blues launch 2023 AFL Indigenous guernsey

345905037_715989527195440_3924009651545075820_n.jpeg

065A9979.jpg

For the first time, I feel as though a significant amount of teams aren't improving on lasts years, I really do feel this is nowhere near last years effort.

Just to follow up, I think its time for each club to have a 2 year minimum on their designs, so much effort is put into them they need to be used for more than 1 year.

Just to follow up, I think its time for each club to have a 2 year minimum on their designs, so much effort is put into them they need to be used for more than 1 year.
So true, have always had this thought that clubs should wear a commemorative design (ANZAC, Sir Doug Nicholls, etc) for at least two years, alternating which one changes each year to still give fans something to look forward to in that dept.

Year 1: New ANZAC kits, previous SDN Round kits
Year 2: Same ANZAC kit, new SDN Round kit.
Year 3: Another new ANZAC kit, prior SDN Round kit

So on and so forth, would make them just feel a bit more special for those that have designed them. Could throw the other kits teams come out with in that rotation too eg. Hawks' "Legends" jumpers.

So true, have always had this thought that clubs should wear a commemorative design (ANZAC, Sir Doug Nicholls, etc) for at least two years, alternating which one changes each year to still give fans something to look forward to in that dept.

Year 1: New ANZAC kits, previous SDN Round kits
Year 2: Same ANZAC kit, new SDN Round kit.
Year 3: Another new ANZAC kit, prior SDN Round kit

So on and so forth, would make them just feel a bit more special for those that have designed them. Could throw the other kits teams come out with in that rotation too eg. Hawks' "Legends" jumpers.
Don’t mind this, though I’d prefer ANZAC jumpers didn’t become a league-wide initiative. Feels a bit weird seeing GC wear one despite not existing during the world wars. The clubs that have a pre-existing ANZAC tradition (Coll v Ess, Melb v Rich, Port at home, I’m sure there’s more) could wear something but even then I’m iffy. Would be totally fine seeing the ANZAC badge across the whole league during the round though.

soo teams we are still waiting for to release the guernseys are
1. Fremantle
2. Gold Coast
3. Port Adelaide
4. St. Kilda
5. West Coast

Both are fantastic, no idea what you're thinking!
Not saying it’s bad, just like last years a lot more.

My point is that the evolution of these jumpers has come a long way to a point that the designs are not improvements just doing re designs every year. With the work that goes into these a yearly minimum should come in accross the league.

Sydney’s 3 to 5 years is best, but I know Geelong have 2 years now too. All clubs should follow this now and give these jumpers more than 1 year on the field. These designs deserve this!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back