Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (8) released 21/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Long Term (1) :
• R15+ Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (2) :
• R15-16 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (No change)
• R14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)

Short Term (3) :
• R12-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - 1-2 weeks (Was 1-3 weeks)
• R12-13 Harry Barnett (Shin) - 1-2 weeks (No change)
• R12 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 1 week (Was 2-3 weeks)

Test (1) :
Elliot Yeo (Groin) - Test (No change)

Jeremy McGovern, Clay Hall and Matt Flynn have been taken off the injury list after recovering from their respective injuries. Flynn will play his first game in Eagles colours through the WAFL this weekend.

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who will be available for the WAFL side but won’t be considered for senior selection until after the bye following a late night car accident in Geraldton

Last edited:
Rules for thee but not for me as they say

I’ve literally got no idea what you’re on about.

I’m not pretending I’ve got inside info, if that’s what you mean. I asked the question about Barnett on Twitter. There’s been no official response but someone replied that it had been mentioned during the broadcast that he was out ill. That’s all I’m going on.

Wont be anything until scans done tomorrow.
Someone earlier mentioned they had info Long has a MCL instead of ACL but unconfirmed.
The real question is is it likely to be an MCL or you heard it was an MCL?

Because that really makes a difference with these things.

I heard he was expected to play and during the WAFL team warm up Jacob Brennan called his manager and Barnett was at and all you can eat babies restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and one of the babies looked at me.
Will be an interesting injury report.

Barnett: 2 weeks (eating babies)

Completely forgot about Hunt.
Was there any more info about how severe his knee injury is?

In the Friday press conference Simpson said Hunt had a bit of a sore knee as well as a sore toe and (I think) a sore back. Essentially he was sore and needed a rest

He was hopeful that it would only be a week but wasn’t overly confident that it wouldn’t be longer

That tackle on Longy seemed like it went longer than necessary. He probably wouldn't have gotten injured otherwise.

Yep and he didn't need to ride his forearm up to the throat and pull back. It had malicious intent and could see it in his smile as he got up - which is why Ginbey (God bless him) remonstrated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a good week off Snake.

Pretty sure I remember the contest where he likely got concussed. Was on the ground for a decent few moments.

One of the most gutsy games I can remember from an Eagles KPF. Took an absolute battering all day and kept on steaming in. Might have dragged us over the line if he got to have a crack at his 4th. He had the Bombers defenders in fits.

If Longy has a serious knee I hope they bite the bullet and pack him up for the season. Too young and too important to the future to risk him returning ASAP.

Yeo is a bit of a different scenario IMO. He is obviously only ever going to be able to rely on his body to a certain point. Get him as right as possible and out there leading the midfield. Showing our young mids how it's done at the level is how we can get best value.

FootyRhino claiming on his Triple M segment that Waterman’s done a hammy as well as the concusion.

There was a contest late where he got up holding his hammy so it wouldn’t surprise if he has at least some awareness

I've got decent mail that Long has an MCL not ACL.

Scans tomorrow will tell what grade it is.
Hoping for a 1st or 2nd.

Fingers crossed this is the case.

Also, Simpsons reaction after the game gives me a little bit of hope.

He said “i haven’t been told it’s that “(an ACL) but needing to get scans is never good” or something to that effect.

When Culley an Nic did their knees, Simpson was more resigned to the fact that it was possibly an ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back