Slobbos top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't consume football media. I just go to the footy and watch him play, nobody is playing like him, nobody has his weapons, an accumulator with god like skills and vision. The last player that had similar was GAJ.
You either have the smarts or you don’t. The way Daicos thinks, and uses the ball to put the team in an attacking position is the major reason we are premiers. It’s little wonder opposition coaches put so much work into him. In fact, has there been a second year player who has received the same focus/attention from opposition coaches than what we saw in 2023?

Other players have the freedom to do what they want without any heat.

Yes you're smitten by a terrific young star. The comment I was responding to that he was suggested to be the best player in the comp by a street was quite laughable.

He's brilliant for sure, but the hyperbole from Pies fans is over the top.
I think Bontempelli is the best player right now. But there’s no denying the fact a 2nd year player was one of the main reasons we are premiers. Daicos will take the mantle soon enough.

Nick Daicos is the best player in the comp by a street. Best player since GAJ. Rest looks okay, not sure you could have Curnow in the top 10 when he goes totally missing in the finals .
He is the best half back flanker in the AFL.
He is not the best midfielder in the AFL , nor the best forward.
I would not say that the best player in the comp is a HBF.
Matthews, GAJ, skilton, Judd, those types who played predominantly midfield are where he needs to excel at before he comes into consideration ( and over a longer period than 46 games as well)
He hasn't even won collingwoods b and f yet ffs

I think Bontempelli is the best player right now. But there’s no denying the fact a 2nd year player was one of the main reasons we are premiers. Daicos will take the mantle soon enough.
I dont necessarily disagree with you, but your fairly sensible post was not the one I was responding to.

I don't consume football media. I just go to the footy and watch him play, nobody is playing like him, nobody has his weapons, an accumulator with god like skills and vision. The last player that had similar was GAJ.
people who didn’t like the Dusty hype will definitely not like the Daicos hype. It’ll be 10x worse guaranteed.

Already using words like “godlike” 🤮

As a predictive exercise I think the list is pretty good. The benefit of a predictive list is you can make excuses when it inevitably plays out differently when you do an end of year actual best.

For me, I expect Daicos, Bont, Curnow, Cameron and Toby to be in the end of year top 5. From Robbos list I'd be surprised if Nick Larkey isn't higher at the end of the year and that Joe Daniher and Braydhaw would be left out. And although I appreciate he is probably more experienced with the impact of addiction than me, it would be odd if Oliver isn't top 25.

A few criticisms of LDU being so high. I think where Robbo has him is within his ceiling.

Butters at 2 and Degoey at 7 LMFAO, Max Gawn at 20 is just plain idiotic. Slobbo gets more embarrassing by the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthews, GAJ, skilton, Judd, those types who played predominantly midfield are where he needs to excel at before he comes into consideration ( and over a longer period than 46 games as well)

Jack Sinclair is a better half back than Daicos.

Jeremy Cameron getting slept on a bit in these threads. Got banged up a fair bit last year but for the better part of the first two months was by far and away the best player in the comp.

A lot of complaining about people not getting this is a "prediction" for the end of the 2024 season.

Well this is his prediction from the start of 2023 so you can see for yourself how right he usually is:

1 Charlie Curnow
2 Christian Petracca
3 Marcus Bontempelli
4 Patrick Cripps
5 Clayton Oliver
6 Jeremy Cameron
7 Dustin Martin
8 Lachie Neale
9 Patrick Dangerfield
10 Chad Warner
11 Tom Lynch
12 Tom Stewart
13 Shai Bolton
14 Connor Rozee
15 Darcy Moore
16 Jordan De Goey
17 Touk Miller
18 Toby Greene
19 Andrew Brayshaw
20 Hugh McCluggage
21 Aaron Naughton
22 Steven May
23 Dion Prestia
24 Josh Dunkley
25 Jack Macrae
26 James Sicily
27 Max Gawn
28 Tom Hawkins
29 Tim English
30 Jacob Weitering
31 Callum Mills
32 Charlie Cameron
33 Nick Daicos
34 Cam Guthrie
35 Rowan Marshall
36 Zach Merrett
37 Luke Davies-Uniacke
38 Nick Vlastuin
39 Isaac Heeney
40 Sam Walsh
41 Rory Laird
42 Brayden Maynard
43 Harry McKay
44 Tom Barrass
45 Angus Brayshaw
46 Luke Parker
47 Mark Blicavs
48 Tim Taranto
49 Sam Taylor
50 Bailey Smith

I understand it is Robbo's prediction for 2024 but its strange for me that he himself had Tim English rated at 29 this time last year. English went on to have his best season was AA ruckman. His prediction for this year has him out of the top 50, is he predicting him to break his leg or something? Id love to understand the logic behind it.

It is obvious Daicos will be an all time great. He's hasn't even started his 3rd year and should have pissed in the Brownlow (although Brownlow is a joke award). He'll play midfield this year, will be a walk up AA and up there in every award.

Bont can take contested marks and play as a genuine forward target, which is much more valuable than Nick's secondary position at half back. As great as Nick will be, I doubt he'll be ever more valuable than Bont. Probably more accolades though.

Butters at 2 and Degoey at 7 LMFAO, Max Gawn at 20 is just plain idiotic. Slobbo gets more embarrassing by the year.
How many more times does it have to said that it’s a prediction?

When Mike retired, and passed the baton to Robbo, inside the batton was a formula that read:

5 Glaring Omissions
+
5 Unjustified Additions
x
Favoring Collingwood + (%Flavor Of the Month% Team)

= More hits/Sales for the Herald Sun

Robbo is just doing what Mike made famous in the hope that it works for him too.

I understand it is Robbo's prediction for 2024 but its strange for me that he himself had Tim English rated at 29 this time last year. English went on to have his best season was AA ruckman. His prediction for this year has him out of the top 50, is he predicting him to break his leg or something? Id love to understand the logic behind it.
Think Robbo would struggle to remember what he put last year. And seeking to understand the logic of Robbo is beyond mere mortals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back