Slobbos top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Serong at 34 is laughable. The kid is an absolute gun.
Top 20 ahead of Anderson & Davies-Uniake (what the hell Robbo!). I'd almost have him on par with Rozee, although he doesn't kick the goals like some of the other elite mids. Then again neither does Lachie Neale and Serong is similar.

Serong at 34 is laughable. The kid is an absolute gun.
Top 20 ahead of Anderson & Davies-Uniake (what the hell Robbo!). I'd almost have him on par with Rozee, although he doesn't kick the goals like some of the other elite mids. Then again neither does Lachie Neale and Serong is similar.
Very underrated by most.
He turned 23 a few weeks ago
Won every young gun award, vice captain and durable.
In 2023 he ave 30 disposals, five tackles, seven clearances, one score assist and 400 metres gained per game.
Becoming only the fourth player to achieve the feat.
I’m not trumpeting that he’s the best player in the comp but as a fellow docker said.
The purple camouflage is very effective.

Wilkie is one of the very best defenders in the league and there is no argument to that. To not be top 50 is comical. He is the general in the leagues best defence.

Very underrated by most.
He turned 23 a few weeks ago
Won every young gun award, vice captain and durable.
In 2023 he ave 30 disposals, five tackles, seven clearances, one score assist and 400 metres gained per game.
Becoming only the fourth player to achieve the feat.
I’m not trumpeting that he’s the best player in the comp but as a fellow docker said.
The purple camouflage is very effective.

Fremantle don't get publicized much here in Victoria. We get a significant amount more about West Coast but for whatever reason, Dockers have always remained in the dark.

As has always been mentioned on numerous occasions, Matthew Pavlich would be held in higher regard had he play for a Melburnian club.
Be garnered with similar appraise as what Nick Riewoldt gets and some would have Pavlich the better overall footballer.

When Mike retired, and passed the baton to Robbo, inside the batton was a formula that read:

5 Glaring Omissions
+
5 Unjustified Additions
x
Favoring Collingwood + (%Flavor Of the Month% Team)

= More hits/Sales for the Herald Sun

Robbo is just doing what Mike made famous in the hope that it works for him too.
Slobbo isn't smart enough to think like that

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Obviously Slobbo feels that he is going to take his game to new level in 2024. Not that hard to believe. The guy has really only the past 2 seasons played predominantly midfield. Seems to be fitter than ever, and if he continues to have no off-field issues again as he was the case in 2023, then why not?

At his best he is a damaging, goalkicking midfielder. Not many players like him in the game. If he can continue to improve, no reason why he can’t end 2024 as one of the best 10 players.

Afterall, that’s what this list is. Forward looking. A prediction over the 2024 season. Not previous seasons.

Lucky to be top 200 early on

Shouldn't be a surprise though

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

The fact you are even comparing LDU to Cripps is bewildering.. How many games has LDU dragged his team to victory in?? LDU played a handful of good games in 23, prior to that there were question marks on if he would even make it as an AFL level player, didn’t he get dropped in 2022.

Cripps has spent his entire career with 3 blokes hanging off him, LDU runs around without an opponent. Clubs will tag Sheezel before they bother with LDU..
LDU better than
I never even raised LDU.

Was responding to specifically the following post

I was talking about Cripps in isolation.

He was garbage last year and well down on his previous seasons.

Nowhere near deserved the 40 man AA squad and him "captaining his team to a prelim" has as much relevance to this discussion as Tom Jonas Captaining his side to the finals.

In terms of the entire top 50, he's probably lucky to even be in it based on 2023.

I will give Robbo the same benefit of the doubt you should with LDU, it's a prediction based list, Robbo is obviously predicting Cripps to bounce back, which is fine.

But if you want to nit pick on actual recent performance, Cripps doesn't belong in the Top 50 at all if we are talking about his last 25 games.
LDU better than Cripps 😂 😂 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back