So who will be going for Collingwood next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't stand either Collingwood or St Kilda. Will probably not even bother watching the game if those are the teams competing.

This.

Best result for mine is a nil-all draw with Milne and Didak both spontaneously combusting.

Second best result would be either team winning by 118 points just so we can be reminded who holds the GF losing margin record.

Always cracks me up when people say they never travel well where would you want a Collingwood Vs another Melb club played.Besides other clubs demand playing them at the G cause they need the gate takings.

Doc Clarke summed it up for me this morning. He said it's not the home ground advantage that's valuable - it's the fact that your pre-match routine is the same and the lack of travel makes it easier to be settled.

I hate all clubs remaining, except the Dogs. They are no chance.

However I know so nice Pies supporters, I won't mind if they get to see another premiership (though I was hoping Geelong would win again, since I feel the Pies will be around the mark for the next few years still), and I don't know any Saints supporters.

I'm really indifferent to the result, however I'll be avoiding Bay 13 and the main board if the Pies win for a few weeks. :p

I kinda also want Pies to win, just to see the fallout from the majority of footy fans (those who hate Collingwood). Reckon would be some good for some laughs

I can understand how people in Vic would find all the coverage excruciating, but living in Adelaide we wouldn't see/hear too much of it.

St Kilda FTW. Having said that I wouldn't mind a draw...I am waiting for the day to see a drawn grand final!

I hate collingwood and I hate St Kilda.

However I pride myself on giving teams credit when its due and if either of them win well it will be deserved. It will be interesting to see how eager malthouse is to step aside if collingwood win this won and push for another. But this could be very bad news for bucks dream of coaching his beloved pies. if he was smart he should apply somewhere else.

Can't stand either Collingwood or St Kilda. Will probably not even bother watching the game if those are the teams competing.

I'm contemplating the same unless Chelsea Roffey's goal umpiring.

St Kilda supporters and Collingwood supporters are as bad as each other - the only difference is there are less St Kilda supporters.

Collingwood v St Kilda Grand Final - a nightmare for neutral supporters

I'll be going for Collingwood. Don't particularly have any affinity for the club but do I like how they've approached their list management and selection as compared with us.

O'Bree, Lockyer, Medhurst and Fraser won't play next week. As far as I am aware, all are fit and available. They have decided not to play these players, even though it is players with less experience in their place.

I also like that they debuted 10 players in one season recently and still played finals. They do not equate investing games in young players with tanking or gifting games.

I like how they rotated their squad this year, not forcing older players or young kids to play all 22 matches. They kept their squad relatively fresh and Malthouse acknowledges that the younger players on his list will not progress if they get stuck playing VFL football for too long.

They traded shrewdly last offseason to help them go an extra step.

They operate how I wish we operated.

This is probably the worst season I have experienced as a supporter. Crows have a shocker and Collingwood - St Kilda meet in the grand final. Neutral supporters nightmare.

After watching St Kilda tonight I have decided that there are fewer Collingwood players I can't stand compared to the Saints side which is full of players I hate watching. Not to mention their game style is horrible.

It's the first and possibly last time I will ever say this but.... Go Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jeez what a tough one. i think i'd have to say i really dont want collingwood to win, but i really really really dont want the saints to win. goddam it, that arrogant prick lyons doesnt deserve to win s**t, and the saints get heaps of umpire favouritism against all clubs (especially us). and as someone else has said, collingwood has played an attractive style of footy this year, while the saints use ultra negative tactics, so **** 'em.

go collingwood!

... i need to go wash my mouth out now

I'll be going for Collingwood. Don't particularly have any affinity for the club but do I like how they've approached their list management and selection as compared with us.

O'Bree, Lockyer, Medhurst and Fraser won't play next week. As far as I am aware, all are fit and available. They have decided not to play these players, even though it is players with less experience in their place.

I also like that they debuted 10 players in one season recently and still played finals. They do not equate investing games in young players with tanking or gifting games.

I like how they rotated their squad this year, not forcing older players or young kids to play all 22 matches. They kept their squad relatively fresh and Malthouse acknowledges that the younger players on his list will not progress if they get stuck playing VFL football for too long.

They traded shrewdly last offseason to help them go an extra step.

They operate how I wish we operated.

Admittedly I've started to feel this way about the Pies too!

Their hunger and commitment to winning the grand final is admirable also. And that's something we severely lacked, albeit on a lesser scale, all season.

Collingwood deserve it after the year they've had.
Love the way they play as opposed to the boring crap St Kiilda dish up too often.
I can not stand half the Saints team, where as I enjoy watching the Pies players.
I'm usually quite Anti-Collingwood, with the exception of this year.

No real reason to go for Collingwood. They've demonstrated more ruthlessness with their list management than us but going for them on the basis of that would be like if a bloke slept with my wife, and I chose to let him keep staying in my house because he cleaned the mess up quickly afterwards. Fact is they've caused us hurt so I'm not keen on seeing them get up. Didn't hate them before they slept with my w-beat us in last year's semi.

Find Milne annoying, but I'll go for the Saints.

I'm torn, whilest I dont passionate hate Collingwood I dont actually like them either. As for St Kilda, I like the fact that we have 4 teams under us premiership wise so I would also prefer to keep it that way rather than the Saints join us on two flags.

So I am not sure, I will most probably decide when I am watching the game.

I dislike both clubs however have couple mates who are totally bias Pies supporters who pay absolutely no credit to any other club so out of SPITE and it hurts me to say I will go for the Saints

Go the Pies. Never ever thought I'd ever say that.

But after Shitkilda flogs came on this board and gloated about knocking us out of the top four when Essendon bent over for them, I have delighted in their failure to deliver.

Anyhows, Reiwolt to get a match for intentional tripping by hand, and flailing-elbows-Goddard to get a match for reckless head high stuff :) ....so, Saints are GAAAAAAAAWN.

I'm going to Sydney next friday for the weekend so I won't see the game thankfully.

Given Collingwood won in 1990 it's no fun in taking the piss with them any more so they may as well win it.

Those scummy Sait's tho' served me watered down drinks in their Social Club in about 1986 .... so I hope their 1 flag history haunts them forever.

I'd have preferred Geelong out of the last 4.

Collingwood for sure. Loved watching them tear the Cats apart, almost as much as when we beat them. Love the black and white teams, so when the Crows are out am behind them.

Plus hate St Kilda, they had their chance at a flag when Blighty was there. He only went there to win a flag. They sacked him and I hope they never taste success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back