Soccer world cup has no place in this great country!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many of these backward types would walk into a pub with English fans, German fans, Serbian Fans, Greek Fans and say;
Your a bunch of NTTAWWTs, your wogball sucks and this fuking world cup festival has completly fuked up my AFL schdeule for the month. Take your happiness and get the *** outta here.

I wonder how many of these sophisticated and cultured soccer fanatics have ever left the country and gone to an EPL club's unofficial pub (or any pub in the area) before a game?

None? Is the answer 'none'? Its 'none', isn't it?

Agreed x 50 gazillion.

I wonder how many of those bleating 'No World Cup' were cheering when we qualified against Uruguay last World Cup & cheering us on in Germany???????????

The opportunity is just TOO GOOD to pass up for Australia. I had the good fortune to be in Germany for the last one & it was simply awesome.

I am as mad AFL as anyone but FFS it doesnt compare to the global scale, the colour, the party atmosphere, the economic benefit etc etc that hosting a World Cup can bring.

Big AndyD needs to put down his eclairs for a moment & start getting creative with solutions to fixturing not just shouting for compensation.
Your lucky to have experienced it live!
That is a very good question, "How did you feel when Australia pipped Uruguay to qualify for the World Cup"?

It is probably/arguably one of the greatest sporting achievments in our life time.

I too love both games, played both and was good at both. I still play Aussie Rules, simply because the aggressive element allows me to make up for the short fall I have with age in losing some polish. Otherwise I may have been playing soccer.

Well which would you take?

A Flag or 10 World cups played here?

Stupid question by stupid poster.

1. An Essendon flag is always a very strong possibility.

2. 10 World Cups? That is NEVER going to happen.

You are a small-minded little insignificant boy who really needs to do some growing up.

Seriously...............in the mean time.................give up posting.

Your lucky to have experienced it live!
That is a very good question, "How did you feel when Australia pipped Uruguay to qualify for the World Cup"?

It is probably/arguably one of the greatest sporting achievments in our life time.

I too love both games, played both and was good at both. I still play Aussie Rules, simply because the aggressive element allows me to make up for the short fall I have with age in losing some polish. Otherwise I may have been playing soccer.

Agree wholeheartedly. An experience of a lifetime!

If anybody seriously thinks that the AFL is significant in terms of global sport they are seriously deluded.

Yes we all love our AFL teams passionately but it is nothing in comparison to the passion of a World Cup.

FFS it is a 'one-off' in our lifetimes most probably!

The AFL, ARL, NRL can all go screw themselves for the time the World Cup is on........!

I bet Big Andy D is pretty quick to put out his hands for World Cup Final tickets!

Agree wholeheartedly. An experience of a lifetime!

If anybody seriously thinks that the AFL is significant in terms of global sport they are seriously deluded.

Yes we all love our AFL teams passionately but it is nothing in comparison to the passion of a World Cup.

FFS it is a 'one-off' in our lifetimes most probably!

The AFL, ARL, NRL can all go screw themselves for the time the World Cup is on........!

I bet Big Andy D is pretty quick to put out his hands for World Cup Final tickets!
I probably give Andy D too much credit, but I can only imagine he is playing the Aussie bid for a new stadium. Which will obviously benefit AFL!

Stupid question by stupid poster.

1. An Essendon flag is always a very strong possibility.

2. 10 World Cups? That is NEVER going to happen.

You are a small-minded little insignificant boy who really needs to do some growing up.

Seriously...............in the mean time.................give up posting.

How is a SCUM Flag always a strong chance? Have you been brain dead for the last 7 years? A SCUM Flag is a million to 1 next year, not to mention the 3 or 4 years after.

Perhaps you love that other little game so much because of your background of aiming for the top 16.

How is a SCUM Flag always a strong chance? Have you been brain dead for the last 7 years? A SCUM Flag is a million to 1 next year, not to mention the 3 or 4 years after.

Perhaps you love that other little game so much because of your background of aiming for the top 16.

Go back & look at the question YOU asked. :eek:

YOU are now confusing the issue either through your own stupidity or as some veiled deflection to prove a point about Essendon.

Your ability to self-fail is just astonishing. :eek:

YOU create a thread about a very topical subject where everybody has an opinion & then all YOU want to do is turn it into an 'Essendon are SCUM' thread thinking that hearing this from you for the 500th time is somehow relevant or humorous.

Seriously..........give up posting. :eek::eek::eek:

Dumbest post of this rubbish thread hands down.

You should get out from behind your computer every once in a while and make some real friends, then you might have a clue about Australias culture.

What? Are we rewriting Australian history from your bedsit in London are we?

w***er.

Agreed x 50 gazillion.

I wonder how many of those bleating 'No World Cup' were cheering when we qualified against Uruguay last World Cup & cheering us on in Germany???????????

The opportunity is just TOO GOOD to pass up for Australia. I had the good fortune to be in Germany for the last one & it was simply awesome.
I was in Germany through the winter of 05/06 (before the WC), once I got back to Australia (Feb), I didn't watch a game of soccer, and when we played the final or whatever it was, I was asleep while the others I was with (camp with Germans and Aussies who had all spent significant time in Germany) went and watched it.

Not interested in it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point, nobody here is trying to sell you the idea to convert you. I for one will not critize you for it.

Point is knob heads want Australias WC bid to fail, because it's a "sh!t game". That is pure evil.

Whether you like it or not, it is the greatest and biggest sporting tournament in the world.

I was in Germany through the winter of 05/06 (before the WC), once I got back to Australia (Feb), I didn't watch a game of soccer, and when we played the final or whatever it was, I was asleep while the others I was with (camp with Germans and Aussies who had all spent significant time in Germany) went and watched it.

Agreed it does not appeal to everyone all of the time.

Personally I wouldn't ever contemplate going to see an American NBA game even if i was given free tickets, as I believe basketball is the dumbest most pointless game ever invented. Many people would find this peculiar.

BUT.......the opportunity for our country to host the World Cup, the biggest sporting event on the planet, is just too good to pass up.

The social & economic benefits it would bring to this country would be enormous, more so than the Olympics in my opinion. These benefits would vastly outweigh any disruption caused to an AFL or NRL season.

Seriously, who would give a toss if our current AFL season was split into two halves of 13 weeks each with a disruption of anywhere between 6-10 weeks in between. BIG EFFING DEAL! Think of the once in a lifetime opportunity that will be played out in the mean time.

WTF does that mean? Tell us of this magical way that you measure passion.

Ok i agree with you that it is an impossible thing to measure by definition.
I probably should have quantified it by explaining in terms of how the event itself has the capacity to galvanise the passion of an entire nation rather than merely a suburb.

Hope that helps you. :)

Too many racists on this thread you all should hang your heads in shame with some of the comments thats why the WORLD GAME will never play there blue ribbon event here too many red necks .

lol

They're staging it in South Africa; one of the most backwards, racist countries in the entire planet. :thumbsdown:

Ok i agree with you that it is an impossible thing to measure by definition.
I probably should have quantified it by explaining in terms of how the event itself has the capacity to galvanise the passion of an entire nation rather than merely a suburb.

Hope that helps you. :)

Hollow and shallow, To galvanise the ethnic community is more to the point.

If soccer does anything, anything at all to this ENTIRE nation, it makes us sick.

About a 1 in 20000 minority have floated here from some distant distant land and made the assumption that we give a s**t about the only game they know.

Hollow and shallow, To galvanise the ethnic community is more to the point.

If soccer does anything, anything at all to this ENTIRE nation, it makes us sick.

About a 1 in 20000 minority have floated here from some distant distant land and made the assumption that we give a s**t about the only game they know.
Your a Tosser and a pathetic little man.

I would rather cut my penis off with a rusty blunt knife than watch Soccer. Makes me sick seeing proud Australians associating with a dirty wog's sport, it is absolutely sickening to the mind. :thumbsdown:

No you are seeking to draw objection so that you could use this line. There was no reason for you to call it wogball. You are a w@nker. (PS I am Australian-Greek and take no offense to that word, and dont think you are racist, but you are clearly being an absolute w@nker

nah you dont get it, the bloke carry's on every bloody soccer thread about it being called wogball on an AFL website, its not the first time and if it upsets him so much(he's told me it doesnt really) why bother?? And sooking on bay 13 of all places??
As for calling me a w***er, no need to get abusive, at least Ive got something to wank needle dick, and my mate here 'the wog' (yes thats what name he go's by) said to say your a bootso clefti, dunno what it means, he said you would hear it a lot though...:thumbsu:

This thread has had some racist posts fair enough they should be deleted and are very wrong, but dont sook over trivial crap, it just fires people up more, unless that was the plan...

Soccer is rubbish, a sport where very little scoring goes on is in no way exciting. A nil all game isn't considered sport either, i can have a nil all game in my backyard, don't have to pay to watch 90 minutes of ball passing :thumbsu:

Wog ball can piss off imo[/quot

Yes Afl is like hurling and galic football played in one country. Afl only wished it had a tenth of the audiance that football ( soccer ) has grow up pee brain and stop using the racist turms Fuking wanka .:thumbsdown:

I would rather cut my penis off with a rusty blunt knife than watch Soccer. Makes me sick seeing proud Australians associating with a dirty wog's sport, it is absolutely sickening to the mind. :thumbsdown:

I wish you would do it and make sure you cut off you head as well arsehole you are a disgrace people like you should be euthanased .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back