Something is on the nose...and it's Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley is under all sorts of pressure now in 2021, all sorts! Who would want to play under him. Lets re-watch his 2019 Grand Final post match interview again!

I totally agree it's a screw up and the money should have been left in the cap to cover them... it seems like it wasn't done properly.

It was where my train of thought was going, the Football world is perplexed.... the players/team love Treloar, the supporters loved Treloar, Treloar loved his Club. It doesn't make sense.

The cap...? Maybe this sh*t storm is better than the alternative.....

Buckley is under all sorts of pressure now in 2021, all sorts! Who would want to play under him. Lets re-watch his 2019 Grand Final post match interview again!

Yep. Every player at Collingwood knows that if it will benefit him Buckley is fully prepared to lie about you, threaten you and kick you out of the club without a moments compassion.

Can you imagine the screaming if what was done to Treloar by his employer had actually been done to a woman because of what her husband was doing?

I'd venture if this happened in the non-sporting world there'd be a very juicy legal case.
Fair bit of screaming going on at the minute I'd suggest

If only they'd just fess up and tell the members that they screwed the cap and were forced to move players out reluctantly.

All the bullshit about wanting to hit the most compromised draft of all time, and the "the media just want something to talk about" is driving Pie fans insane, and I can't blame them. The spin has been diabolical from Walsh, Guy and Eddie.

I've never seen a club get it so wrong, so badly.

The worst part is, that this is after they stayed dead silent while all of this was floating around. Now that the trainwreck is out there, they look even worse for trying to justify it, given they pretty much ignored it for weeks.

They had a chance to get out of it and get ahead of it by trading up, telling Treloar, Phillips and Stephenson that they f*cked up, they have to move guys or they'll breach cap, and Ned Guy will be fired for not performing his duties as required.

Then come out publicly and say 'we want to retain Adz and Stevo but we can't afford to given the position we're in. As a result we will endeavour to find them new homes, in a way that is both fair to us and the player's and their respective new clubs. We apologize deeply to the members, but this is just a minor hiccup and we'll be back bigger and better next year.'

I came up with that in 60 seconds lol. These idiots had 3 weeks and they come up with 'we wanted to get some talent through the draft'...after they ditched elite talent for cents on the dollar.

Instead, it's now a complete mess, and players are publicly voicing their disdain over how they've been treated. It will only get worse from here - especially after they dragged Treloar's partner into it, and blamed her getting a job interstate for 10 months, for Treloar having to go. Absolute PR nightmare.

The predictably sad thing has occurred with some Collingwood supporters; bad mouthing Stephenson now that he is out the door.

These people are the apologists that Bucks and Eddie will target with their justifications, all the while ignoring the elephant in the room; their ineptitude.

One of the main reasons no one else was knocking down their door for Stephenson is that not many (if any) Melbourne clubs had the cap space for him; added to which it all occurred pretty late in the piece. No one was expecting him to be on the market at the start of the trade period.

Fish rots from the head as they say, Eddie will embrace the siege mentality from here I think - bunker down, total snow job, ‘la la la la I can’t hearrrrr you’.

No one in the media can really challenge McGuire himself, due to his standing and influence in TV and Radio - the vast majority of the journalists want to be on the television, or at the very least radio and being off side with Eddie might not be the best career move. We’ll get an acid tongued article from Caroline Wilson obviously, she’ll speak in absolutes, make some grand statements etc but nobody really takes that seriously anyway, they will just say “ooh Caro’s gone for a fair whack ha ha”.

Collingwood start next year well and all is forgiven from the supporters - that is really not that big a deal. They aren’t bailing on the club.

The most damage I think will have been done to player relations - depending on how popular guys like Treloar and Stephenson were. Some reports have suggested Treloar is a popular guy in the group, Stephenson not so much, so will the players move forward with ‘oh well Treloar’s deal was a shocker and Jaiyden was always a bit of a handful’ or will they feel ‘uh I better be careful, they might dump me too’.

That is without the impact on any incoming players....even then, money talks and again, if the success happens on the field then all is forgiven and forgotten.

Rough start to next year and the jungle drums start beating....but we all know that will be for Buckley, not Eddie
yeah one issue with my rag of choice is that a couple of The Age footy writers are Pies fans, they already went gently, gently on them in articles and in podcasts overnnight...David King on fox sports the only one I have seen come close to calling out the pies spin, which is an indictment on the media landscape as you mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah one issue with my rag of choice is that a couple of The Age footy writers are Pies fans, they already went gently, gently on them in articles and in podcasts overnnight...David King on fox sports the only one I have seen come close to calling out the pies spin, which is an indictment on the media landscape as you mention.

It is the main reason I don't watch any of them on the box, the football media end up talking about the same topics on different shows but worded differently.

It is almost like they ring up Eddie to see what they are allowed to talk about or to get ideas from Eddie on what he wants brought up.

It is the beauty of living in Brisbane, don't have to read it or watch it.

The weird part is I think everyone would have accepted the situation if they were honest.

“Guys we planned for a premiership. We had Grundy out of contract when he was a top 10 player in the game, resigned Moore on a massive contract, the Beams deal went **** up, we back-ended Treloars deal and then Covid hit scrapping the cap by 1.4 mill. We didn’t want to lose these guys but it’s the best we could do to in a bad situation.“

Collingwood fans would have copped it on the chin. The weirdest part of it all is how suddenly they realised they were going to be miles over the cap. Surely could have been better prepared than half way through the trade window.

Last edited:
I am so disgusted in the Collingwood Football Club. I have never ever been this pissed off with the club as I am now.
They need an entire clean out....the board and coaching staff.

Then to hear Ned Guy last night lie to everyone as if we are all stupid?

I hope Treloar has a BOG against us next year, with 40 touches and the Dogs beat us by 10+ goals and leads to the sacking of Buckley and other key members (if it doesn't happen earlier).

This day was always coming from when Malthouse left. It has been a continual slide from what we can see from the outside.
well they have to pin the blame on someone so Mick would be the obvious choice given the animosity of Ed and a few of his 'friends and those he doesn't
know so well or even like so well.. this happens in big business.. we like.. we don't like.. carry on...

Adam Treloar has confirmed reports Nathan Buckley told him multiple senior players wanted him gone from the club.

SEN‘s Sam Edmund reported Buckley had told Treloar senior core group members didn’t want him around. However, Buckley refuted the claims on Twitter.

“Yeah it is what you read – that was told to me in no uncertain way,” he told reporters on Friday morning.

“That did hurt because I know how close I am with the players. To be told that when I don’t think that’s the truth and to be told that when I know the majority of players love me, that hurts a bit.

“I guess they were adamant on moving me on. No matter how they were going to go about it, it was going to happen.

“I’ve spoken to a number of players and the majority of players have sent me messages of love and support. I don’t think that was the truth, I don’t think that was the reality.

“I think they were up for a fight to move me on and anything was going to be said to move me on. I didn’t think that was the truth.”

- Fox Sports
Not even gonna bother to renew my membership.
What an absolute shambles

You have to wonder where the captain is in all of this. I know Pendles is a company man, but he's one of the most invisible captains in the comp. If Buckley is going around telling players that the playing group hates them, as a captain surely you're involved in that one way or the other?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back