Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Stromae goes considering he is a French speaker its likely he is a Walloon.
If so, you can draw a line down the center of a road and say 'This side is France, this side is Belgium' however does this really change the nationally of its residents?
Walloons are French by my reckoning by culture, language and heritage.

Having said all that be he Walloon, Flemish or Chinese Stromae is a shithouse musician who I would happily billy.

Grey Crow is correct.
The Frogs were pretty serious about their empire building back in the day.
French West Africa, French Equatorial Africa and Algeria were very much a part of France before independence.

Even Cheese eating surrender monkeys when armed with heavy artillery and machine guns had little trouble overcoming opposing forces waving pointy sticks at them, and after killing large numbers they waltzed in and ran the joint.
It was considered very much part of France and all natives were eligible for French citizenship (once certain lofty conditions were met of course- meaning in practice about one in every 250,000 actually received it).

Some Canadians just happen to have a great grandmother who spoke French and they are pretentious campaigners who continue to speak French primarily to show they are pretentious campaigners.

Susana Silva I have no idea about Im afraid...
Maybe she likes pate?
I live for your world history lessons, Wonka!

Post-round update! (324)

• kdavva74 is DQed for the 2nd time in the 5 contests he's put a song in. He'll be in the HoS before we know it.
  • JoshWoodenSpoon's DQ tally is also increasing as he moves to 3.
  • She was a billy magnet early on in the contest but they dried up for her even though she struggled to get wins. However, MWPP is the billy winner for the first time since round 259, making it her 8th of the contest.
  • A podium winner from round 323, Loonerty slides 22 spots to 25th as the slider of the round.
  • manangatang was the bolter of the round, climbing 21 spots to take out his 4th podium.
More to come.

So are we all billying Julien Dore, or what?
_Tkvu3-oQwY_a4u7IX0un6c_riw=.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• William Wonka's vote average has dipped below 20 but he's looking to rectify that by getting a 12th podium!
  • Back One Out wins his 9th contest along with getting his 27th podium. We've had three Battle of Britain themes and he's won two of them. The first one he wasn't even here for so if we constantly have reduxes, my win record will come under threat.
Until next time!

The original is better MC Solaar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back