Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#SongContestPlaylist

Seventeen noms.

Will accept more before the usual.

Votes due Sunday 9pm.

Now go bang your heads. Might knock some sense into yas.

Last edited:
#SongContestPlaylist

Seventeen noms.

Will accept more before the usual.

Votes due Sunday 9pm.

Now go bang your heads. Might knock some sense into yas.

I'm on my phone but that just looks like one song as opposed to an entire playlist

I'm a nerd but I'm convinced I have my top and bottom picks already
Benchmarked a random song and went from feeling
That BM is epic shitness. Probably doesn't deserve to be in with this mix#LAF

1​
150​
2​
140​
3​
137​
4​
125​
5​
120​
6​
118​
7​
110​
8​
103​
9​
100​
10​
85​
11​
82​
12​
80​
13​
76​
14​
66​
15​
60​
BM
35​

Last edited:
alvin and the chipmunks 80s GIF

BOTED

I'm a nerd but I'm convinced I have my top and bottom picks already
Benchmarked a random song and went from feeling
That BM is epic shitness. Probably doesn't deserve to be in with this mix#LAF

1​
150​
2​
140​
3​
137​
4​
125​
5​
120​
6​
118​
7​
110​
8​
103​
9​
100​
10​
85​
11​
82​
12​
80​
13​
76​
14​
66​
15​
60​
BM
35​
What do the numbers in the right-hand column mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do the numbers in the right-hand column mean?
I pick a song by random, allocate it to 100, then adjust the numbers until I feel happy. All songs are compared with the randomly allocated song. I wouldn't read too much into the difference between that song. It's not a precise science. I'm just moving the numbers around to find the best songs. Anything in the middle I don't give too much thought.

I pick a song by random, allocate it to 100, then adjust the numbers until I feel happy. All songs are compared with the randomly allocated song. I wouldn't read too much into the difference between that song. It's not a precise science. I'm just moving the numbers around to find the best songs. Anything in the middle I don't give too much thought.

Oh that makes sense, I assumed for some reason you had criteria you were giving scores against. Nice way of doing it.

Oh that makes sense, I assumed for some reason you had criteria you were giving scores against. Nice way of doing it.
IT's really hard to do. To compare music from different genres and I reckon you've gotta go in with an open mind. I'm not terribly fond of screamo but I'm trying to identify the various aspects to the song and appreciate it. All being said, I'll probably never vote a screamo high without a screamo week.

It's gonna take a lot for 5FDP to not get my Billy.

My wife agrees and has also told me my song is the best by far in this contest which means I'm definitely getting the Billy.

So your favourite song in the playlist is 50% better than the random song?

This seems very numerical.
not exactly. as I said, it's not an exact science. I just move the numbers by feel to get a separation to get my top 5. I'm different

IT's really hard to do. To compare music from different genres and I reckon you've gotta go in with an open mind. I'm not terribly fond of screamo but I'm trying to identify the various aspects to the song and appreciate it. All being said, I'll probably never vote a screamo high without a screamo week.

I find your analysis fascinating but even more fascinating I'm reading your posts with Devil's Haircut on the radio.

My wife agrees and has also told me my song is the best by far in this contest which means I'm definitely getting the Billy.
I'm new here, but do you guys always talk s**t? nice bluff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back