Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Tron only likes obscure music, anything mainstream he hates.

I tried to nom this Hoodoos classic for the last round.

Estimated time of arrival 9.30 am

I might arrive but I will be gone the very next day.

Sing it again.

What happened to good old fashioned 90s music, kids these days.

Hey Genghis Tron
How good was to see Hendrix's strummage and frettage up close. And of course Hoosys smoothy bass.
And teeth and backwards. Bloke was an absolute wizard.
Left handed and upside down. My kind of muso.
Oh mate, I would have given anything to have experienced it in person.

When I started teaching myself bass I set it up just like Hendrix because it made far more sense to me. (I later swapped to the standard way) but I wanted to learn a stringed instrument because of Hendrix.

Funnily enough Hoos only started influencing my later work. It was more anal you see.

@Genghis Tron only likes obscure music, anything mainstream he hates
😂 s**t I forgot. I'm going to have to go back and amend my votes to avoid giving votes to anything remotely mainstream. Cheers Plugger :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's one of the few 90s bands I hate, you clearly know nothing about good 90s music.

This is good 90s music.

Do you enjoy any of the following?

Cosmic Psychos?
Frente!?
The Mark of Cain?
Tumbleweed?
Beasts of Burden?
Custard?
The Clouds?

Tronny.
I was absolutely sincere.
Your passion is joyful and inspiring.
I also admire your boundless optimism when it comes to music.
You could even find kind words about gangajang.
Which is no mean feat and actually demonstrates the humanitarian in you.
Just about all music has its merit. You just have see/hear it with eyes and ears that aren't your own.

Do you enjoy any of the following?

Cosmic Psychos?
Frente!?
The Mark of Cain?
Tumbleweed?
Beasts of Burden?
Custard?
The Clouds?

Tumbleweed were one of my favourite 90s bands.

Big stoner band.

Just about all music has its merit. You just have see/hear it with eyes and ears that aren't your own.
LOL. Just saw the quote in your av. It was a supreme compliment. My praise has its limitations in that i dont like to fart upwind.

Cosmic Psychos?:thumbsu:
Frente!?:think:
The Mark of Cain?:cool:
Tumbleweed?:p
Beasts of Burden?:thumbsu:
Custard?:moustache:
The Clouds?
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Went to school with Simon Austin from frente. Smart but smarmy bloke. He met angie when they both worked at MT Buller together in ski seasons.
He was a better actor than musician I think. He acted in a couple of abc productions of which the names escape me.
Clever fella but a wee bit enamoured with his own cleverness back in the day.

Tumbleweed were one of my favourite 90s bands.

Big stoner band.

I knew we'd find common ground eventually.

I do actually enjoy 95% of the stuff you post.

LOL. Just saw the quote in your av. It was a supreme compliment. My praise has its limitations in that i dont like to fart upwind.

Cosmic Psychos?:thumbsu:
Frente!?:think:
The Mark of Cain?:cool:
Tumbleweed?:p
Beasts of Burden?:thumbsu:
Custard?:moustache:
The Clouds?
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Went to school with Simon Austin from frente. Smart but smarmy bloke. He met angie when they both worked at MT Buller together in ski seasons.
He was a better actor than musician I think. He acted in a couple of abc productions of which the names escape me.
Clever fella but a wee bit enamoured with his own cleverness back in the day.
Frente does have a bit of a smarmy air about their music I reckon. Grew up with them in rotation, so it's probably 50% nostalgia as I dont enjoy them now as much as I did as a kid, but I still enjoy them.

Didn't know he acted.

so Plugger35, as the authority on this era, what is it about The Sharp that people don't like?

I thought they were really popular as a kid. It was only when I grew up a little that I realised they didn't really go that far.

The SC has never had a nice word to say when I've posted them in the past which honestly surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back