Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmon pluggs. Put us out of our misery.
Post your fave gangbang tune.
Your dauntless joie de vivre of 80's and 90's music is to be admired.
And I admire endurance just about above any other human trait.

I get a shiver.

Keep on dancing,

Skivvies will be back.
2021. You can pull em up over your nose and avoid the rona.
And still look cool.
And muso like.
The sharp were sharp.
I'm ahead of the trend then.

Honestly.... Sobering up.

I'm ahead of the trend then.
Still think DEVO covered them all.
Their subtle anti-establishment lyrics were a delight.
De-evolution.
They saw it before all.
Actually criminal in my mind that they still are kinda regarded as a novelty act when in fact there was a distinct philosophy to the lyrics motifs and tunes.
Waaaaay ahead of their time.

Still think DEVO covered them all.
Their subtle anti-establishment lyrics were a delight.
De-evolution.
They saw it before all.
Actually criminal in my mind that they still are kinda regarded as a novelty act when in fact there was a distinct philosophy to the lyrics motifs and tunes.
Waaaaay ahead of their time.
Good point actually. It's funny, even knowing their work and philosophy, whenever I hear the name Devo the first thing I think of is Whip It unfortunately. They go far deeper than that.

I dont think they helped themselves with their aesthetics, but that's a reflection of the reluctance to look deeper than the surface level that the general public has generally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point actually. It's funny, even knowing their work and philosophy, whenever I hear the name Devo the first thing I think of is Whip It unfortunately. They go far deeper than that.

I dont think they helped themselves with their aesthetics, but that's a reflection of the reluctance to look deeper than the surface level that the general public has generally.
They didnt give two fks.
Which is also a quality i admire. If you can back it up with quality.

Custard were good too.

Enjoyed their work.

Custard were GREAT.

And of course, as the dad of a toddler, I’m on a daily basis blessed with the beauty of Dave’s voice.

giphy.gif

Laura Pleasants. Possibly the coolest woman in music at the moment.
images (66).jpeg

Can play the absolute hell out of guitar. She has one of the most amazing auras up on stage. Radiant and supremely skillful.

I remember when I saw them at the Espy, I was milling about the back door when she came out. She asked if she could bum a smoke to which I obliged then we had a good chat about music and art, the whole time I was trying to conceal the fact that she is one of my biggest heroes. After the chat ended she thanked me and gave me a hug. Young GT could have melted away into happiness at that point. As she was about to leave I finally blurted out an extremely nervous "Thank you so much for all the music!". I can't remember her exact response but it was smoooooth.

One of my favourite tracks. Such soul in her riffing.

Kylesa are one of my favourite bands of all time, but I can barely listen to them anymore due to the emotional weight they carry for me now. Too heavy for a casual listen, but boy howdy is it nice to chuck them on every now and again for a release.

God damn what an amazing band. Every member was essential to their sound. Even the two drummers.

Treasure the bands you love. You never know when something might happen that makes it difficult to listen to them.

Great artwork. Ripper disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back