Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Larry, go Larry, go go go Larry
Go Larry, go Larry, go, go, go, go, go

Your theme is Yu-Gi-Oh!

Theme must reference the popular card game/anime. This is effectively a free hit as google a song you like and among the thousands of cards theres bound to be a relevant yugioh card ie. Blue-Eyes White Dragon gives you 4 links of the bat.

Please send through your song and the reference by 9.30pm AEST (7.30 AWST) tomorrow.

NO PREVIOUS NOMS

ITS TIME TO DUEL!

Billy winner gets sent to the Shadow Realm.

Your theme is Yu-Gi-Oh!

Theme must reference the popular card game/anime. This is effectively a free hit as google a song you like and among the thousands of cards theres bound to be a relevant yugioh card ie. Blue-Eyes White Dragon gives you 4 links of the bat.

Please send through your song and the reference by 9.30pm AEST (7.30 AWST) tomorrow.

NO PREVIOUS NOMS

ITS TIME TO DUEL!

Loonerty you know how I said the song dated me?

5- life’s been good (Joe Walsh)
4- Good grief (Spacey Jane)
3- Radar detector (Darwin Deez)
3- Baby, baby (Corona)
1- Where did all the love go? (Kasabian)

B- Your power (Billie Eilish)

Your theme is Yu-Gi-Oh!

NO PREVIOUS NOMS

ITS TIME TO DUEL!

Bless you, little kuriboh.

5Darwin DeezRadar DetectorMarklar_33I reckon this is pretty much the perfect pop song.
4The KinksDavid WattsHoosI'm sure I've heard this before but couldn't really remember it, but it's fantastic!
3Reel Big FishTake On MeThe Filth WizardI tried finding this on spotify recently and what I could find was a re-recording and it loses ALL the vibe. I can only assume it's a rights/royalties issue ...
2Pet Shop BoysGo WestMannumPowerHow are the lyrics to this song so embedded in my brain? It's so tacky, I love it!
1Joe WalshLife's Been GoodSozabarusThis would've been 5 votes if it had been half as long.
BCoronaBaby BabyChipmunkThis is genuinely the first playlist where I didn't hate any of the songs, so this Billy isn't that much of an insult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Aesop Rock - Long Legged Larry
4. Juliane
3. Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs - Stay
2. Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good
1. Corona - Baby Baby

BM. Of Monsters And Men - Yellow Light

Your theme is Yu-Gi-Oh!

NO PREVIOUS NOMS

ITS TIME TO DUEL!

My 'I'm too old for this s**t' senses are tingling.

Post-round update! (607)

• Elton Johns Wig 57th podium also ensured he passed 6000 votes!
  • Sterge was a whisker away from his maiden victory (he hosted from 3rd previously). That was podium no. 5.
  • Pipping him on countback was omgfridge who won his 3rd contest along with his 11th podium.
  • GreyCrow only amassed 7 votes and copped 3 billies which is a rarity for him in his own round. He's usually at the top having podiumed in 3 of the last 4 rounds he's hosted.
  • Loonerty acquired his 23rd billy but still has 3 to go to tie for 2nd and 9 to go tie for 1st.

Probably because this theme is basically a free for all.
It's far from a free for all. The first five songs (new 2021 stuff) I plugged in to that search site that was helpfully put up for us dinosaurs yielded zero results.

I wouldn't know what words would trigger stuff, so I'll keep plugging away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back