Song Contest Part XXII, Host: FreoGirl, Theme: Weather, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m going to enter for the first time my dad has been entering for a few years and I’ve been brought up on classic 90’s techno and dance music, hope it does well .

Ps sounds of silence by disturbed is an absolute banger
I see you love Warewolf too. Interesting

Tell your dad to remember to get his votes in this round!
He’s a lazy campaigner, well that’s what mum says

Shit wrong account

#SongContestNominations
#SongContestPlaylist

Nominations sorted by oldmate Random Number Generator as per. 16 in total this round.

Accepting late noms until the first votes come in.

Votes due around 10pm Vicbias time Friday 3 (Sunday to the uneducated), adjusted by the sportsball results I cop.

Just 16 noms, I guess not many of the oldies here listen to Triple J anymore, I don't either and even I managed to throw in a nom.
I could never be bothered turning the tuning dial all that way back in the day. Radio sat on 104.3 almost exclusively when on FM.

I could never be bothered turning the tuning dial all that way back in the day. Radio sat on 104.3 almost exclusively when on FM.
I listen to AM band these days. They play all the Fossie 32 classics

I used to listen to Triple J all the time in the 90s, the music they played was much better back then and so were the presenters.

Mikey Robbins and Helen Razer doing the breakfast shift and then Mikey, Paul McDermott and The Sandman were all top quality.

Mikey was a Church fan like me and managed to slip in some of their new songs into the playlist, that would never happen now.

He played the lead single off their Hologram of Baal album from 1998, that single and album should have been bigger than it was,

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have WA gotten FM radio over that way yet?

We didn't get Triple J until 1989 which was several years after all the other big cities in Australia got it.

That was back when the first Hottest 100 started when you could vote for songs from any year rather than the previous year.

This song from Joy Division won it which was released back in 1980.

Triple J should bring that style back considering how shithouse the recent Hottest 100s have been.

We didn't get Triple J until 1989 which was several years after all the other big cities in Australia got it.

That was back when the first Hottest 100 started when you could vote for songs from any year rather than the previous year.

This song from Joy Division won it which was released back in 1980.

Triple J should bring that style back considering how shithouse the recent Hottest 100s have been.

Oh wow, didn't know that mate. Cheers for the info. I like how the first few could be from any year actually.

Oh wow, didn't know that mate. Cheers for the info. I like how the first few could be from any year actually.

I wasn't aware of it at the time either, I only started listening to Triple J when the Hottest 100s were like they are now.

The 1993 and 1994 were my favourite Hottest 100s, I bought them both on CD and played the hell out of them, all killer no filler.

They had the good sense to cut the two Offspring songs from the 1994 Hottest 100 CD, I hated that band then and still do now.

I wasn't aware of it at the time either, I only started listening to Triple J when the Hottest 100s were like they are now.

The 1993 and 1994 were my favourite Hottest 100s, I bought them both on CD and played the hell out of them, all killer no filler.

They had the good sense to cut the two Offspring songs from the 1994 Hottest 100 CD, I hated that band then and still do now.

Still have their Smash, Ixnay on the hombre and Americana albums floating around somewhere :) Will be sure not to nom them in your presence.

Cracking lists at first glance - would've made for awesome CDs.

The two Offspring songs in that 1994 Hottest 100 were two of their better songs but they were commercial FM radio lightweights.

Triple M here still play their songs more than they play better 90s rock bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots.

They also play Weezer's cover version of Africa rather than the original Toto song, the Member Berries member Toto not Weezer.

You can't beat the original Toto version of Africa or the video, it should be left alone from covers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back