Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Riviat, Theme: Nerds, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5) Dead Letter Circus
4) Pink Floyd
3) Phoenix
2) Idles
1) Black Marble - Joy Division/New Order vibes

B) P. Lion - sometimes too much 80's isn't a good thing

#SongContestResults

In 13th Place is "Frisk" by Black Marble with 10 votes (111124), nominated by Plugger35

In 12th Place and BILLY WINNER is "Magic" by Vince Staples with 11 votes & 4 Billies (BBB5114B), nominated by omgfridge

I combined magic with fridge and found this old gem FootyGuy13 drew back in the day....

View attachment 1994463

In 11th Place is "Sunny" by Tentendo & Jordan Dennis with 11 votes (254), nominated by Stokey
I would be upset about this from people who don't deserve hearing but my team has Harley Reid and I'm going to have to call a doctor if my erection doesn't go away soon.

I would be upset about this from people who don't deserve hearing but my team has Harley Reid and I'm going to have to call a doctor if my erection doesn't go away soon.
This why I couldn't even give you a Petracca av because well... that was an excellent game of football.

I don't like to give votes for massive hit songs from the past. It's not that I didn't love Prince and don't think Money is an amazing song...I tend to go for songs I haven't heard much, if at all. Or songs I loved in the past that still weren't huge hits. I try to nom that way too.
But I like how everyone has their own way of doing things in SC. 😄

You took the wrong pills!!

I'll do it, but I have no idea on a theme.

Literature or authors
I don't like to give votes for massive hit songs from the past. It's not that I didn't love Prince and don't think Money is an amazing song...I tend to go for songs I haven't heard much, if at all. Or songs I loved in the past that still weren't huge hits. I try to nom that way too.
But I like how everyone has their own way of doing things in SC. 😄
I feel the same but Heart was on my playlist
spudmaster some of those 90s songs don't do well here. At least the popular ones from Triple M

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Lines - Dead Letter Circus
4. Massive Attack - Angel
3. Little Willie John - Fever
2. RVG - Squid
1. Phoenix - Lasso

BM: Anna Golden - Peace (sorry, but no)

There were some really good noms. As Purple7x08_24 said, a great range, that's what the SC should be about. I learnt something and heard things I wouldn't have ordinarily.

I also learnt 3 flogs don't like Floyd FFS.

5. Lines - Dead Letter Circus
4. Massive Attack - Angel
3. Little Willie John - Fever
2. RVG - Squid
1. Phoenix - Lasso

BM: Anna Golden - Peace (sorry, but no)

There were some really good noms. As Purple7x08_24 said, a great range, that's what the SC should be about. I learnt something and heard things I wouldn't have ordinarily.

I also learnt 3 flogs don't like Floyd FFS.
Unfortunately people will billy the big hits for certain reasons.

My original name was roo2macca, so I'll hark back to that.

Songs beginning with the letter "R".
Noms due 9pm AEST tomorrow
No previous podiums
No artist double-ups
No songs nommed since round 461 (this is round 922 so I'll make the cutoff at the halfway round)
1716123367320.png

I'm currently in Melbourne for the first gabs that got canned :(. Everything was non refundable so we came to Melbourne anyway
Oh yeah. Plenty of Pint of Origin action around the place if you’re that way inclined

Always been my skip track on DSOTM. I know it has a different time signature but I think it upsets the flow of the mood of the album
Ahh, another person who can't handle a rhythm change. 7/4 or 7/8 is just uncommon, but also the fact that it changes to 4/4 in the middle of the song is odd. However, it makes it one of the coolest damn sounding pieces out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back