Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day what do we expect Sonja to say? Her email was predictable. She has a tough gig being el presidente at this stage of the clubs rebuild.
She does have a tough gig, no question. But would have been nice to hear something along the lines "we understand the supporter angst, and the current situation on the field is unacceptable. Rebuild is a complicated time-consuming process, but the effort is not negotiable at this football club and we are doing everything we can to make sure that we get back to that. Please be assured that your board will take all necessary measures to rectify the situation.

come on mate, I'm not just any dude.

Tell me, how long has it taken Hawks to learn their new game plan? Are they just quicker learners than our boys? What about Collingwood?

Now go and look at he quality of senior players in either of those outfits.

They are basically incomparable to the field of triers we have.

The one bloke we do have that has ever been in league standings we hid in a pocket for half of a bunch of games till he cracked teh shits about having to share.

the only other senior bloke who even has any claim on a league standing is recovering from cancer and Chemo treatment.

Their senior cores are the difference between the sides that you list. I have done the comparison on this, look through my posting history to find it because i cannot be f***ed doing that.

If we had a Drew Petrie, a Boomer Harvey and a Scott Thompson running around for us now the difference in our side would be stark.

Now go and look at he quality of senior players in either of those outfits.

They are basically incomparable to the field of triers we have.

The one bloke we do have that has ever been in league standings we hid in a pocket for half of a bunch of games till he cracked teh shits about having to share.

the only other senior bloke who even has any claim on a league standing is recovering from cancer and Chemo treatment.

Their senior cores are the difference between the sides that you list. I have done the comparison on this, look through my posting history to find it because i cannot be f***ed doing that.

If we had a Drew Petrie, a Boomer Harvey and a Scott Thompson running around for us now the difference in our side would be stark.
yeah, na. I'm not searching.

All you are doing is showing that it is the maturity of the players that is the issue, not the amount of time it takes to learn a game plan. Which if you look through my posting history is my point. So, yeah, people should listen to a dude on BF ahead of some dickwadd from Melbourne.

yeah, na. I'm not searching.

All you are doing is showing that it is the maturity of the players that is the issue, not the amount of time it takes to learn a game plan. Which if you look through my posting history is my point. So, yeah, people should listen to a dude on BF ahead of some dickwadd from Melbourne.
It is an absolute fallacy to point to either Collingwood or Hawthorn and say we should be like them.

The Brad team of 2018 shoulda been like them, and kinda was, I mean to the same point in the year we had as many wins as Collingwood before ultimately finishing 9th.
We have undergone a root and branch rebuild, because 9th is midtable no where and 8th actually disadvantaged us every time we didn't win the flag which was every time. We are exposed for lack of senior talent and lack of depth.

Also as yet there is virtually nothing to suggest that either Collingwood or Hawthorn are going to be able to pull a Geelong where they can keep on Bringing in player to keep themselves up the top, which has ultimately not been successful either. Also if you want to go further than that, the senior players that Collingwood and Hawthorn do have are products of successful sides built through dips like we are doing now. Dips which may very well be on their horizon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was regarding the AFLW list.

It’s a lot more interesting if I leave off the first two words,

women’s program – there’s a lot I can’t say as the AFL is still finalising the details for the upcoming season, which we expect to start at the end of August. It’s safe to say, however, that we’ll have some exciting news on the list management front in the coming days and weeks.

The one tweet I saw from her was the equivalent of the mindless lunch lady who cuts the ‘oranges’ and endlessly yells “c’mon boys” from the sidelines.

Don’t want to see any tweets from her. That would be idiotic. Club needs to take action not tweet.
Just when you couldn't convince me that you could be more moronic you post this s**t.

You've confirmed that you're absolutely moronic x

Might be a bit of deep diving going on this week for Sonja and the board.
Maybe.

There are clearly issues even if the exits are a product of jumping before being axed. It is kinda hard being on the outside and not being able to see the full context. We can only surmise from these cheap seats. While 3 leaving in one day doesn't look good, is it two known and one cracked the sads? Was it practically a total blindside? Was Nobel a factor in any of this? was Brady? was Ben? how much of it was controlled vs how much of it is a fire that needs putting out.
THe board may need to deep dive if they are unaware of the current machinations. If they had some vision of it, although it may not have gone how it was planned the need for a deep dive is lessened.

The questions that I would be asking would be along the lines of:
  • What control do we have in place around media presentation of internal changes.
  • If we are making changes or changes are being made upon us?
  • how to we get better at getting on the same page in the media?

This is now the second instance in a few weeks of a media pile on, Unrelated stories breaking at the same to time paint a picture of total incompetence this is going to continue so long as:
  • we are cack on field
  • there continues to be internal moves (be it individual or club driven) where we do not have hold of the narrative.
  • players are putting talks on hold

the antidote for the above is
  • be better onfield (which I really want to believe we are building too)
  • Sign up the 2 key players who have parked talks. Brady and Clayton should be doing 2 things currently. the first ensuring our MSD plan is absolutely crystal, and talking to Zurhaar and JHF's managers. We need both of those players, sign them, just get it done, given them a signing bonus in their first contract year if required. I mean the one thing we absolutely should have is salary cap room.

The difficult one to cure will be the holding of the narrative. We have done a lot in a really short time frame, now anyone who works at the club and things are not going their way would likely find a welcoming ear in the media. Which is problematic as things that otherwise wouldn't even get a mention are, and are being used as fodder. Is there anyone here who hand on heart believes that this guy: Ben Birthisel leaving to pursue a career elsewhere would have been part of any story anywhere on it's own? even if he was pushed? But you bundle that up with 2 others, one with media connections from the same department leaving and there is a story, while we are at it the kid everyone rates had a conversation so that becomes news too.

There is a lot to be sorted out at the club the worrying thing is who knows how far from the end we actually are.

Moronic would be supporting one of the worst coaches in AFL history.
Mate again im not convinced he is, this list is Fitzroy level bad, perhaps the cause has now been lanced. Good or not it’s genuinely too soon to call on nobes.

Again im not supporting him as such but at the same time this worst coach ever s**t is off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back