Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely not! Those new medical terms they use are a bit weird hey “sUdDeN aDuLt DeAtH sYnDrOmE.” Really strange stuff. Anyhow, looking forward to the mandates ending so I can get back to work in this state.
SADS is a thing that's been studied since last century. (Our contribution came in 1998.)

I actually didn't mean to sound like I was attacking Mav personally there, but on re-reading it was a bit condescending.
I mean, he's wrong, but I didn't mean it to come across like that.
Didn’t take it that way…cause I know I’m right!

I have never twittered. Not sure why anyone would to be honest, seems like a platform for generating idiotic debate with simpletons. (Does that sound condescending enough?) (And yes, I get the irony of posting on bigfooty.) But the telegrams I receive from the club all reference North Melbourne and the shinboner spirit. My daughter on the other hand once decided to support the Swans because she loved the movie Barbie Swan Lake.

I have never twittered. Not sure why anyone would to be honest, seems like a platform for generating idiotic debate with simpletons. (Does that sound condescending enough?) (And yes, I get the irony of posting on bigfooty.) But the telegrams I receive from the club all reference North Melbourne and the shinboner spirit. My daughter on the other hand once decided to support the Swans because she loved the movie Barbie Swan Lake.

Well said.

Ignoring Twitter, football media in totality - and this place when we cop a heavy loss, has done wonders for my mental health. Just seems a waste of energy.

IIRC way back in the 80's when I was a kid - all the kids stuff was branded Kangaroos anyway.

Yes, we're not playing to a required level at the moment and our football department isn't immune to scrutiny - but from a football perspective - a majority of our woes stem from abhorrent list management that we're paying the price for as we've copped critical injuries to start the year twice in a row.

Regardless of how that looks externally, it's a step in the right direction that those staff aren't at the club.

From an admin point of view (short of playing all games in Melbourne) we're the North Melbourne Football Club with membership healthier than its ever been.

Yeah the media could be handled better, but I would rather the club focus on improving where we are than having daily spats with media flogs who dont deserve a second thought.

This appetite for a circuit breaker isn't going magically fix our problems.

Going to be a long hard slog to get out of where we are, but we'll get there.

Perspective is a hell of a thing.

Last edited:
At the risk of coming off as an insane conspiracy theorist, it's almost too convenient that some nobody puts out some gibberish on his website and then our club responds with such a strong and engaging statement.

The whole situation seems staged and raises the question of why the President is responding to poorly written articles on websites that nobody has heard of, yet is quiet when major issues are discussed on a national stage.

People have raised the good point that the President should not be responding every time the club is discussed in the media, but then why are we seeing a club statement in response to an article on zerohanger.com?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of coming off as an insane conspiracy theorist, it's almost too convenient that some nobody puts out some gibberish on his website and then our club responds with such a strong and engaging statement.

The whole situation seems staged and raises the question of why the President is responding to poorly written articles on websites that nobody has heard of, yet is quiet when major issues are discussed on a national stage.

People have raised the good point that the President should not be responding every time the club is discussed in the media, but then why are we seeing a club statement in response to an article on zerohanger.com?
The article has been picked up and quoted in the Age by Greg Baum, questioning North's positioning in the market and scolding us. This is probably why there is an official response.

Ok we have had a couple emails from our chair women ok.
Will interesting to see what she’s got to say on Footy Classified on Monday night as she will no choice to be on it especially if we get thrashed by GWS and as expected we get a crowd between 3k and 8k which could put this club into a position of no return and could finish this club .
Her time is now to front the media not Rawlings or Amarfio if she loves this club it’s time to show it no more Hidding.
Trust me the AFL will be watching this game very closely and could practically take over the license of the club from next week if seem fit and they will do 1 of 2 things .
1:Re build the club in all areas or
2:Finish the club at the end of the year.
As you don’t have to be blind Fred to see things are not right on and off the field .
This time it’s the real deal and so called pig headed dumb fair whether supporters of this club can’t see or don’t see what’s going then YOU yes YOU we go down with incompetent administrators and board of the NMFC as the ones responsible for the death of the NMFC.
We need the supporters to turn up to the games no junior football a 3:20pm game so if you love this club you will turn no matter what the conditions are.

What the actual *?

This is even more deranged than your normal excuse for discourse.

Of course she has a choice as to whether she goes on Footy Classified or makes any other media appearance.

If I was providing comms advice (something I did professionally in another life) the last place I'd advise her to appear is that cesspit where you have two people who consistently drive an anti North Melbourne agenda.

When I wrote to members after Round 8, I expressed frustration with our football performance to that point. That frustration, shared across our club, has grown as the season has progressed.

By Round 15, with no discernible improvement, patience among our supporters and members is, understandably, wearing thin.

We always knew this year would be hard, but the extent of our losses is deeply concerning.

This morning I met with Geoff Walsh, who joins us in an advisory role and will be embedded in the football department over the next month. There has been a huge amount of change in the football department over the past few years, both personnel and structure.

Geoff has been tasked with helping us to understand where that change is working, and where it is not.

He’ll bring 30 years of industry experience and will provide objectivity and deeper analysis of our operations while those in the football department go about completing their day-to-day roles.

We don’t intend to comment further on Geoff’s work while it is underway. We will, however, provide a summary of his findings to members once his time with us is complete.

In the meantime, we ask for your patience with the process, and support for our staff and players who are working as hard as they can to turn this around.

The support and understanding from our members and supporters has been nothing short of outstanding. To those who have contacted the club, one of our players, or me personally, or anyone who has spoken up for us on social media or to your friends or turned up to games or bought a membership – thank-you.

The strength of this club is in its people – in all of us. And we will sort this out. As we always do. Together.

Finally, on Wednesday we look forward to welcoming five new players to the North Melbourne family at the NAB AFLW Draft. We wish everyone in our women’s program our best in what is an incredibly important date on the footy calendar.

Go Roos!

doubt Dr. Hood could have made a better start to her tenure than she has. A super tough time, but I feel like she's really captured and understood the emotions of the fans - which in itself is not surprising given she's one of the most ardent Shinboners there is. I've also loved the way she's clapped back at the media very publicly when it's called for too.

It's a ******* tough time at the club atm and I doubt anyone else could have made as good a start as she has.

Reads like

We thought we were crap after Round 8, now we know it. We aren't happy about it, but we're doing stuff that we aren't going to tell you about because we don't know what that stuff is yet. Thanks to those who haven't totally lost their s**t. At least our women's team is kind of OK.

All credit to her - not much else she could say.

No specific mention of the coach........am I reading too much?

Of course she isn’t going to cite specifics when a review is underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back