South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment I am not sure it is so much laziness as much as not being in the right head space. Apparently, being cut by Freo impacted his mental health in a big way and as I understand it, he is still not fully over it.
But he gave nothing at Fremantle either. Again, he can only blame himself or his health for his failure.
I believe both local clubs have given him a Good run.

Last edited:
I am guessing we will see where Souths are at next week at freo oval against Perth.
Only a few weeks ago Perth pantsed us at Lathalain.Since then we have had a scare against the dirty mob from the other side of Fremantle.Been beaten by East Perth.
It would seem that some desire may have left some of the boys.
Can they find something and down Perth at home?

Good to see the Bulldogs back in the winners circle on Saturday,accounting for Perth Demons, after they took us tot he cleaners a few weeks back.
Hopefully more wins in the next few weeks and get into some good form before the finals.
Looking forward to belting the Yellas this weekend.
Go Doggies.

My cousin just signed with your boys. Not doxxing myself because we don't share a surname. You've got a great kid and cracking player coming in in Lachie Taylor.
Nice one! What position does he play?

there he goes :D

Anyone see how Dardy went? Kicked two apparently.

FQccDErVcAE6cXA

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F288369279%2F196118972781%2F1%2Foriginal.20211226-124930

South Freo - The Golden Years (1978-1984)

Went to the event at Backlot Cinema on Sunday, was surprised it was only half full. Given how bloody good that era was I was shocked people weren't pouring down the street.

Had a great interview with Browny, he'd heard about the event and was going to be over here and apparently ended up giving them about an hour and a half of interview, but they only ended up sharing about 15 mins cut down.

Awesome to see some of the old footage, was basically a bit of a backlog of salvaged and donated VHS and Beta taped stuff from back in the day, was a pretty rough edit job and a lot of the clips were pretty short and uneventful, but there were still some amazing highlights in there. A couple of Benny Vigona absolute screamers were the highlight, as well as TI putting some kid from either East Perth or Claremont into the next week that was absolutely brutal in it's fairness and it's savagery.

Noel Carter was there as a guest of honour, and was pretty generous with his time before, during and after. Had a bit of a Q&A session where he was pretty honest about his opinions of the AFL, Tasmania and the expansion sides in particular.

Not quite what I'd expected, but for me getting to see the footy of my family's club during my old man's era for a couple hours on a Sunday was a treat.

Tonga Bob gaskin ImperialPurple

Last edited:
I knew nothing about it. I would have thought there would be some communication from the club about it being on.
Yeah absolutely. Certainly wasn't anyone from the club there. Like I was genuinely baffled at how much of a non event it was.

Honestly couldn't even tell you how I came across it, not sure if it was me or the old man that saw it.

I knew it was on. I saw it on Facebook cos I follow the Backlot, and I meant to share it to let all the smartest supporters in the WAFL know. But I forgot (sorry gaskin and Tonga Bob 😖), then couldn’t make it myself in the end ☹️. Wish I could have, I’m sure it would have been well worth it, as you say TheInjuryFactory. Thanks for sharing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for butting in but when EP had a Brownie day with the 72 players and SF GF side it was packed, EP had Chaddy, Cowboy and other with South being represented by Stephen Michael, Carter, I cannot recall who else.

The point was that it was advertise at both clubs and the tickets went so fast only the quick and those in favour got tickets. Sad that it was not promoted properly

Sorry for butting in but when EP had a Brownie day with the 72 players and SF GF side it was packed, EP had Chaddy, Cowboy and other with South being represented by Stephen Michael, Carter, I cannot recall who else.

The point was that it was advertise at both clubs and the tickets went so fast only the quick and those in favour got tickets. Sad that it was not promoted properly
Totally agree.

I'm not a rabid WAFL follower but I'm a passionate 3rd generation Souths supporter, I could be ill informed but the WAFL clubs can really be victims of their own mindset from the outside looking in.

I can't imagine what would have gone through their minds to not play a part in at least the promotion of it, if not an active role.

Unfortunately TIF most of those who work both in the WAFC and the WAFL clubs themselves were either not even born pre 1987 when the WAFL was king in this state or are originally from Interstate and dont know or care!

As one who goes back and watches a lot of our old WAFL footy pre 1987 on video or online where it is scarcely available it is of a far higher standard then anything you would see today, faster, tougher and just as skilled with none of the flooding, pressing and all the other junk coaches have introduced in the last 20 odd years!

Souths have said they are going to have a week of signings announcing one a day, first 2 look pretty good so far

Yeah so far so good 👍

Surprised Parker couldn't make a fist of it in the AFL, but think he might get to fulfil that contract with us this time.

Yeah so far so good 👍

Surprised Parker couldn't make a fist of it in the AFL, but think he might get to fulfil that contract with us this time.

27 next year, doubt he wants to be moving around again. I think he's got a young family as well?

Parker was playing absolute shithouse before he got re-drafted. I am glad he is back but I never thought he was as good as other people think. Gallucci is a weird one that came out of nowhere. Should be a great pickup.

I hope we bring in someone that can replace Schloithe. He and Shaw both retiring are going to hit us bloody hard.

Would of thought Gallucci was the Schloithe replacement....plays mid, similar height, only 24 and played a few more AFL games then Schloithe did....good replacement for SF

Would of thought Gallucci was the Schloithe replacement....plays mid, similar height, only 24 and played a few more AFL games then Schloithe did....good replacement for SF

He may have been recruited with that in mind but we don't know if he can replace the output.

He may have been recruited with that in mind but we don't know if he can replace the output.
TBH Schloithe is irreplaceable, bled red n white, but I guess Gallucci has time on his side to replicate Schloithe's output to some degree. If Christian Wilson doesn't get drafted, SF have a gem right there for 2023.

Great to see John Gerovich elevated to Legend in the WA Football HoF, and Jeff Farmer also inducted!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back