Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Huntsman and white tails freak me a bit, but I still try to capture them alive and let them go outside.

It usually happens where I walk into a room and in the corner of my eye see a dark spot on the wall and I know even before I have a proper look at them. I think it's the speed of them that gets me, because when I used to work outdoors I had no problem picking up and letting tree spiders crawl on my arm, and they were identical in size to huntsmans, but they were slow, like tarantulas.

Oh and yep it's always good to have a few daddy long legs guarding the corners of your room.

Earlier this week, a smallish spider raced across my bed. I hit it with something and it fell off the bed. I thought I'd killed it. Today, a spider 3 x it's size emerged from under my bed. Either these things grow fast, or I have a spider problem. heck.

Huntsman and white tails freak me a bit, but I still try to capture them alive and let them go outside.

It usually happens where I walk into a room and in the corner of my eye see a dark spot on the wall and I know even before I have a proper look at them. I think it's the speed of them that gets me, because when I used to work outdoors I had no problem picking up and letting tree spiders crawl on my arm, and they were identical in size to huntsmans, but they were slow, like tarantulas.

Oh and yep it's always good to have a few daddy long legs guarding the corners of your room.

We've always got daddy long legs somewhere in the house. Usually find them in the wet rooms being bathrooms & toilets.

Also anything that isn't really dangerous my dog usually kills. He did kill (or eat) a huntsman a few years ago and didn't get crook or anything.

Was changing my bed the other day and a daddy long legs crawled on to the bed. Was shitting myself. Now i've read this thread, i think i will leave him alone just in case something worse comes along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

daddy long legs sleep above my bed, I have no problems with them but if I see a huntsman no sleep shall be commenced until it has been caught and slaughtered.

One time in the middle of the night, randomly woke up at about 3am. Could just sense something. Switch on the light, and there is the biggest motha ****ing huntsman on my ceiling. Took over half an hour for the bugger to die from the bug spray. Oh and it almost fell onto my pillow. :eek:

Was changing my bed the other day and a daddy long legs crawled on to the bed. Was shitting myself. Now i've read this thread, i think i will leave him alone just in case something worse comes along.

Daddy long legs crawled onto my bare leg when I was a kid. Was probably there for a minute or two before I realised.

Yes, did s**t myself.

Walked through a red back web taking the bin out the other night. Went back to investigate, red back is the size of a 50 cent piece. The bin has been moved to live somewhere else, the spider clearly has the right of way

When I was a kid, 5 maybe, I had a huntsman wrap itself around my arm. I was terrified. I also had a white tail bite me a few years ago, I didn't realise at first because I was cleaning but the thing bit me and chased me down the passageway wanting to have another go. Lucky I don't have any adverse effects from their bites.

Also if you spray a daddy long legs with fly spray, all their legs fall off.

When I was a kid, 5 maybe, I had a huntsman wrap itself around my arm. I was terrified. I also had a white tail bite me a few years ago, I didn't realise at first because I was cleaning but the thing bit me and chased me down the passageway wanting to have another go. Lucky I don't have any adverse effects from their bites.

Also if you spray a daddy long legs with fly spray, all their legs fall off.

Lol, you're kidding?! I think every daddy long legs I've ever encountered I've killed with a shoe, or the one on my leg I guess with my bare hands.

And that huntsman story is ****ed. My ex told me he woke up once (in his own home, alone), with a huntsman on his bare chest.

I never, ever slept over at his house.

Lol, you're kidding?! I think every daddy long legs I've ever encountered I've killed with a shoe, or the one on my leg I guess with my bare hands.

And that huntsman story is ****ed. My ex told me he woke up once (in his own home, alone), with a huntsman on his bare chest.

I never, ever slept over at his house.
No joke. I sprayed one once and it was so pitiful. It was trying to hang on to its webby thing while it's legs where falling off. I felt so sorry for it I've never killed one ever since.

I don't blame you for never sleeping there. Thats almost a horror movie.

No joke. I sprayed one once and it was so pitiful. It was trying to hang on to its webby thing while it's legs where falling off. I felt so sorry for it I've never killed one ever since.

I don't blame you for never slerping there. Thats almost a horror movie.

Because he "disturbed" it by waking up, it was also doing that rearing up thing, about to bite him n s**t. :eek:

Walked through a red back web taking the bin out the other night. Went back to investigate, red back is the size of a 50 cent piece. The bin has been moved to live somewhere else, the spider clearly has the right of way

Got bit by a red back when i was younger, it was awful, i advise staying as far the f**k away from them as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back