Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to clean up the chaos & corruption from 9 years of incompetent nepotism.
Even Coalition voters have had enough of it.

Yup. I posted that link yesterday. There seems to be a collective denial among the Coalition and the MSM (even the non-barrackers) about how much on the nose the Tories were for their crookedness and corruption. If Albanese, whatever his faults, can run an essentially clean, decent government, make some meaningful and tangible improvements to basic accountability, and close off some of the more obvious, egregious rorts, I reckon he’ll piss it in for three terms.

Next stop is to cancel Hurley.

I’m sure there’s more of these, as David Shoebridge says.

“There were so many of these backroom deals with mates under the Coalition it shows how much work we need to do to change the culture of this place,” Shoebridge said.

I’m sure there’s more of these, as David Shoebridge says.

“There were so many of these backroom deals with mates under the Coalition it shows how much work we need to do to change the culture of this place,” Shoebridge said.
$1 trillion does not spend itself

$1 trillion does not spend itself
Imagine they’d said, “* it, let’s put it into research and development of clean renewable energy and see what happens…”.
I bargain that many of our energy problems would be close to being solved.
But nah, “* it, let’s just give it away to all the old dinosaurs that won’t be around in the next 20/30 years”.
Dirty ******* campaigners!

Imagine they’d said, “* it, let’s put it into research and development of clean renewable energy and see what happens…”.
But nah, “* it, let’s just give it away to all the old dinosaurs that won’t be around in the next 20/30 years”.
Supporting and subsidising mature industry/business is Australia’s specialty.

Meanwhile every scientist in the country has to reapply for funding every other year.

🤷‍♂️

But they would 'cross their heart, hope to die' that without this leadership training provided to white privileged politically connected, private schoolboys that the programme would fail.

Disclaimer; my children are white, male, privately schooled educated , whose uncles and aunties have been elected representatives, but don't align as being a successful applicant.

God I wish just some of the MSM would inform the generally disengaged of just how corrupt Morrison is & the total disregard he held towards responsible, non-partisan government.

Surely at some point even the rusted on can develop a sense of responsibility towards the principles of democracy to abandon the culture wars & call it for what it is?

God I wish just some of the MSM would inform the generally disengaged of just how corrupt Morrison is & the total disregard he held towards responsible, non-partisan government.

Surely at some point even the rusted on can develop a sense of responsibility towards the principles of democracy to abandon the culture wars & call it for what it is?
Nup. They're thick as thieves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scummo gets most of the bad rap (deservedly) but the rot started a long time before him.

Since federation, by convention, a Minister is responsible for any failings in their department. The department fails, the Minister resigns.
In 1998 Howard changed the Ministerial code of conduct to absolve Ministers of most of the blame.
Ever since then, the LNP have trashed any convention that stands in their way, because they know they will get away with it.
There is no such thing as "responsible govt" anymore.
Responsible govt is supposed to be the cornerstone of the Westminster system.

The bogans in the suburbs will never know what Morrison got up to because the media will never tell them and they don't want to hear it anyway (think Trumpism in the USA - no amount of objective or reasoned argument is going to convince the MAGA unwashed).

But the Liberals can have those idiots.

The Liberal's real problem is traditional conservatives. This is the Liberals true base and Morrison and others have both betrayed and abandoned them. Morrison worries real conservatives even as he pleases business - Pearls and Irritations

The Liberals cannot win without their traditional base. When the most senior Liberal in Victoria holds a suburban fringe seat 30km from the city and the federal leader holds a suburban fringe seat in Brisbane 25km from the city the Liberal party has entirely lost their identify. And when they are throwing money around like Morrison was they have entirely lost their identity.

Morrison squeezed every single last drop of good will out of the Howard legacy that remained. There is nothing good left.

No intelligent person in Australia needs the Murdoch press to tell them that, including traditional conservatives.

It is over.

Next stop is to cancel Hurley.

Maybe a good opportunity coming up for Hurley shortly after he gets back from his VIP UK duties, for him to spend more time with his family, or a career change, what with the sad occasion related to the passing of his boss today.

Maybe a good opportunity coming up for Hurley shortly after he gets back from his VIP UK duties, for him to spend more time with his family, or a career change, what with the sad occasion related to the passing of his boss today.
Agree 100%. He needs to walk the plank. Good time would be when he gets back from an all expenses paid first class trip to the old dart.

Yes, imagine all the leadership he could have shown as Australia is plunged into the black night of mourning for our beloved queen.
Not to mention another trip to England and visits to his ancestors homes. Take the golf clubs and fit in a round at St Andrews too.

Opportunity missed!

No escaping the wall to wall coverage of the Queen. You'd think we were back in the 1950s.

(Actually no, we'd be out draping black ribbons and crepe paper at the front of our houses and talking in hushed tones.)

In any case, thank glub that scomo isn't still in charge. Imagine the s**t that would get railroaded through parliament or deeply disturbing reports that would be "announced" during an effective news blackout.

Yeah I heard Scummo finally go on air with Virgina Trioli on ABC in Melb this morning after being asked and knocking back invitations every week for 4 years. Scummo said Jenny and the Queen got along like a house on fire. Heart warming stuff. :sick:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back