Stalker

1.6 million Australian women and 663,000 men have experienced stalking in their lifetime. Those figures are only as has been reported because the bottom line is, most women and men have no idea they're actually being stalked. Until the stalker decides to let them know.

Not including social media stalking which is another kind of sinister.

I realise men are also targets but as a woman I can say that most of my female friends have had some sort of stalking experience. It isn't flattering, it's creepy and it can be dangerous. And you're in all likelihood not the only one they're stalking.

What starts out as maybe finding a flower under the windscreen wiper of your car in the mornings can ramp up to breaking into your house, lying on your bed when you're not at home and rifling through drawers. And you may have no idea they've even been in there. The bed is wrinkled but you made it that morning, must be one of the kids jumped on it. That window you thought was closed is open a bit, blame yourself for being careless. Come home and your front door is open, think to yourself you must not have locked it properly when you left the house. The cat's bug-eyed and it's fur is standing on end, something's wrong with it. Neurotic cat. The house smells different. You've lost somehow, a couple of pairs of knickers.

One of your bras is near the front door. Okay, maybe something is going on but let's not make a big deal out of it maybe the clip got snagged on the back of jeans or something then fell off. While just up the road, two weeks later a young girls underwear is found scattered up a path and the crutch has been cut out of every pair.

This pod is an interview with Narelle Ford ex-detective from sex crimes and the story of a report she stumbled over from a young womans parents who had called about their daughter's bra being found near her front door. The uniformed police had already attended and took the report but didn't take it any further, in particular, they weren't asking the right questions. So Ford went back.

What she found was going on in that neighbourhood by asking the right questions and who was eventually arrested for it was absolutely shocking. You never know what ugly secrets people are keeping. Really interesting pod.

https://player.fm/series/series-1488595/stalker-with-narelle-fraser

Have you ever had a stalker and how did you find out?

Pretty interesting podcast actually.

Not sure how long ago the case was but I'd be willing to wager that the bloke is still ****** in the head.

My son had a stalker, she was about 15yo he was 16yo. No idea until I was woken up by some man yelling at my son at the door wanting to know what his daughter was doing coming around and staying at our house, she was only 15yo! I'd never seen her before. She was standing next to him looking a mess, it took about ten minutes to work out what she'd been up to. She'd been spying through the windows, creeping around in the bushes and sleeping on the front porch. She'd picked all the leaves off my pot plants.

She'd got home early hours one morning after a stalking escapade and told her father where she'd been, she just omitted to say that she hadn't come in. When she wasn't in her bed that morning, he'd come straight here and found her out the front of my house. It was totally nuts. I had to tell him to eff off.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
1.6 million Australian women and 663,000 men have experienced stalking in their lifetime. Those figures are only as has been reported because the bottom line is, most women and men have no idea they're actually being stalked. Until the stalker decides to let them know.

Not including social media stalking which is another kind of sinister.

I realise men are also targets but as a woman I can say that most of my female friends have had some sort of stalking experience. It isn't flattering, it's creepy and it can be dangerous. And you're in all likelihood not the only one they're stalking.

What starts out as maybe finding a flower under the windscreen wiper of your car in the mornings can ramp up to breaking into your house, lying on your bed when you're not at home and rifling through drawers. And you may have no idea they've even been in there. The bed is wrinkled but you made it that morning, must be one of the kids jumped on it. That window you thought was closed is open a bit, blame yourself for being careless. Come home and your front door is open, think to yourself you must not have locked it properly when you left the house. The cat's bug-eyed and it's fur is standing on end, something's wrong with it. Neurotic cat. The house smells different. You've lost somehow, a couple of pairs of knickers.

One of your bras is near the front door. Okay, maybe something is going on but let's not make a big deal out of it maybe the clip got snagged on the back of jeans or something then fell off. While just up the road, two weeks later a young girls underwear is found scattered up a path and the crutch has been cut out of every pair.

This pod is an interview with Narelle Ford ex-detective from sex crimes and the story of a report she stumbled over from a young womans parents who had called about their daughter's bra being found near her front door. The uniformed police had already attended and took the report but didn't take it any further, in particular, they weren't asking the right questions. So Ford went back.

What she found was going on in that neighbourhood by asking the right questions and who was eventually arrested for it was absolutely shocking. You never know what ugly secrets people are keeping. Really interesting pod.

https://player.fm/series/series-1488595/stalker-with-narelle-fraser

Have you ever had a stalker and how did you find out?
Reminds me of an article I once read in the APJ. I think is about a copper in Sydney who's dogged determination to investigate a series of strange events around a laneway from a train station, eventually led to an arrest of a stalker who turned into a progressed to violent attacks. Some years back. Don't remember the details and it's no longer of the APJL.com.au website.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
My son had a stalker, she was about 15yo he was 16yo. No idea until I was woken up by some man yelling at my son at the door wanting to know what his daughter was doing coming around and staying at our house, she was only 15yo! I'd never seen her before. She was standing next to him looking a mess, it took about ten minutes to work out what she'd been up to. She'd been spying through the windows, creeping around in the bushes and sleeping on the front porch. She'd picked all the leaves off my pot plants.

She'd got home early hours one morning after a stalking escapade and told her father where she'd been, she just omitted to say that she hadn't come in. When she wasn't in her bed that morning, he'd come straight here and found her out the front of my house. It was totally nuts. I had to tell him to eff off.

WTF. You have to wonder what, if anything, goes through peoples heads. Especially when they're in the middle of sleeping on your porch, surely a dose of reality kicks in and tells them to act like a normal person.

WTF. You have to wonder what, if anything, goes through peoples heads. Especially when they're in the middle of sleeping on your porch, surely a dose of reality kicks in and tells them to act like a normal person.

It was crazy, my son was half asleep in his pyjamas going WTF and she was fully dressed. She had long hair and it was all messed up with twigs and leaves sticking out of it and her jumper was just as bad. I never caught her for this but pretty sure she was also stealing just one of his shoes out the front every time she came a-stalking.

When I finally realised what had happened and told her father to get off my porch ... she started to cry.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My ex girlfriend is a lawyer, she defended a guy who was stealing underwear off clothes lines. He got a typical sentence (time served, parole conditions etc) not like she worked miracles for him, a little while after the case finished she finds a bouquet of flowers and a thank you note at her door.

Lawyers, police etc take precautions to protect their personal details because of people like him, so the only way he could have found where she lived is by following her. She was a bit freaked and took out orders, and the police that she knew from being called in to represent the usually drunks on a Monday morning, decided to take it upon themselves to have a chat with him.

He didn’t bother her after that, but a few weeks later he was picked up practicing some self love at a retirement village, not a good sign, so she moved home just to be sure.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Weird.

Had way weirder than that over the years here, not real harm done that time though except her father not reading the situation correctly. We didn't see her again after that incident but I did hear that she was giving another boy and his family a bit of stalky creep.

Sometimes it's a former partner, and as former WA police superintendent, John Watson, once said after his niece was stalked and murdered by her ex partner in Thornlie WA, "restraining orders aren't worth the paper they're written on".
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-01-30/support-for-policemans-restraining-order-views/128094

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

For some with an overarching sense of entitlement and ownership, restraining orders may even sometimes inflame the situation.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A good mate in high school had an older sister who had an old guy stalk her to and from high school and then would always appear outside the store she worked at.

They lived near me so when i walked around with him sometimes we would see him in the area and my mate would start yelling at him and the guy would quickly walk off away in the other direction.

A good mate in high school had an older sister who had an old guy stalk her to and from high school and then would always appear outside the store she worked at.

They lived near me so when i walked around with him sometimes we would see him in the area and my mate would start yelling at him and the guy would quickly walk off away in the other direction.

They don't like getting caught by other males imo, it's very threatening to them. They know they're doing the wrong thing.

They don't like getting caught by other males imo, it's very threatening to them. They know they're doing the wrong thing.

Adrian bayley was caught actually raping a woman by a man- who obviously grabbed him off her. He immediately turned into the wussiest little s**t.. yeh not as tough now when its a man v defenceless woman. Scum

Not surprised- I suppose all the sick sadistic pricks have to start somewhere.

The Eurydice Dixon case an exception- unless it just hasnt come out yet.

Not sure they just launch into stalking and murder first up, I think there's generally a pattern of escalating behaviour. He was probably creeping around for a while.

After four years being away, I came home to Victoria to recover after an accident. On a frame and crutches for a long time, in and out of hospital I had a letter hand dropped in the box. It was from some guy rambling. Red flags all through it and referring to watching me before I left the state. "had my eye on you then and got my eye on you now" "see, before HE was around, now HE's not" "I know what happened to you"

Worst part was I hadn't noticed a thing but for finding a pair of new red shoe laces on my front door step which I dismissed as maybe a bird having dropped them there. And I knew he probably wasn't a local so he was going out of his way.

He left a mobile number, when I rang it to tell him I wasn't as alone as he thought he denied it was him that left the letter before I had the chance .... giggling.

I got the cops to handle it, he had a really long criminal record and he was married, lived about 40kms away.

Not sure they just launch into stalking and murder first up, I think there's generally a pattern of escalating behaviour. He was probably creeping around for a while.

After four years being away, I came home to Victoria to recover after an accident. On a frame and crutches for a long time, in and out of hospital I had a letter hand dropped in the box. It was from some guy rambling. Red flags all through it and referring to watching me before I left the state. "had my eye on you then and got my eye on you now" "see, before HE was around, now HE's not" "I know what happened to you"

Worst part was I hadn't noticed a thing but for finding a pair of new red shoe laces on my front door step which I dismissed as maybe a bird having dropped them there. And I knew he probably wasn't a local so he was going out of his way.

He left a mobile number, when I rang it to tell him I wasn't as alone as he thought he denied it was him that left the letter before I had the chance .... giggling.

I got the cops to handle it, he had a really long criminal record and he was married, lived about 40kms away.

Jesus ******* christ.

Take care shelly- that sounds so ******* scary.

Jesus ******* christ.

Take care shelly- that sounds so ******* scary.

Yeah it was a bit, freaked me out because I was so vulnerable at the time but I didn't muck around with it. He dropped off after the cops went to see him. I still don't know what his name is, he didnt leave it on the letter and the cops wouldn't tell me what it was they just gave me the basics of his history and current situation.

Back