Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

I really thought it'd lean into the Palpatine cloning plot a lot more than it did.

This is my issue with where SW is these days. Everyone seems scared of stepping on someone else's toes creatively so they leave stories 'for another show' to tell, but then no one tells them and now it's been 6 years and no one actually cares anymore.

Since the somehow Palpatine returned debacle, I do get the similar sense. Some of the shows have then placed nods or hints that relate to the cloning subplot, more so to try and
seem like it was a thing all along. I compartmentalise the sequels as much as possible.

The Bad Batch first season I thought was fantastic. Hasn’t hit the same heights since for me.

According to Pablo Hidalgo at Lucasfilm, one of George Lucas's favourite works of Star Wars from Disney is.... Kenobi.

Yeah I liked Kenobi. Didn't quite understand the hate.

Yeah I liked Kenobi. Didn't quite understand the hate.
I didn't hate it but I didn't love it, it's just kinda there, a bit of fun Star Wars content. I found it a little cheap looking at times, the plot was a little creaky, the fight scenes were generally great. But it leans into the prequels so Lucas probably has more of an affinity with it than, say, Andor, which is also more adult and Lucas tends to think of Star Wars as primarily for kids first.

Kenobi was enjoyable.

I liked BB and final season enjoyed the most, the slower paced episodes were really good IMO. They just left too much on the table and teased a whole lot for nothing substantial to come to fruition.

Dunno if Filoni is spread too thin but a lot of recent stuff has been a let down. Ashoka was a huge disappointment.

Bit like current phase of Marvel, majority of stuff has felt really phoned in.

Andor really is an outlier in what Disney overall has produced in the last few years.

Almost done with Tales of the Empire.

I like the bite sized episodes. I'm really not sure it adds all that much overall though.

It’s fine for what it is. Loved Tales of The Jedi, especially the Dooku arc and the final Ahsoka short. Empire also had some great moments but I am hoping they will move beyond the prequel/pre-rebellion era.

I’m hoping the next season will be Tales of the Rebellion, then Tales of the New Republic.

Last edited:
It’s fine for what it is. Loved Tales of The Jedi, especially the Dooku arc and the final Ahsoka short. Empire also had some great moments but I am hoping they will move beyond the prequel/pre-rebellion era.

I’m hoping the next season will be Tales of the Rebellion, then Tales of the New Republic.

This might be a hot take but the Dooku arc, with the Yaddle stuff is some of my favourite Star Wars, ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back