Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah like people were saying with Andor, there’s a lot more gray in the characters and their motives.
A real shock will be if they made the emperor more grey in the future, or keep him as a campy evil.

Daughters of Ferrix - “they are a social club”.

This series is so great at showing why people come to rebel against arrogant and cruel rulers. You can feel the desperation and also the sense of community that is under attack.

Daughters of Ferrix - “they are a social club”.

This series is so great at showing why people come to rebel against arrogant and cruel rulers. You can feel the desperation and also the sense of community that is under attack.
couldn't agree more. the suspense of this episode in particular was incredible, waiting, waiting knowing something is going to come but when? Mon mothma making her sacrifice also. everything about it is so gritty. I love mandalorian, but this show is even better. might not have action but the dialogue and the story building is brilliant

The show is good at showing the greyness of everything in the SW universe. Even the rebels don’t come off as squeaky clean good guys.
Yep it's almost makes you hate the rebels as much as the empire. Skaarsguards speech to the mole made me thinking this guy is an absolute prick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luthens space battle in the haul craft (or Maul Craft as I called it when he deployed the double lasers) was the greatest Star Wars space fight I’ve watched.
Just quietly, I loved that they used Colin Cantwell’s original design for the Star destroyer (before going with a different larger design) for that imperial Arrestor cruiser.

Last edited:
Was also just here and what an experience to see it on the big screen with the mso. Really great vibe and lots of applause. Strong recommend.
Pleasing to see so many families and young kids around drinking in this epic.

View attachment 1595361

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back In Concert - the next one for anyone interested.
Soooooo good, likely to go back for Empire and assuming they're doing Return as well.

Although i was surprised they didnt do the canteena music its a very minor thing.

A bit of a slow start to the new third season of the Mandalorian, but episode three was very good.

The imperial remnant and new republic stuff is just more interesting than much of the Mandalorian cultural infighting stuff.

It was interesting seeing how the New Republic elites and bureaucracy is little different from the Empire and Old Republic.

The New Republic, in this episode, just seemed to be a more free and open Empire, but without the jobs, stability and security. It raises an interesting theme that was present in the old legends of balancing freedom with security in a galaxy of millions of habitable planets and threats everywhere.

The imperial rehab program was also interesting. Seems a tad half-assed and more of a signaling exercise to the pollies/elites without the resources to make it properly work. Rehabilitating trillions of imperial soldiers, support staff and bureaucrats is something you can't half-ass. You can finally see why the First Order (still strongly prefer the Imperial Remnant from the Legends) got a lot of support.

Mando is making the sequel series look a lot better than actually it was as it is fleshing important details and other stuff out that should have been in the movies. (A common problem with the Star Wars movies in general)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back