Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn’t watch S1 or 2 of Mandalorian or the first season of Andor?

All new stuff just bores me. It feels like Marvel movies. I tried Mando and Boba but couldn't get into it. Kenobi started ok but got worse as it went along and felt pointless. Haven't seen Andor. I think a lot of it is also burn-out factor. We are just spammed with stuff now which can dilute the mystery to it all.

The best Star Wars content in recent times was the game Jedi: Fallen Order. Great story, characters and emotion (some of the Kenobi story was ripped off from that game). It has a sequel about to release which I am excited for

You didn’t watch S1 or 2 of Mandalorian or the first season of Andor?
Best since Empire Strikes Back.

I saw Star Wars at the movies when I was 13 and don’t every expect to get that feeling of wonder back. But Andor is unmissable.

All new stuff just bores me. It feels like Marvel movies. I tried Mando and Boba but couldn't get into it. Kenobi started ok but got worse as it went along and felt pointless. Haven't seen Andor. I think a lot of it is also burn-out factor. We are just spammed with stuff now which can dilute the mystery to it all.

The best Star Wars content in recent times was the game Jedi: Fallen Order. Great story, characters and emotion (some of the Kenobi story was ripped off from that game). It has a sequel about to release which I am excited for
Believe it or not I played that game recently. It was good. I don't watch TV shows or movies but I don't mind video games and books.

I read this thread and the media one and every time I almost get motivated to try watching these shows I realise I don't care enough any more and haven't for decades. I don't mind the video games tho.

The bit in the crashed ship, where you follow the force echoes and learn the story of the Jedi and their Padewan on that ship and how they die. Its intense in its own way. That and what happens to Cal... his memories. It really conveys what Order 66 was like. In terms of betrayal and the way s**t gets turned on its head. That stuff really gave that game some weight in terms of story. the rest of it was good too I guess but it anchored the story well. Didn't mind the way they approached the whole concept of the force.

I don't have much time for the whole concept of the force in Star Wars. The dark side and the light side and blah blah blah. It just seems like juvenille crap to me to be honest. Pseudo mysitcal bullshit. If there is "the force" like certain Asian schools of thought suggest it doesn't operate that way either.

All the monsters of history thought they were the Jedi and the other guys were the Sith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just started watching Andor (4 episodes in) Big fan. Any other recommendations on similar type shows? Here the mandalorian is also quite good?
Andor is very distinctive for Star Wars content. Andor is a more techno dystopia/blade runner/spy show that focuses on the greyness of the Empire and Rebellion without the overt presence of force users, while the Mando really fits the original space western vibe that was present in the New Hope movie. Mando has the occasional filler episode, but is really good if you liked the original trilogy.

Andor is very distinctive for Star Wars content. Andor is a more techno dystopia/blade runner/spy show that focuses on the greyness of the Empire and Rebellion without the overt presence of force users, while the Mando really fits the original space western vibe that was present in the New Hope movie. Mando has the occasional filler episode, but is really good if you liked the original trilogy.
Thanks mate. Any other star wars tv spin offs or similar you could recommend?

Thanks mate. Any other star wars tv spin offs or similar you could recommend?
Really depends on what tickles your fancy. Plus I am quite biased in what I like and don't like, so a grain of salt.

The Book of Boba Fett is similar to the Mandalorian as a space western, but not as good (still very watchable, but has its issues as a show). Almost entirely set on Tatooine. Would help to watch the first two season of Mando before watching this show as the two tie together. 7/10

Obi Wan Kenobi is heavily focused on the fallout from the Revenge of the Sith. Its strengths lie in the performances from Ewen McGregor and Hayden Christensen, but suffers from treating Obi as a secondary character in his show, a slowish start and some questionable character development. Vader is very strong and brutal in this show and the lightsaber battles are very good. 7.5/10

Animated Shows (not sure if that's your thing):
  • As a general rule, the animated stuff fills out a lot of the extra lore stuff that is missed in the main movies.
  • Star Wars Tales of the Jedi contains short episodes which fill out a few gaps from the prequel movies. For example, it spends a lot of time on Count Dooku as a Jedi and why he fell to the darkside and formed the separatists.
  • The Clone Wars starts off very kiddy and gradually grows into a really good show that fleshes out the Clones. Would only recommend if you were really interested in what happens between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
  • Only watch the Bad Batch if you watched the Clone Wars. Made, animated and voiced by the same people as Clone Wars.
  • Wouldn't bother with Rebels and Resistance as they are very kiddy, but each have their moments.

Last edited:
Definitely say Andor is one of my favourite shows. It's not a star wars movie/show set in the star wars universe, if that makes sense. Basically it's not about Jedi but the people who form the rebellion. I have a re-watch planned after binging it over the summer.

Really depends on what tickles your fancy. Plus I am quite biased in what I like and don't like, so a grain of salt.

The Book of Boba Fett is similar to the Mandalorian as a space western, but not as good (still very watchable, but has its issues as a show). Almost entirely set on Tatooine. Would help to watch the first two season of Mando before watching this show as the two tie together. 7/10

Obi Wan Kenobi is heavily focused on the fallout from the Revenge of the Sith. Its strengths lie in the performances from Ewen McGregor and Hayden Christensen, but suffers from treating Obi as a secondary character in his show, a slowish start and some questionable character development. Vader is very strong and brutal in this show and the lightsaber battles are very good. 7.5/10

Animated Shows (not sure if that's your thing):
  • As a general rule, the animated stuff fills out a lot of the extra lore stuff that is missed in the main movies.
  • Star Wars Visions contains short episodes which fill out a few gaps from the prequel movies. For example, it spends a lot of time on Count Dooku as a Jedi and why he fell to the darkside and formed the separatists.
  • The Clone Wars starts off very kiddy and gradually grows into a really good show that fleshes out the Clones. Would only recommend if you were really interested in what happens between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
  • Only watch the Bad Batch if you watched the Clone Wars. Made, animated and voiced by the same people as Clone Wars.
  • Wouldn't bother with Rebels and Resistance as they are very kiddy, but each have their moments.

Rebels is actually incredibly interesting and has a strong say on what we are seeing on the small screen. There are a lot of force-related topics and it shows how the empire starts to pervade the galaxy. Just need to get through the first half of the first season, because it gets a lot more serious and it goes through. Plus it has some pretty crazy battle with Vader, Maul, Obi-Wan etc.

Visions is actually a collection of independent stories outside the normal SW sandbox. Tales of the Jedi is the one with Dooku which was again a great little piece of star wars lore.

I find the animation provides a lot of time to expand the galaxy, particularly how the Empire/Republic affects the greater galaxy. Much in the same way we see it in Andor and starting to see aspects of that in Mando.

The lack of the mystical and the force in Andor is what makes it very unique. Very influenced by blade runner, techno dystopia and Tom Clancy themes.
What makes it unique for me is the consistent, well acted, and well written characters. There is a believability to Andor that does not exist almost anywhere else in Star Wars fiction.

Also, the triple story environments between the ISB, Andor, and the Senator are done so well - I never think to myself that I want to get back to the Andor bit when it cuts to the Senator or the ISB - they spent the kind of time to develop the different characters and environments that while yes it feels slow to start, before long every episode cannot help but be good because they are all very engaging.

The whole less is more is also brilliantly done here, because when you do start seeing typical 'star wars' type space stuff, it really impacts.

Huge fan.

Rebels is actually incredibly interesting and has a strong say on what we are seeing on the small screen. There are a lot of force-related topics and it shows how the empire starts to pervade the galaxy. Just need to get through the first half of the first season, because it gets a lot more serious and it goes through. Plus it has some pretty crazy battle with Vader, Maul, Obi-Wan etc.

Visions is actually a collection of independent stories outside the normal SW sandbox. Tales of the Jedi is the one with Dooku which was again a great little piece of star wars lore.

I find the animation provides a lot of time to expand the galaxy, particularly how the Empire/Republic affects the greater galaxy. Much in the same way we see it in Andor and starting to see aspects of that in Mando.
I have watched all of Rebels (mostly for Thrawn), but it just didn't hold my attention the way Clone Wars did.

Forgot it was called something different. Must be because they were shorter episodes. Both Tales and Visions are really good SW media, albeit for different reasons.

Last edited:
Visions was hit and miss for me. Couple of the story's I thought were terrible especially the droid jedi one on the other hand the ones that focused on the jedi or sith were actually not bad.

Visions was hit and miss for me. Couple of the story's I thought were terrible especially the droid jedi one on the other hand the ones that focused on the jedi or sith were actually not bad.
Definitely some weaker ones, but I just enjoyed the different animation styles.

Speaking of visions:

some of those "filler" episodes tend to weave back into the storyline later on

see spoiler below for example,

like the refreshing of the moff gideon storylineline in the mandalorian which took almost a full episode.

What makes it unique for me is the consistent, well acted, and well written characters. There is a believability to Andor that does not exist almost anywhere else in Star Wars fiction.

Also, the triple story environments between the ISB, Andor, and the Senator are done so well - I never think to myself that I want to get back to the Andor bit when it cuts to the Senator or the ISB - they spent the kind of time to develop the different characters and environments that while yes it feels slow to start, before long every episode cannot help but be good because they are all very engaging.

The whole less is more is also brilliantly done here, because when you do start seeing typical 'star wars' type space stuff, it really impacts.

Huge fan.
its a plot that could have been consistant with any of the recent conflicts of our times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back