Workshop State League Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Also tell Peel to go back to their original jumper, as their current s**t isn't working. (but I doubt they'll ever happen now they've won a flag in it).
Eh, it's never really been a problem in the WAFL before. In 10 years they'll either have a new jumper or fold.

East Perth should trial black shorts for a season. I reckon that'll look sharp.

It's a big bear of mine as well.

The WAFL really need to put the foot down and have some guidelines, especially for the front of these things. Front numbers should go. Shove all the sponsors to one side, with a major sponsor across the gut if need be, have the league logo on the breast where it should be. Would definitely clean up a lot of the jumpers.

Also tell Peel to go back to their original jumper, as their current s**t isn't working. (but I doubt they'll ever happen now they've won a flag in it).
I think the way Subi has it is the most acceptable of the lot, but I kind of like how it gives the WAFL an individual look.

Ascot Vale Panthers are joining the EDFL. Starting with U9s. Other squads, including Seniors, to come at a later date.

Note that we already have the Pascoe Vale Panthers who also use red and black as their colours.
It won't last, they'll be gone again within 10.

The market around there is ****ed with Marby Park, Abers and Keilor taking pretty much every good kid. Trying to start a new team won't be sustainable.
Plus, Aberfeldie making use of their ground for some of their lower division junior stuff won't help their cause.

It's a shame, cos the clubs really only exists as a super rules club filled with people that played at the old Ascot Vale footy club before it folded years back. Probably going to die again soon if the juniors don't work out for them.

Eh, it's never really been a problem in the WAFL before. In 10 years they'll either have a new jumper or fold.

East Perth should trial black shorts for a season. I reckon that'll look sharp.
I swear East Perth did it for a while about ten years ago but there's no proof. This is when they were sponsored by the truck or haulage company with the yellow logo and the big 'T' or 'I' logo - International they might have been called?

Re: Ascot Vale, I think it's been noted it's basically a way for Abers to suck up even more juniors.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

0330_CROCKER_300.jpg

The North Ballarat Rebels will undergo a name change and re-brand to reflect they fact they represent all of Western Victoria...and the fact nine tenths of Ballarat itself hates North Ballarat. The club itself wont die despite the turmoil it faces since the Council has just spent $5 million to buy Eureka Stadium and insists a VFL level side must be based there.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4626617/roosters-chairman-flags-possible-name-change/?cs=61

The North Ballarat Rebels underwent a re-brand this year as the embarrassingly named Greater Western Victoria Rebels. If you want a lesson on how not to go about creating an identity look at the Rebels now; name, logo and jumper all look like an under 10's basketball side.

So here is my proposal for the VFL, the Western Victoria Rovers.​

The Rovers nickname derived from the fact the players come from all over the Western Districts, representing towns from Ballarat, to Horsham; Warrnambool to Maryborough.

The colours are black and blue. Black to represent the black swans common in the area and the blue matching the Eureka flag, symbol of the club's base in Ballarat.

The badge features a windmill highlighting the club's strong links to the district's farming community, and distinguishing itself from the metropolitan sides in Melbourne. Again, an eight pointed star in placed in the top left hand side (the west) to symbolise the connection to Ballarat and Eureka Stadium.

The home jumper is to be worn in all games outside of Melbourne.

The away jumper is to be worn in all games in Melbourne where a clash does not exist.

The clash jumper is to be worn when necessary.
upload_2017-4-28_11-43-52.png

The North Ballarat Rebels will undergo a name change and re-brand to reflect they fact they represent all of Western Victoria...and the fact nine tenths of Ballarat itself hates North Ballarat. The club itself wont die despite the turmoil it faces since the Council has just spent $5 million to buy Eureka Stadium and insists a VFL level side must be based there.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4626617/roosters-chairman-flags-possible-name-change/?cs=61

The North Ballarat Rebels underwent a re-brand this year as the embarrassingly named Greater Western Victoria Rebels. If you want a lesson on how not to go about creating an identity look at the Rebels now; name, logo and jumper all look like an under 10's basketball side.

The Rovers nickname derived from the fact the players come from all over the Western Districts, representing towns from Ballarat, to Horsham; Warrnambool to Maryborough.

The colours are black and blue. Black to represent the black swans common in the area and the blue matching the Eureka flag, symbol of the club's base in Ballarat.

The badge features a windmill highlighting the club's strong links to the district's farming community, and distinguishing itself from the metropolitan sides in Melbourne. Again, an eight pointed star in placed in the top left hand side (the west) to symbolise the connection to Ballarat and Eureka Stadium.

The away jumper is to be worn in all games in Melbourne where a clash does not exist.

Send those guernseys in! I might chuck these in AFL Evolution.

I hate that default MS Paint blue/purple colour. But apart from that it's good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Fremantle look to be sporting a new home jumper on the far left. Hopefully it has a blue back so they don't clash with Souths as much.
Screenshot_20190317-094939.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back