Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

In comparison to any other jumper change in the clubs history this is probably 3rd biggest in terms of fan support to the 2003 heritage becoming an away strip and the crusader coming from the 96' pre season to taking the home jumper in 97.

If nobody had said anything i doubt they would've changed the colors a few people posted on twitter and the club has media people who probably check in on here from time to time so who knows but don't think they just decided to change

Either way it's a great result and looks a ripper.

Now we just need to get them to remove the shirt and tie crusader and replace it with 05 candy stripes and we're in business

Where did the groundswell of support come from for white collars? I hope you're not referring specifically to this thread.
From direct communication with the club via email, social media outlets and direct conversation/s.

This thread certainly helped gather the groundswell. That much cannot be denied.

In comparison to any other jumper change in the clubs history this is probably 3rd biggest in terms of fan support to the 2003 heritage becoming an away strip and the crusader coming from the 96' pre season to taking the home jumper in 97.

Again, where on Earth do you get this from. It sounds like you are extrapolating your own opinion into some sort of concensus.

When the BLK jerseys were shown all I saw personally was negativity. This was mostly due to the toilet seat collar and the pink and charcoal colouring, I must admit. But how much of the positive reaction to the current jumper (which you still would have no idea what level of support it actually has across the 33k members and however many more fans) do you attribute solely to the white collar and how much of it is down to relief that xblades have put together a product that is so much better than what we thought we were going to be stuck with.

Who. Gives. A. s**t.

We've got an amazing guernsey, isn't that enough? FMD, some of you lot could argue over anything.

Who. Gives. A. s**t.

We've got an amazing guernsey, isn't that enough? FMD, some of you lot could argue over anything.
To be fair mate, 99% of Bigfooty threads involve arguing semantics :D.

Again, where on Earth do you get this from. It sounds like you are extrapolating your own opinion into some sort of concensus.

When the BLK jerseys were shown all I saw personally was negativity. This was mostly due to the toilet seat collar and the pink and charcoal colouring, I must admit. But how much of the positive reaction to the current jumper (which you still would have no idea what level of support it actually has across the 33k members and however many more fans) do you attribute solely to the white collar and how much of it is down to relief that xblades have put together a product that is so much better than what we thought we were going to be stuck with.

Edit: Mobile fail

I can't be bothered arguing, all I know is I love the jumper and a lot of other people do, and all's well that ends well.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but i dont know why peeps get so negative about the club trying different jumper designs.
For eg YES i totally agree the Candy jumper looks better than the current clash.
But its about revenue. If we stayed with the one manufacturer and had a perfect H&A strip and had the beautiful candy stripe as our clash permanently . Then people wouldnt buy another footy jumper untill they either got too fat for the old one it got stained or ripped .
Every couple of yrs changing from white to black cuffs then back again and constantly changing clash/alternate kits keeps people buying them.
Give it a few yrs im sure the black trim will be back and no doubt we will revert back to the Candy Stripe one day.
And everybody will be saying
images.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on a date to be able to grab some new gear??
Apologies if it's been mentioned earlier as i dont read every post
Late February was the official line from the club in regards to jumper pre orders.

Did anyone look at the New Era caps on display at the intra?
Did anyone like them?
Would anyone buy one?
I thought they were crap, and am hoping that there was only a limited sample shown.
What they had looked as if they belonged on the scalp of a cracker redneck riding his John Deere around the fence line.

Did anyone like them?
Would anyone buy one?
I thought they were crap, and am hoping that there was only a limited sample shown.
What they had looked as if they belonged on the scalp of a cracker redneck riding his John Deere around the fence line.

My housemate loved them and he is a designer...

https://xblades.com.au/blogs/news/xblades-making-a-mark-in-afl

SAINTS Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer Christine Finnegan said she was looking forward to a long and productive partnership with XBlades; “We’re really thrilled to have XBlades on board as part of the St Kilda family. We’ve already engaged with several players to assist in the development of our 2018 line,” Finnegan said.

Fantastic to hear that the players will be involved with future development in some form.

Last edited:
Did anyone like them?
Would anyone buy one?
Are there any pictures of them?

On E5823 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back