Toast Wilkie & Sinclair named All-Australian, Marshall makes squad of 44

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have a few A graders, absolute elite talent is probably still missing. Sinclair is pushing elite on his 2023 form. We still lack top end and need to keep developing the youth and hope they push up.
I think it’s a pretty fair argument to say we have 3 elite talents by league standards

Wilkie Sinclair King

With another really nice group below them mixed between newcomers and experience (Marshall crouch Steele Owens Pou Nas)

But it is the group behind them that we need a few more in that push and strive to join the above 2 groups.

I think it’s a pretty fair argument to say we have 3 elite talents by league standards

Wilkie Sinclair King

With another really nice group below them mixed between newcomers and experience (Marshall crouch Steele Owens Pou Nas)

But it is the group behind them that we need a few more in that push and strive to join the above 2 groups.

I guess it's dependent on how you define "elite". If it's the top 20 players in the league we might have a couple. King isn't elite yet, he's still promising. Marshall is well ahead of him.

Maybe I mean match winning top of the tree star types. Sincs probably the only one close to that so far. Finals make reputations and as the boss says, you write your own narrative.

I guess it's dependent on how you define "elite". If it's the top 20 players in the league we might have a couple. King isn't elite yet, he's still promising. Marshall is well ahead of him.

Wilkie is the best key defender/most versatile in the league. The fact that he goes from Cameron, Curnow to Green is something not even wonderkid, Moore, Siciliy and Stewart can do.
Maybe I mean match winning top of the tree star types. Sincs probably the only one close to that so far. Finals make reputations and as the boss says, you write your own narrative.

To me elite would probably be players who'd be in the best 6 players in any side. That's Sinclair, he's probably the best rebounding back in the AFL. Every club would be better with him in their side. Marshall would be good at nearly every other cub, Wilkie would probably be borderline because he's up against some of the very best defenders in the land.

The one no-one mentions is Wood. He's probably one of the best 4 wings in the league and walks into most sides

Nas is rising, King is consistency and an injury free run at proving himself. Owens is just starting but shown signs and Phillipou has the attitude and application if he can get the rest right.

Steele, Hill, Crouch etc are very good solid players when at their best but just a level down from the absolute best players.

To me the real glaring issue is that in the age of the midfielder we are still lacking that absolute star class on ball.

To me elite would probably be players who'd be in the best 6 players in any side. That's Sinclair, he's probably the best rebounding back in the AFL. Every club would be better with him in their side. Marshall would be good at nearly every other cub, Wilkie would probably be borderline because he's up against some of the very best defenders in the land.

The one no-one mentions is Wood. He's probably one of the best 4 wings in the league and walks into most sides

Nas is rising, King is consistency and an injury free run at proving himself. Owens is just starting but shown signs and Phillipou has the attitude and application if he can get the rest right.

Steele, Hill, Crouch etc are very good solid players when at their best but just a level down from the absolute best players.

To me the real glaring issue is that in the age of the midfielder we are still lacking that absolute star class on ball.
excellent assessment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back