Autopsy Trevor Barker Award, 2023 - Sinclair goes back-to-back, 30th Saint to win multiple B&F's

Who finishes top 3 in the B&F?

• Jade Gresham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Crouch

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Bradley Hill

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jack Steele

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Mitch Owens

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Hunter Clark

• Ryan Byrnes

• Liam Stocker

• Dan Butler

• Marcus Windhager

• Rowan Marshall

Votes: 38 53.5%
  • Dougal Howard

• Jack Higgins

• Mattaes Phillipou

• Josh Battle

• Mason Wood

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Jack Sinclair

Votes: 66 93.0%
  • Callum Wilkie

Votes: 46 64.8%
  • Anthony Caminiti

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies and Hawks get Prestige deals, probably the Swans and in fact most of the interstate teams too.
We're a mid tier club at this point austinnn......the only way to change that is to grow the club......and up our perceived profile.

If we get bigger....we can go after the bigger companies for bigger sponsorship.

We'll be a better "fit"

The Pies had Emirates Airways for years.....a prestige airline........big exposure for Emirates....big bucks for the Pies.

They also had Holden for several years........a traditional Aust icon.......that deal nearly killed me....I was working for Holden at the time and went into nuclear meltdown when it was announced.

The Hawks had the prestige car company Audi.....after they "pinched" Audi from us.

Melb have Zurich and until recently Johnnie Walker(I nearly bought a membership !!!! )

Eyebrows were raised when Qatar Airways joined up with the Sawns.....a controversial fit at the time.

I guess out there in the corporate world.......they decide what's the best "fit" for them.

With Chery jumping on board with us......what's the old saying.... beggars......being choosy !!!!!!!

We're a mid tier club at this point austinnn......the only way to change that is to grow the club......and up our perceived profile.

If we get bigger....we can go after the bigger companies for bigger sponsorship.

We'll be a better "fit"

The Pies had Emirates Airways for years.....a prestige airline........big exposure for Emirates....big bucks for the Pies.

They also had Holden for several years........a traditional Aust icon.......that deal nearly killed me....I was working for Holden at the time and went into nuclear meltdown when it was announced.

The Hawks had the prestige car company Audi.....after they "pinched" Audi from us.

Melb have Zurich and until recently Johnnie Walker(I nearly bought a membership !!!! )

Eyebrows were raised when Qatar Airways joined up with the Sawns.....a controversial fit at the time.

I guess out there in the corporate world.......they decide what's the best "fit" for them.

With Chery jumping on board with us......what's the old saying.... beggars......being choosy !!!!!!!

Port Adelaide is a powerhouse club and has the Chinese MG manufacturer as a sponsor, and that is hardly a prestige brand.

Chery motors sponsorship is absolutely massive for the club. A great get for Lethers, he is well and truly proving his worth.

We have come a long way since an LED light supplier was our major sponsor.
Hear hear Mordy..........your taking me down memory lane.

Prior to Led....we had Centrebet as our main sponsor.

Horrendous....!!!!!

No one would touch us with a 10 foot pole due to exploding dwarfs and a certain school girl running rampant.

No matter what the club tried....no one wanted to be associated with us.......we reluctantly took Centrebet on board.

It was like being at the school prom......she was the only one who wanted to have a dance with you.

Actual result from last night

1. Jack Sinclair (237 votes)
2. Callum Wilkie (228 votes)
3. Rowan Marshall (205 votes)
4. Mitchito Owens (172 votes)
5. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (164 votes)
6. Brad Crouch (142 votes)
7. Bradley Hill (142 votes)
8. Jack Higgins (119 votes)
9. Jack Steele (118 votes)
10. Josh Battle (115 votes)

How Big Footy St Kilda board B&F saw it (100 votes given each week, percentage of votes collected each week, final not included)

1 Sinclair 304.91
2 Marshall 266.75
3 Crouch 251.47
4 Wilkie 229.02
5 NWM 228.58
6 Wood 137.43
7 Steele 136.71
8 Owens 119.91
9 Hill 78.67
10 Butler 62.78
(Higgins 11th, Battle 17th)

Thought RTB really warmed up towards the end of his speech and started giving a few nuggets. Strong message about the lessons from the Grand Final. Good point that Lions played finals for 5 years before getting to the big dance and Pies did three years (incl GF), missed a year, then back for prelim and then finally GF again.

Reckon we use at least 2 picks inside the top 20 this year and another couple of later picks. Message from the club has been consistent that this is another year of hitting the draft.

We'll be a better "fit"

Swans, a hypocritical club, QBE a company found guilty of stuffing claims in a cupboard as a method of not paying out, and after having to deal with them as a workcover insurer, they are horrendous, no ifs, not buts, horrendous.

Bulldogs had/have Merces Benz, don't see the fit there, unless it's about how to steal them.

The biggest one of all is everyone likes to be associated with winners, and we haven't won much at all

Swans, a hypocritical club, QBE a company found guilty of stuffing claims in a cupboard as a method of not paying out, and after having to deal with them as a workcover insurer, they are horrendous, no ifs, not buts, horrendous.

Bulldogs had/have Merces Benz, don't see the fit there, unless it's about how to steal them.

The biggest one of all is everyone likes to be associated with winners, and we haven't won much at all

So on the s**t list is Audi, Ford, and Mercedes. So was Holden when they existed. ( Poor customer service ).
MG is not on the list, but he's since done a flip, because they are moving enough cars that its no long below "critical mass" to offer support.
With Factory backing, hopefully Chery can get to a similar level as MG.
( A lot of the smaller import brands in Australia, are not factory backed, they come in through third party importers )

Audi is the pig in lipstick of the Volkswagon stable. ( Hawks )
Fords are badly engineered and the customer service is even worse. ( Cats ).
Mercedes: " We will graciously take your despicably filthy and highly unworthy money and in exchange we will graciously allow you to bask behind our glorious badge " ( Bulldogs ).

Maybe Chery and the Saints can win together.

( I like driving most of those big name cars so long as its not me paying for it ).

Luckily the Chinese don’t know that, and have obviously forgotten how “well” we played there 😉🤣

So on the s**t list is Audi, Ford, and Mercedes. So was Holden when they existed. ( Poor customer service ).
MG is not on the list, but he's since done a flip, because they are moving enough cars that its no long below "critical mass" to offer support.
With Factory backing, hopefully Chery can get to a similar level as MG.
( A lot of the smaller import brands in Australia, are not factory backed, they come in through third party importers )

Audi is the pig in lipstick of the Volkswagon stable. ( Hawks )
Fords are badly engineered and the customer service is even worse. ( Cats ).
Mercedes: " We will graciously take your despicably filthy and highly unworthy money and in exchange we will graciously allow you to bask behind our glorious badge " ( Bulldogs ).

Maybe Chery and the Saints can win together.

( I like driving most of those big name cars so long as its not me paying for it ).

That bloke is hilarious. Pretty sure the only car he rates is a 79 Series.

That bloke is hilarious. Pretty sure the only car he rates is a 79 Series.

I can see his point though.

If some car brand only sells 2000 cars in Australia each year , you don't get to go to the dealer and get a spare part out of stock.
You go to the dealer, leave a deposit, and they order your part from overseas and it takes about twice as long and costs three times as much as if you ordered it on Amazon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see his point though.

If some car brand only sells 2000 cars in Australia each year , you don't get to go to the dealer and get a spare part out of stock.
You go to the dealer, leave a deposit, and they order your part from overseas and it takes about twice as long and costs three times as much as if you ordered it on Amazon.
haha my VW, we (owners group) have a bunch of steering wheels( over 20 so far)( faulty sensor disabling assistance systems(lane departure, etc...) with warranty replacements when they can't even give dates for replacement

not just the small guys that are s**t

haha my VW, we (owners group) have a bunch of steering wheels( over 20 so far)( faulty sensor disabling assistance systems(lane departure, etc...) with warranty replacements when they can't even give dates for replacement

not just the small guys that are s**t

Yeah its logistically hard for the small guys.

For VW, its because the company are bastards.

That's the bottom line....literally !!!!!!!

As I mentioned in an earlier post.......that's what cost us with the Audi sponsorship.

We had the best pitch....offered more to Audi than the Hawks.....Rooey apparently did an awesome job with all the promotions.

Bottom line was that the Hawks won the flag the previous season....had 80K members.

We had won the spoon 2 seasons earlier.

Not a hard choice for the Audi execs.

Luckily the Chinese don’t know that, and have obviously forgotten how “well” we played there 😉🤣
Maybe that's why we are getting sponsored. They're going "If we throw enough money at them we won't have to watch that s**t"

Last edited:

As I mentioned in an earlier post.......that's what cost us with the Audi sponsorship.

We had the best pitch....offered more to Audi than the Hawks.....Rooey apparently did an awesome job with all the promotions.

Bottom line was that the Hawks won the flag the previous season....had 80K members.

Audi are the 18th most popular brand in Australia.
They have no-where near as much to gain from brand awareness and advertising as a Chinese startup for the masses.

Not just that, for example;

When "we" made the choice to sponsor Richmond at work, it was in the process disregarding the Dogs, part of that reasoning was "yay MCG access" much like with team 18 locally and Renault internationally it's a yay to that access to those crowds in those areas just because you sponsor 1 thing of many to then access millions of people to buy your product.

So when it's a choice between 80/20 Marvel v 80/20 G, same offer, the 80/20 G wins every time because more arses on seats and more boots through those doors so more eyes to see with for same outlay. So the Hawks didn't just have success, they had location bias also.

We'll be a better "fit"

GEH57Wg.jpg

Back