Toast Callum Wilkie

Remove this Banner Ad

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
100 games for this Warrior. Not one game missed since his first practice game when he cam in as a late in for Dylan Roberton. Silver lining, but he has been so true to the Saints. One of the best rookie picks we have ever made. He sincs ro and Minie will battle it out. Just an absolute achievment that he has become one of the top defenders in the comp. As an undersized, with poor athleticism and has just become an absolute wall. Still a chance for his first all/aus honours.

I think it is pretty remarkable what he has been able to do. It's time for us to pause and really take stock of how far he has come and hat he means to the team and the club.

What an outstanding achievement.

First Saint to play 100 consecutive from debut and 11th player in history.

I haven't been able to say it about many Saints in my time but I have absolute trust in Wilkie. He's a guy who just gets the job done to a high standard and hardly ever deviates from his best. He's as safe as houses.

I need to go outside and calm my breathing every time he delicately places an arm in the defenders back and nudges them under the ball 🤤💦

Was watching the GWS game with my brother earlier in the year and we were talking about how good Wilkie is. He had just taken possession and kicked it down the line but GWS marked it. They went to kick it back in his direction and a second before he nudged his defender under it and took the mark, as it was in the air I said "watch he'll probably do it again now" lol. So reliable.

I said when he came on the scene that he'd be our Tom Stewart type find and he's looking the goods! Beautiful kick, consistent player, someone who plays to their limits and defends first and foremost.

100/100 games and a couple of solid weeks away from an All Australian jacket.

What a jet, take a bow, Cal!
(And whoever recruited him)

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

If only we were as good at our high picks in the national draft as we are in the rookie draft. Wilkie has to be one of the best picks we've made in the last 20 years. And sincs is probably next to him.

Absolute gun and loved watching the 44 get a proper rebirth even if it's in a slightly different role to Milney.

If only we were as good at our high picks in the national draft as we are in the rookie draft. Wilkie has to be one of the best picks we've made in the last 20 years. And sincs is probably next to him.

Absolute gun and loved watching the 44 get a proper rebirth even if it's in a slightly different role to Milney.

It's probably fortunate for both that we drafted badly, guys like them that missed the draft often play out their days at lower levels because even if they make AFL the kids get preferential access to games over them and the systems spits them out. Marshall too.

Our poor drafting gave all of them a chance and they took it with both hands.

It's probably fortunate for both that we drafted badly, guys like them that missed the draft often play out their days at lower levels because even if they make AFL the kids get preferential access to games over them and the systems spits them out. Marshall too.

Our poor drafting gave all of them a chance and they took it with both hands.
Exactly why you shouldn’t tank for picks.
High picks doesn’t equal automatic match winners.
Absolutely love what we’ve been able to unearth at the rookie draft.

All Australian fullback Callum Wilkie to you sir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back