Toast Wilkie & Sinclair named All-Australian, Marshall makes squad of 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, in 20 years of drafts we haven't managed an All Australian selection from players taken inside the top 50 picks.

Would be hard to find a club with a worse record than that.

They had a list of AAs, rising stars, 200 game players, brownlow votes, player of the year and coaches votes in the paper a few years back. We were right down the bottom. Probably a bit better these days at least. Toce has been a game changer.

All the punditry teams I've read today have Sinclair in, but no Wilkie or Marshall.

Probably fair. Sinclair is our absolute best player and would be the best rebounding back in the AFL this year or close enough to it.

Wilkie is a god but he's up against bigger names for the key defensive posts. Darcy Moore is insane and probably one of the best defenders in the last decade. Sicily has had a great year, Stewart was back to his best, Weitering was huge and Harris Andrews had a great year. He wouldn't look out of place in the final AA side but I can see them leaving him out for others.

Marshall probably unlucky that English has been so high profile especially early on when he got on the radar before Marshall started to take control of matches.

I think there are a couple he is competing with but if he loses out to Tom Stewart, that will be a travesty.

The field general and pillar in the best defence in the league should make Wilkie an easy selection.

I saw that based on the Champion Data system, Mason Wood would make AA!

Really hope Wilkie gets the nod tonight. Would be just deserves for a remarkably consistent 24 months. He is absolutely elite in many of the key areas for a defender. Bracing myself for the disappointment as the dumb AFL campaigners be incredibly lazy and go for Stewart again but one can hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy Classified with RTB at 9.45 will be my go.
Dangerfield will still be talking when Ross is finished! 🙄
Thanks for letting me know :) Had no idea about that either lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back