Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the 90s and yellow kits as a training jumper, looks amazing on the track.

They're getting closer to the ideal set of jumpers for us with white collar and cuffs, heritage-ish jumper for a clash. Just need the red training jumper in games against Collingwood and maybe Geelong/Norf

I do agree with Wolfie though the logo placement could be a bit better

Finding s**t left right and centre now
That 2003 Yellow one with the red out lines is my White Whale.
So farrking ugly its beautiful.
I'd absolutely love one of those hanging on the wall of my man cave.

So I went to watch the girls play yesterday at Moorabbin (Patrikios is a jet) and picked up a 2020 clash jumper. On the inside of the collar it has this historical tidbit:
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 10.01.19 am.png
This lead me down a trove and wikipedia rabbit hole. Here are my findings.. dun dun :moustache:
1858 - Both South Yarra and Old St Kilda FC form
1873 - South Yarra and old St Kilda merge to form the current day St Kilda
1875 - St Kilda amalgamates with University
1888 - St Kilda merges with Prahran
I'm looking to find each of these clubs' original guernsey designs to see if any design opportunities open up, and to verify the validity of the fun fact.

I also found this in a 1939 newspaper:
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 11.07.03 pm.png
We ended up wearing our regular fascist (/s) tricolour.

Mero to the rescue
All descriptions of jumpers that I know of before the 1870s were of only the colours.
It wasn't until Essendon started wearing a Sash in 1875 that there was much variation.
I would say most likely South Yarra would have been Red & White hoops, and StKilda Black & White Hoops.
However, that is based on best guess, not on documentation.
One support for my theory would be the first StKilda jumpers being Red & Black hoops.
In the 1875 edition of the The Footballer they are listed as:
Colors—Blue knickerbockers, scarlet and black striped jersey, hose and cap.

With a fair bit of support surrounding the yellow training guernsey....Is anyone able to set up a Facebook page asking for the guernsey to become retail and then pass on to club? Just an idea

In order to get this thread back onto page 1, and to contrast how great OUR jumpers are compared to some of the opposition*...

xzR2OHz.jpg

*The North jumper would admittedly look better if it wasn’t being worn by a bloke with a body like a defective lava lamp 😉

Last edited:
In order to get this thread back onto page 1, and to contrast how great OUR jumpers are compared to some of the opposition*...

xzR2OHz.jpg

*The North jumper wouldn’t admittedly look better if it wasn’t being worn by a bloke with a body like a defective lava lamp 😉
child bearing hips, and an hourglass figure. Girls would kill for that body.

xzR2OHz.jpg

*The North jumper wouldn’t admittedly look better if it wasn’t being worn by a bloke with a body like a defective lava lamp
God I hate those pinstripes, it makes a s**t jumper ten times worse.

s**t jumper
s**t alteration
s**t haircut
s**t tattoos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still hoping Geelong playing in a tshirt for marsh catches on with the saints.

I bet it’s selling better than the traditional cuts...

Really? I think they look great.

i prefer the tri colour personally but after a couple of years of those there’s nothing wrong with a change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back