Steps towards Treaty: the Uluru Statement and Referendum Council Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright.

We've had the Referendum into the Indigenous Voice to Parliament, and the public rejected it.

From the notes to the Referendum Committee:
The Dialogues discussed who would be the parties to Treaty, as well as the process, content and enforcement questions that pursuing Treaty raises. In relation to process, these questions included whether a Treaty should be negotiated first as a national framework agreement under which regional and local treaties are made. In relation to content, the Dialogues discussed that a Treaty could include a proper say in decision-making, the establishment of a truth commission, reparations, a financial settlement (such as seeking a percentage of GDP), the resolution of land, water and resources issues, recognition of authority and customary law, and guarantees of respect for the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Would you be okay with any or all of the above? What do you think would be a reasonable means of reparations, or do you think reparations are not required at all?

Try and keep it civil from here. The last few pages have been as base as anywhere else on this forum.

Last edited:
Like the PM, who has committed to establishing something in full that he says he hasn’t read?

Pretty easy to sow confusion when Albos made such a hash of it.
He's been hopeless I mean he was just better than Morrison, so not a high bar.

The Voice is one page, so I assume he's read it.

Claims otherwise are only made by people trying to be deceptive or aren't really that bright

He's been hopeless I mean he was just better than Morrison, so not a high bar.

The Voice is one page, so I assume he's read it.

Claims otherwise are only made by people trying to be deceptive or aren't really that bright
The one page is a conclusion. The fact that the PM who is bringing this to a referendum says he has hasn’t read the full report is just not believable. Even if he didn’t actually read it he would surely have have been fully briefed as to the contents.

To play dumb on what it says just looks evasive.

The one page is a conclusion. The fact that the PM who is bringing this to a referendum says he has hasn’t read the full report is just not believable. Even if he didn’t actually read it he would surely have have been fully briefed as to the contents.

To play dumb on what it says just looks evasive.
The way you are trying to phrase is deceptive.

They are not part of the voice and form not part of the referendum.

The way you are trying to phrase is deceptive.

They are not part of the voice and form not part of the referendum.
Rubbish. Anything this important HAS to substantively have more than one page, in terms of background to the summary. Albo claiming not to have any knowledge of this is simply not credible.

…worse, he’s claimed he’s aware of it, but doesn’t know the contents.

…worse, he’s claimed he’s aware of it, but doesn’t know the contents.
Because it doesn't matter.

The problem appears to be you think it needs more pages, so you are making those pages part of something because you can't comprehend it.

This is a you problem.

The problem appears to be you think it needs more pages, so you are making those pages part of something because you can't comprehe
It has more pages, dear, even Albo said so.

He said it was too many to read😂

It has more pages, dear, even Albo said so.

He said it was too many to read😂
That's not the argument though is it.

Rubbish. Anything this important HAS to substantively have more than one page, in terms of background to the summary. Albo claiming not to have any knowledge of this is simply not credible.
Here's your quote

Explain why you need more than one page? It's not a summary, that's your term.

So please elaborate.

So you can't explain 1 one page isn't enough ?
Good grief, it’s like explaining calculus to a sea cucumber…the PM (still with me) should be fully briefed on the full document .

Gedddiiiitttt???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The full document is 1 page

Gedddiiiittttt ?

(No you don't because you think 1 page isn't enough, but you can't explain why)
“You haven’t read it?” Mitchell said.

“There’s 120 pages — why would I?” the PM said.

Farking lol

“You haven’t read it?” Mitchell said.

“There’s 120 pages — why would I?” the PM said.

Farking lol
That's not the Uluru Statement to the heart is it.

Farking LOL. (I can do this all day long, people like you are a dime a dozen so we have plenty of practice)

Here, even found out for you

So again

Why can't it be 1 page

That's not the Uluru Statement doom the heart is it.

Farking LOL. (I can do this all day long, people like you are a dime a dozen so we have plenty of practice)

So again

Why can't it be 1 page
The summary is one page. There is obviously a lot more background to this, given we are going to a referendum. Yes?

The man taking it to the referendum seems to be aware of this background, but claims he doesn’t know what it is.

I really can’t put it any simpler. You are massively struggling here.

The summary is one page. There is obviously a lot more background to this, given we are going to a referendum. Yes?

The man taking it to the referendum seems to be aware of this background, but claims he doesn’t know what it is.

The statement is one page.

No. Hay marriage plebiscite didn't have anything.

He has rightly dismissed meeting notes. Like most people outside Peta Credlin and her band of merry morons.
But it's not even 1 page, surely something this important must be more.

So what is “120 pages” Albo himself is referring too?

This is hilarious
You tell me.

You are the one that seems to think they are part of the voice.

I even found the full quote, something people trying to be deceptive avoid.

Mitchell asked about 25 pages, Albo said there were 125 🤣

“What they are is a record of meetings … they’re records of the big lead-up that happened, in the lead-up to, ironically … the Uluru Statement from the Heart,” the PM said.
So yeah, he's aware of them and what they are. Perhaps you should be too

So he’s “aware” of them, but hasn’t read them.

Quit while you’re behind, mate…
Behind? You 🤣

You've stated it's not 1 page, it is, you can't explain why it can't be one page and you can't even get your quote right.

You remind me of the MAGA faithful still out there supporting trump. 🤡

Remove this Banner Ad

Back