Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that the club makes mistakes. For some reason they were too cheap to buy Pedro but happy to pay 50m euros on a kid. If u read the utd thread, plenty are critical of our window and how the club is run. Check out the melts from a few in the matchday threads.
I dgaf about the DDG move cos I'm over it but there's always a risk that a deal won't be done if u start negotiating at the 11th hour. This deal could have been done ages ago.

Fair enough, I rarely venture into the United thread, and I suppose it is possible that you lot are more criticial among yourselves.

It just seems on the main board like United fans have an excuse/justification/explanation for anything that could be construed as a failure/weakness of the club, rather than simply admitting that the club got it wrong on the particular occasion.

United fans are like LFC fans 10 years ago, it will be tough for them to get use to their knew position in world football, we LFC fans are still adjusting lol

10 years ago? Try 30.

Remind me when Liverpool were good in the mid 2000's? I don't really count the Champions League win as a sustained period of success, great effort yes, as much as most people wouldn't associate Porto with a real high standing in football.

I'm near 30 and I can't ever remember a really strong Liverpool side other than the one that almost snatched the title 2 years ago. You've always had good teams, but I don't think I've ever gone into a season where I thought you had a squad that was a real chance at winning it; Arsenal of the 90's/00's, Man Utd obviously, Chelsea, Man City then Chelsea again have all had far superior sides in the relevant era's.

Man U still think they can sign players from Barca, Bayern and Real that these clubs want to keep.

They can take the players not wanted anymore like they have done in the last few years and claim they are a top team :$:$:$:$:$:$:$
To be fair most top players went to United for SAF, now SAF isnt there whats the point?

10 years ago? Try 30.

Remind me when Liverpool were good in the mid 2000's? I don't really count the Champions League win as a sustained period of success, great effort yes, as much as most people wouldn't associate Porto with a real high standing in football.

I'm near 30 and I can't ever remember a really strong Liverpool side other than the one that almost snatched the title 2 years ago. You've always had good teams, but I don't think I've ever gone into a season where I thought you had a squad that was a real chance at winning it; Arsenal of the 90's/00's, Man Utd obviously, Chelsea, Man City then Chelsea again have all had far superior sides in those era's.
Wigan have a more recent trophy. Sums it up for me.

Fair enough, I rarely venture into the United thread, and I suppose it is possible that you lot are more criticial among yourselves.

It just seems on the main board like United fans have an excuse/justification/explanation for anything that could be construed as a failure/weakness of the club, rather than simply admitting that the club got it wrong on the particular occasion.

If United are the reason the DDG deal fell through then I'll be the first to criticize them, mainly because DDG doesn't deserve to be treated like a pawn in some silly spat. Has shown nothing but respect to the club during this.

At this stage though I'll back that United did what they needed to do, our work with Navas was sorted. Hopefully the two clubs have enough proof and the deal gets sorted.

Do United fans ever accept that their club maybe, possibly, occasionally ever does anything wrong?

Liverpool make a lot of mistakes, particularly in relation to transfers in/out, but at least we in general are prepared to say so. In fact, many of us are quite critical of the club.

With United, it's always someone else's fault: we were never interested in the player anyway, the player didn't want to move, the other team stuffed up the registration etc.

It's ridiculous.
Might want to check some of the other threads. Plenty of criticism of Uniteds dealings.

Maybe it is like how Liverpool supporters all have a victim mentality. Real, or just how we have come to know think of them even if they are not all like that.

Happy to admit my club has got plenty wrong over the last 20 years and the mistakes are more frequent now than ever.

I keep my melts/rants in the United thread;)

I would also say that you are more critical of your club than most supporters.

I sometimes think our club is comfortable with mediocrity as long as we are sustainable. Need to be ruthless.

Woody is good for bringing in sponsors, players, not so much.

Woody is good for bringing in sponsors, players, not so much.
Oh soz, was talking about Norf.

Woody shouldn't farking accept mediocrity.

The campaigner should learn pretty quickly. He's smarter than most of the people he's dealing with, maybe too smart, i don't know what the problem is.

Oh soz, was talking about Norf.

Woody shouldn't farking accept mediocrity.

The campaigner should learn pretty quickly. He's smarter than most of the people he's dealing with, maybe too smart, i don't know what the problem is.

Lol Norf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If United are the reason the DDG deal fell through then I'll be the first to criticize them, mainly because DDG doesn't deserve to be treated like a pawn in some silly spat. Has shown nothing but respect to the club during this.

At this stage though I'll back that United did what they needed to do, our work with Navas was sorted. Hopefully the two clubs have enough proof and the deal gets sorted.

I'm not just talking about De Gea.

Anyway, we'll see what happens on that one. Surely a way will be found for it to go through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back