Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news surrounding Swallow - has escaped serious knee injury, has bone bruising and swelling but his knee was structurally sound. Will need to pass fitness test during the week to play against the dockers.

Bad news for Ainsworth - is out for 4-6 weeks as he has suffered damage to both his medial and co-lateral ligaments.

Side note - Sam Collins will also have to pass a concussion test to play against his former side.

Good news surrounding Swallow - has escaped serious knee injury, has bone bruising and swelling but his knee was structurally sound. Will need to pass fitness test during the week to play against the dockers.

Bad news for Ainsworth - is out for 4-6 weeks as he has suffered damage to both his medial and co-lateral ligaments.

Side note - Sam Collins will also have to pass a concussion test to play against his former side.
Add Sam Fletcher - medium ankle - 2 weeks.

What’s going to happen to that lowlife that dived dangerously into Ben’s knee and ankle???
Please tell me he is being sanctioned.

What’s going to happen to that lowlife that dived dangerously into Ben’s knee and ankle???
Just bad luck, was not even reported. Just one of those bad incidents.

Only thing was cited was the one on Wil Powell.

St Kilda is also counting its blessings, with star forward Gresham walking away unscathed from the Match Review following his high bump to Gold Coast youngster Wil Powell.

Gresham turned his body before collecting Powell, who was bending to find the footy, but the talented Sun was able to get to his feet and take his high-contact free kick.

However, the incident was thrown out by Christian, with Gresham free to play next week.

Don't go baiting for trolls and abusing players for an innocent act. Nothing more than a standard attempted smother, something you see 100's of times a week in footy from all teams. Play on

You're embarrassing our board and yourself!

Don't go baiting for trolls and abusing players for an innocent act. Nothing more than a standard attempted smother, something you see 100's of times a week in footy from all teams. Play on

You're embarrassing our board and yourself!

When the incident happened there was discussion in the game thread about it being illegal. I used that data.
So I came to a conclusion based on my own and others opinions.
The usuals I’m sure will applaud the embarrassment comment.

Been waiting for an update on Collins. Thanks :thumbsu:

In my opinion

The Webster smother was
- a free kick
- was dangerous with how it was performed
- nothing in the current rules to suggest he should be sanctioned

High likelihood of injury diving at a players planted foot whilst kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The medicos were obviously satisfied that Benny wasn;t going to further damage his knee by sending him back on.
Collins was limping with a knee strapped as well, doubt he'll make it and maybe Day in for him.

Be interesting to see if Swallow will play more forward this year
His contested marking was surprising for me
Seems his kicking for goal has improved a bit too, that one he slotted from out wide left was impressive and clutch.

Be interesting to see if Swallow will play more forward this year
His contested marking was surprising for me
Seems his kicking for goal has improved a bit too, that one he slotted from out wide left was impressive and clutch.

I was sitting with SunsGal briefly when this happened and I said to her 'Great mark but he is no chance. Worst set shot in our side'

I almost choked on my beer when he slotted it!

I was sitting with SunsGal briefly when this happened and I said to her 'Great mark but he is no chance. Worst set shot in our side'

I almost choked on my beer when he slotted it!
Think you've been in Vic for too long old friend, Finger not quite on the pulse anymore :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back