Super Rugby Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Reds vs Crusaders is a great game so far. 20 mins left and they're exhausted already.

McCaw veeeeeeeeeery unlucky to get penalised at the end. Ruck was just collapsing as he came in to go for the ball. Reckon it was a stiff call there. No ruck formed as he went in.

Genia MOTM I think. Awesome in defence and a pillar in attack.

Great game, test match intensity...ref not so good. The last penalty was a bit ridiculous but Dickinson did say to leave it before McCaw grabbed the ball so he has no one to blame. The missed knock on about a minute before was pretty bad, but the Reds had a penalty advantage anyway so would have made the territory irregardless. I think both teams missed 2 or 3 good try scoring opportunities during the match.

Both Quade Cooper and Dan Carter played well. Carter is the complete player but Cooper can be brilliant at times. Great to see such a huge crowd too. Maybe we'll see a rematch in the finals.

Good to hear the Reds won.

Did anyone see the match between I think it was the Highlanders and other team? There was a brawl, thanks to a terrible tackle when one guy grabbed the opponents neck and twisted it. The team reacted, and they got penalised for retailiating.

What a joke - that sort of garbage is what turns people off the game of union.

McCaw veeeeeeeeeery unlucky to get penalised at the end. Ruck was just collapsing as he came in to go for the ball. Reckon it was a stiff call there. No ruck formed as he went in.

Genia MOTM I think. Awesome in defence and a pillar in attack.

Absolutely. I couldn't believe it, very very lucky. Stu helped us win the game imo. Mind you, apparently from some friends who watched on tv, he told McCaw to not touch it, so i guess if that was the case it would justified?

The atmosphere was amazing at Suncorp, bought my tickets a bit late so I was stuck at the very top of the stadium on the Eastern stand, but still the atmosphere was incredible. Never seen anything like it (for a rugby game).

I thought Samo was incredible, he was on angry pills today.

Yeh Samo was great. Rob Simmons too. Those 2 and Genia were the 3 best Reds IMO.

Beau Robinson, if he was able to play a full game, would have been MOTM had he kept playing the way he was. Let's hope he isn't out for too long. Dislocated elbow I heard. He was playing himself into the back up spot to Pocock in the Wallabies.

Did anyone see the match between I think it was the Highlanders and other team? There was a brawl, thanks to a terrible tackle when one guy grabbed the opponents neck and twisted it. The team reacted, and they got penalised for retailiating.

Yes I saw the Highlanders game. There goes any chance at the Finals. In other Highlanders news, they're apparently dropping Otago's Blue and Southland's Maroon for a shade of Lime Green next year to coincide with their new Stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[YOUTUBE]W_4S5aM1yfQ[/YOUTUBE]

Huge upset. Credit to the Brumbies, they played their hearts out tonight and Phibbs looked a different player. Interesting to note, the Brumbies are really the only team since the Waratahs that really tried to attack at the breakdown. Very interesting, I think teams will look to target that going into the finals.

In terms of the Reds, what a costly game. Ioane, Genia and Lucas injured. No bonus point. Forwards completely dominated and Cooper making silly mistakes. Not a good sign going into the finals.

Yeah colours aside, there's some insanity going on with my Highlanders these days. Jimmy Cowan has been dropped to the bench for this weekend vs the 'Tahs. If we win there's still a chance at a Finals berth. It'll help if the Bulls lose big to the Stormers at Newlands.

Force vs Reds was a great game. Force deserved to win but Reds showed how good they are by winning when they were clearly the 2nd best side on the park.

Crusaders should've wrapped up top spot in NZ but will need a massive upset to finish in the top 2. NSW need results to go their way to make top 6. Blues should roll Highlanders. Chiefs more than capable of upsetting QLD.

Rebels need to beat the Force to avoid coming last as the Lions have the bye.

Tahs very lucky that Bulls and Sharks are playing each other in the last round. Ensures that (given they get over the Brumbies) they will make the finals as the Sharks and Bulls are the other teams battling it out for the final 2 spots in the finals.

Whoever wins out of Sharks and Bulls will go through and if the Tahs win, they go through as well. If they lose, there will be 3 SA sides in the finals...gross.

Pocock is amazing. He gets to so many contests on the ground and affects the game in so many ways.

Force backrow is outstandingly good. None better in the comp. The whole team works with such heart but they just don't have the overall talent to finish it off. If they had a bit more firepower in the backline, they'd be a finals side I reckon. Their pack is good enough but they need some more ability to work with JOC. Cummins is solid and capable of being a good player but if Mitch Inman can turn into a really good 13 (and I think he can) and they can get a really solid 12 on their books they would look the goods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back