Off-topic Survivor: Cockburn. Banter and gossip thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much, but you've been disagreeing rather strongly with griff of late.

Yea I would call it tension, everytime posters have had a strong and public dislike of each other for a decent period of time. Don't care if it's Morgs, a female or a male, so I'm not sure if you're trying your hand at gender politics or what.
It's usually just referred to as a s**t fight, I haven't seen many people saying there is tension between Bosk and Nakia for example :drunk:

Not much, but you've been disagreeing rather strongly with griff of late.

Yea I would call it tension, everytime posters have had a strong and public dislike of each other for a decent period of time. Don't care if it's Morgs, a female or a male, so I'm not sure if you're trying your hand at gender politics or what.
Bull*******s**t lol It's cool just own it. You'll get splinters in your arse from sitting on that fence Switzerland ...

It's usually just referred to as a s**t fight, I haven't seen many people saying there is tension between Bosk and Nakia for example :drunk:
And?

It's a phrase/word used irregardless of gender, but s**t fight is more common as it easier to write and probably more appropriate.

Bull*******s**t lol It's cool just own it. You'll get splinters in your arse from sitting on that fence Switzerland ...
Own what, using the word tension only on females or you, lol. Just creating another potential s**t fight out of nothing, again.

Last edited:
I mean, stay but talk about funnier stuff. Morganlights especially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have you to thank DL! You don't mind if I call you DL do you?

I can go with ODL if I should be more formal?

I like it because it's interchangeable. DoPe LaD

Or not wotev

Challenge #16 Entry

I guess I should have prepared a response for this when I wrote the bloody challenge…

Mascot and Team name

I think it’s important that the name and mascot relate back to the heritage of Cockburn, and how it came to be named what it is, as told by Stronzo. So…..

m2aRacq.jpg

Meet Fireball Ricky, the mascot of the latest AFL franchise - The Cockburn Fireballs

f6RHio1.png

You’ll note that Ricky has in his hot little hands some of the local product – pure Cockburn Coke Beach Sand. Fireball Ricky will do the rounds of the ground before the game, handing out these little satchels of goodness to the men, women and children in the crowd.

Exuberant cheering assured.

Jumper Design

pgwVZmQ.png

Again, in keeping with how the place came to be known as Cockburn, I’ve kept this pretty traditional. The background of the jumper is a shot of Cockburn’s famous Coke beach, as identified by Allikat.

On the front, there is an artist’s interpretation of that fateful day, when Ricky’s wedding vegetables caught alight.

The socks, again, pay homage to Cockburn’s greatest asset. The aqua symbolising the water, the white symbolising the beautiful beach.

Each white line on each sock is embroided with the head of Jake Carlisle, in honour of his famous visit to our shores.

Inaugural Coach

In what could very well be the biggest coup for the Cockburn Fireballs, we’ve managed to line up, as the coach, the one and only…

Sx2QCaD.jpg

JoseMourinho

There are lots of reasons to be excited about this signing. Why Jose for coach? Well:
  • We’ve reportedly stolen him out from the grasps of one of the biggest football franchises in the world – Manchester United (correct at time of writing….)
  • Weekly Power Rankings for all of the team’s players – the playing list has to know where they stand.
  • He’s from Portugal – so he’s spent time living it up down ol’s South America way* – the white powder playground. He’ll know how to get the team up and about with the ‘resources’ available to him.
*That’d be the second Arrested Development reference in this thread, after Mr. Manager…

Inaugural Captain

After all the work we collectively put into finding Trent Cotchin at Cockburn, it just has to be him.

Why Trent?:
  • He’s currently scattered all over the island thanks to Dinsdale, so he should come cheap :drunk: I suppose we better get to work stitching him back together…
  • Generally predictable wind conditions at Cockburn Sound.
Marquee Signing

I’ve had a chat to my Spirit Guide and resident Cockburn Lady of the Swamp Jack Watts. He’s agreed that finally, after all these years, it’s time for a fresh start somewhere else!

kJdUrrC.png

Why Jack as the marquee signing?
  • He has spent a solid pre-season out of the swamp and down at the beach. The levels of energy he’ll be bringing to the field this season will surely get supporters through the gates!
  • He handles pressure and expectation well.
  • The club has managed to cut him a side deal with Cockburn Cement to help him harden the **** up.

Team to be Removed from the Competition

All sporting competitions are more interesting when teams are evenly matched, and you can never be sure who is going to win on any given day.

The spreading of premierships around the competition is also a good thing. It delivers hope to the great unwashed.

Additionally, Victoria clearly has too many AFL teams. That has been patently obvious for years.

I’ve not yet discussed this with AFLHQ_, but……

lWSBGVH.png

Cya Hawthorn. Go and make your own league you greedy campaigners. We don’t need you.

Additionally, the Cockburn Fireballs is now the team of choice for LGBT AFL supporters.

In addition….

To help build the identity of Cockburn:

Pre-game routine:

Each player must kiss ‘Ricky’s Junk Urn' before each game for good luck.

MumijVi.jpg

An unfortunate fate awaits any player who fails to do this.

Team song:

Finally, I thought it would be worth coming up with a team song. So, set to the tune of Jerry Lee Lewis’s Great Balls of Fire…

Coke shakes my nerves and rattles my brain
Too much beach sand drives a man insane
You broke my will, kick me the pill
We’re the Cockburn great balls of fire

Ricky’s junk can’t be fixed just by money
Down at the swamp Jack’s acting real funny
I changed my mind, do another line

You scored a goal baby, woo, it feels good
Hold me baby, our captain’s vanished from da hood
Winning’s fine, you’ll find that premiership cup is gonna be mine mine mine mine

I chew my nails and I twitch my thumbs
Yes I’m high but it helps me run
Fireballs baby, we’ll drive you crazy
Nope, not good enough.

Red mist confirmed immunity.

There are lots of reasons to be excited about this signing. Why Jose for coach? Well:
  • We’ve reportedly stolen him out from the grasps of one of the biggest football franchises in the world – Manchester United (correct at time of writing….)
  • Weekly Power Rankings for all of the team’s players – the playing list has to know where they stand.
  • He’s from Portugal – so he’s spent time living it up down ol’s South America way* – the white powder playground. He’ll know how to get the team up and about with the ‘resources’ available to him.
Much rather Jose at united.

Win some trophies and give pep guardiola an aneurysm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back