Survivor Series (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

tJaBJjl.gif

So Lesnar beats up Randy Orton until the point of needing to be dragged off him but can't last a minute with Goldberg.

I'll admit I marked out like a bitch and was 10 years old again for the pin fall but once I had 5 seconds to process I'm left going WHAT THE *

Initial thoughts:

-Right call to keep the IC title on Smackdown, expect a Ziggler/Miz blowoff match at TLC
-I like that they kept the Orton-Wyatt alliance going rather than going the predictable route of Orton turning on Wyatt
-WWE definitely went the predictable route with keeping the shows looking fairly equal, giving RAW the two "lesser" matches and Smackdown the big one
-I feel like it would have made more sense to move the cruiserweight division to Smackdown since they're getting their own show directly after it anyway although I suppose RAW needs them to pad out the 3-hour run-time

Mixed thoughts on the Lesnar-Goldberg match. I'll reserve judgement until we see where this goes. Seems pretty clear that the match was so short to protect Goldberg who wouldn't have been up to a match that lasted more than 5-10 minutes at his age and having not wrestled for so long.

Suspect this will lead to a story-line revolving around Lesnar having gotten too overconfident and complacent having been so dominant for so long and will now be on the warpath to redeem himself after being embarrassed.

The shock's over, the anger's kicking in!

The video package lasted longer than the match. They built it up for two ******* months, basically, just to have the beast that defeated Undertaker's WrestleMania streak to job out to a bald-hairy-on-the-chest dude that hasn't wrestled in over 12 years. GO * YOURSELF WWE.

What a great PPV, skipped the Divas match which sounds like it was a botch fest anyway, but the rest of the show was good.

Roman lost! Amazing, obviously booked to be the big star who nearly took out all of SD on his own, but at least he lost in the end. Only worry with Wyatt being booked strong is where does he go? Cant feud with Styles, so hopefully they don't give the title to Ambrose for Wyatt to push into the main event

Goldberg wins!!! Great to see the drug cheat completely squashed, sure its disappointing the match was so short but who cares, GOLDBERG WINS!!!

What a great PPV, skipped the Divas match which sounds like it was a botch fest anyway, but the rest of the show was good.

Roman lost! Amazing, obviously booked to be the big star who nearly took out all of SD on his own, but at least he lost in the end. Only worry with Wyatt being booked strong is where does he go? Cant feud with Styles, so hopefully they don't give the title to Ambrose for Wyatt to push into the main event

Goldberg wins!!! Great to see the drug cheat completely squashed, sure its disappointing the match was so short but who cares, GOLDBERG WINS!!!

Lesnar got done for roids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Lesnar beats up Randy Orton until the point of needing to be dragged off him but can't last a minute with Goldberg.

I'll admit I marked out like a bitch and was 10 years old again for the pin fall but once I had 5 seconds to process I'm left going WHAT THE ****

Iv'e gone off wrestling It's too much of a soap opera and the matches are too staged now. I liked it back in the day when it was just pure wrestling and the only time you heard a wrestler speak is when they trashed talk his opponent before entering the ring.

Can't believe I contemplated watching this after work. Glad I didn't.

I don't think anyone expected a 30 minute iron man match, but no run-ins, no spots, nothing to hide their weaknesses, just a simple 2 minute squash?

Close to done.

Also, it's an indictment on the company that the roster strength is arguably the best it's ever been, but the production is the worst it's ever been.

Can't believe I contemplated watching this after work. Glad I didn't.

I don't think anyone expected a 30 minute iron man match, but no run-ins, no spots, nothing to hide their weaknesses, just a simple 2 minute squash?

Close to done.

I just watch the old school wrestling on the WWE Network now.

So just to summarise -

They end the streak , the best thing they had going for the old-schoolers and the once-a-year WM viewers.
Also their greatest remaining link to " the Golden era "
Kills Taker , the character that took 20 years to build up.

I'll get to Brock in a sec but let me stay on Taker for a second.

12 months later , Bray Wyatt starts mouthing off like a dickhead at Taker , calling him washed up etc.
It's meant to put himself over but common sense says it just makes him look weak and smarmy - Giving s**t to a bloke who's well and truly at the end of his shelf life.

Then he LOSES to Taker at WM......

So it's like " Next time Bray mouths off at anyone , are you gonna take him serious ???......"

So there's 2 characters ruined.

Back to Brock.

OK
You've pulled the pin , no going back now , Brock has to dominate.
And he does , makes the Big Show look more of a bitch than he ever has before , some may argue otherwise but LEGIT-THREAT Big SHow died after that.

3 characters.

Then he gets to the big fish

Everyone knows i'm a Cena mark so i probably judge the decision to have the match they had more harshly but can anyone argue that Cena's character has ever recovered kayfabe-wise ???.
Squashed Superman.

4 characters.

Well * , where do we go from here ?

I KNOW , TIME TO PUSH A YOUNG STAR !!!!!

tug-of-war.jpg

" No dramas " you say

5 ruined

You get the feeling someone upstairs loves their cocaine.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back