2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

... and I must say "I do not believe he exists - Ling" has elite skills

Limited vision with which to go by but from what I’ve seen he has composure, generally a very good decision maker and he is a “creative” kick of the ball.

By creative I mean (not so much today) the way he is able to almost deliberately kick the ball off the side of the boot to hit angles. He showed it playing juniors too. I don’t think we have another player on our list that can do that.

Looking forward to him getting more games under his belt.

Last edited:
Odds for Ling to play a senior game?

Not anytime soon I wouldn’t have thought. Still getting his feel for the game back but you can see what he is able to offer.

Loves a tackle too. Can see him eventually becoming outside/inside as he doesn’t shirk the contest and earlier backed himself into a marking contest (and came off second best).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Limited vision but he has composure, generally a very good decision and he is a “creative” kick of the ball.

By creative I mean (not so much today) the way he is able to almost deliberately kick the ball off the side of the boot to hit angles. He showed it playing juniors too. I don’t think we have another player on our list that can do that.

Have I misunderstood your post? I was most impressed by how the Kid read the ball and put in

Have I misunderstood your post? I was most impressed by how the Kid read the ball and put in

You have. I like him.

(Limited vision is OF Ling from my perspective, not a flaw for Ling, but I see how you read it that way).

Otherwise I can see Horsey debuting Ling in the back pocket as a long term replacement for Smith. "If only he would kick it sideways or preferably backwards." said a certain Clydesdale.

He looks too creative for that, even Horse would recognise that...

Wing or half back I would expect. We will want to get the ball into his hands.

I can see Ling playing better at the highest level, it’s easy to see why we selected him when we did. He is one player that has class written all over him in my opinion!

His ball use is so good, I fear he will be used just in returning the ball from when it goes over the goal umps hat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back