2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Who? Obviously done nothing as I watch the games.
He is a smooth moving, fast and very tough kid.
Great hands and smart.
Probably haven't seen much of him in NEAFL because he would have been played out of position and struggled to get any ball with senior players being very selective with who the pass too.
Watch the games, see the academy kids get into good position to receive, then have the ball kicked to a 2 on 1 somewhere else.
I rate this kid as probably better then the mid touted as top 10, due to his toughness and willingness to get dirty for the team.
My opinion, but again, a kid overlooked due to his stats.

Great hands and smart.
Probably haven't seen much of him in NEAFL because he would have been played out of position and struggled to get any ball with senior players being very selective with who the pass too.
Watch the games, see the academy kids get into good position to receive, then have the ball kicked to a 2 on 1 somewhere else.
I rate this kid as probably better then the mid touted as top 10, due to his toughness and willingness to get dirty for the team.
I think the NEAFL guys are embracing the academy kids a bit more this year. Having said that the listed players have trained intensively together and so do tend to know where each other is. I know that the swans take into account the fact that top ups have a difficult role and they don't expect a top up to come in and play a high stats, central role. However a top up who takes his chances, executes cleanly and shows he can handle afl listed bodies will do ok.
At the end of the day the neafl is about preparing listed players for senior team roles. Top ups are secondary and so will get the least gametime and play in minor positions. As parents we get pretty frustrated at times when our sons don't seem to get opportunities in neafl, I know I went through a couple of years with my son as a top up in neafl. However if the player has some thing special, tremendous burst speed, very clean hands and decision making, it doesn't many touches for the swans to become interested.

Great hands and smart.
Fair enough, I see more of Kilpatrick, McKellar, Pawle and co but haven’t seen this kid.

I think the NEAFL guys are embracing the academy kids a bit more this year. Having said that the listed players have trained intensively together and so do tend to know where each other is. I know that the swans take into account the fact that top ups have a difficult role and they don't expect a top up to come in and play a high stats, central role. However a top up who takes his chances, executes cleanly and shows he can handle afl listed bodies will do ok.
At the end of the day the neafl is about preparing listed players for senior team roles. Top ups are secondary and so will get the least gametime and play in minor positions. As parents we get pretty frustrated at times when our sons don't seem to get opportunities in neafl, I know I went through a couple of years with my son as a top up in neafl. However if the player has some thing special, tremendous burst speed, very clean hands and decision making, it doesn't many touches for the swans to become interested.
Yep.
I agree.

It actually depends on where the calf is strained.

I did a grade 1 strain a few years ago Fencing and was back up and competing two weeks later. I could nearly guarantee that Cameron would be getting better care than myself as well.
It does, but I imagine jumping isn't a normal thing in fencing :think:

Still, if he's on the park next week, I'm happy because we desperately need the depth! Shouldn't stop us from taking a ruck in the mid-season though, given Naismith is extremely unlikely to play this year.

Search up fencing flunge then.

Fencing is 95% footwork base, you are essentially in a permanent squat motion with regular explosive lunges and acceleration, it is brutal on your legs.

Hoping the Swans upgrade Wicks with one of their list positions this year. The kid sure can play and deserves a crack.

Only a matter of time IMO. His tackling numbers are huge (which we know Horse loves) and as I said a few weeks ago, Wicks is the pick of this year's draftees in the NEAFL for me. (Not including Blakey and Rowbottom who have also played reserves level this year)

Still, if he's on the park next week, I'm happy because we desperately need the depth! Shouldn't stop us from taking a ruck in the mid-season though, given Naismith is extremely unlikely to play this year.
It is when you need the pole to go deeper in the ground and you don't have a mallet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast SUNS (7th) v Sydney Swans (3rd) at Metricon Stadium, 11am
Click here for live stream

GOLD COAST
B: 13. C Ah Chee 21. J Leslie 45. J Dawson
HB: 17. C Ellis 46. C Graham 43. J McLennan
C: 42. C Nutting 35. M Rischitelli 36. J Schoenfeld
HF: 47. S Fletcher 12. S Day 33. G Horlin-Smith
F: 56. R Gilmore 32. B Crossley 57. J Mentha
R: 22. T Nicholls 40. J Heron 7. W Brodie
Int: 53. R Buckland 55. C Joyce 54. L McDonald 49. M Selsby 50. E Semaan
Emg: 51. B Deslandes
In: 33. George Horlin-Smith 13. C Ah Chee 47. S Fletcher 32. B Crossley 55. C Joyce 49. M Selsby 50. E Semaan 53. R Buckland 57. J Mentha
Out: 29. Chris Burgess (AFL) 34. Ben King (AFL) 38. Jesse Joyce (AFL) 47. Hewago Paul Oea (Allies) 49. Alex Davies (Allies) 53. Connor Budarick (Allies) 55. Josh Gore (Allies) 48. Fitzroy Greenwool (unavailable)
New: 49. M Selsby
SYDNEY
B: 52. J Pawle 47. T Pink 33. R Stoddart
HB: 51. R Barkley 55. H Maguire 53. K McKellar
C: 32. J Bell 49. C Kilpatrick 25. B Ronke
HF: 16. Z Foot 45. S Wicks 8. J Rowbottom
F: 19. M Ling 46. J Amartey 2. D Menzel
R: 17. D Cameron 27. J McInerney 1. J Rose
Int: 56. N Brewer 48. K Martin 54. L Swaney 57. T Tyson 59. R van Huisstede
Emg: N/A.
In: 48. K Martin 57. T Tyson 59. R van Huisstede 55. H Maguire
Out: 4. R Clarke (AFL) 31. H Reynolds (injured) 55. S Gaden (Academy)
New: 48. K Martin

I hope too.

And the club has been truthful and accurate in its injury reporting. Oh wait, is that Nick Smith, Sam Reid and Sam Naismith yelling from the background?

Yeah, there's no such thing as a 1-week calf strain.

Might want to stick to your blog...at this rate you’ll be as accurate as Damian Barrett!

Well he was in the senior team and then he wasn't. Some folks on here reckon it was because he was dropped. If that was the case he'd be in the NEAFL wouldn't he.

He's clearly injured.
Like Grundy was dropped last year? He wasn’t injured, he was suffering but he damn well wasn’t injured!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back