Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Brenton Sanderson at around 10.30 on SENs Vicar of Whately show gave a terrific preview of the Bloods and Giants game with some decent analysis of both teams .
A good listen.. Sanderson has high praise for both teams.. pretty fair assessment
scroll down to the sanderson section.. Swans v Giants starts at 18:50

Oof. Fox doubling down on the Sydney banter..

The dirty little secret of Sydney’s 6-1 start is they haven’t played anybody since mid-March.

That is just a bizarre article.

It honestly looks like they were desperate for a reason to put the Swans down;
You have to go back to Round 1 against Collingwood – when the premiers just didn’t look right – or Opening Round against Melbourne – which was a weirdly slippery night and hardly felt reflective of the Demons’ true talent level – for the last time Sydney passed a proper test.

So we win because the oppo doesn't look right or because it's a slippery night (which last time I checked both teams had to play on)?

But GWS beating a woefully disinterested bunch of witches hats in Brisbane is the win of the year?

As Jewelsbon says above Brisbane are currently 13th and look like they've packed up for the season.

Very odd.

Separate interview with Florent about his re-signing.

Now compared to the Fox Footy dross I really enjoyed reading that article.

Florent, who is originally from Melbourne, can’t say for sure what other options he had on the table because he was so set on remaining at the Swans that he didn’t even ask his manager who else was interested.

He does know he could have earned more money by leaving but with the Swans staring through a wide-open premiership window, he never seriously entertained the thought.

Being with my best mates and playing footy together, and living in North Bondi, it’s something that I didn’t want to give up. I wanted to put my mental health and welfare before anything else, really.

👏

Without getting into a debate about Will Hayward's worth/market value, given the way Florent talks it wouldn't be easy for Will to leave his mates.

“Me and Will are so close, we’ve just spent so much time together, and I want us to win a premiership together."

Florent, who is originally from Melbourne, can’t say for sure what other options he had on the table because he was so set on remaining at the Swans that he didn’t even ask his manager who else was interested.

He does know he could have earned more money by leaving but with the Swans staring through a wide-open premiership window, he never seriously entertained the thought.

Being with my best mates and playing footy together, and living in North Bondi, it’s something that I didn’t want to give up. I wanted to put my mental health and welfare before anything else, really.

👏

Without getting into a debate about Will Hayward's worth/market value, given the way Florent talks it wouldn't be easy for Will to leave his mates.

“Me and Will are so close, we’ve just spent so much time together, and I want us to win a premiership together."
Agreed hairy. Dare I say it, it would be akin to Ross cheating on Rachel.

Florent is stating quite clearly here that he and Will are most definitely NOT on a break.

Fox Footy mentioned Andrew McGrath’s re-signing but failed to mention Ollie Florent. I guess Florent his back to being a “spud”. Was nice having Fox Footy think he was a “gun” for awhile

👏

Yep, my thoughts exactly! Will be very, very hard for Wilbur to leave... but I still think he should know exactly what he's giving up to stay, give him incentive to make sure that if he does stay, he puts his heart and soul into it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is just a bizarre article.

It honestly looks like they were desperate for a reason to put the Swans down;
You have to go back to Round 1 against Collingwood – when the premiers just didn’t look right – or Opening Round against Melbourne – which was a weirdly slippery night and hardly felt reflective of the Demons’ true talent level – for the last time Sydney passed a proper test.

So we win because the oppo doesn't look right or because it's a slippery night (which last time I checked both teams had to play on)?

But GWS beating a woefully disinterested bunch of witches hats in Brisbane is the win of the year?

As Jewelsbon says above Brisbane are currently 13th and look like they've packed up for the season.

Very odd.
Suns are on track for finals. Lions are gunning for a top 10 pick.

Eagles are level with Lions on points.....

Thanks Lachlan! All anyone needs to do is expand your screen after clicking on the tweet.

He was on that mid-week tackle program during the week so certainly doing his bit.

Can you recall which day? Ive been skipping it because Jay Clarke drives me nuts.
I find Clarke the least painful of the rotating cast (albeit he is the non-rotator).

I don’t think the contribution from McKirdy was substantial or sufficiently thought provoking to send anyone scurrying to watch the segment. It was as though he was there just to remind the viewers that there are a couple of ok teams in NSW.

Only question now is do we prioritise Lachlan's re-signing ahead of Logan? :think:

He has been a breath of fresh air.

Along with Gemma Bastiani at the AFL we now have two knowledgeable and committed reporters covering the Swans. :)
And Bastiani is a gun commentator in the VFL too!

Can you recall which day? Ive been skipping it because Jay Clarke drives me nuts.
Jay Clark is the absolute pits.

Many in the footy media scrum are ignorant and disinterested towards the non-Victorian clubs, but I don't buy that any of them actually hate them or have a vested interest in seeing them fail.

Clark absolutely hates them and have heard from a reliable source if he had his way it would be the 10 Vic clubs like it once was.

Jay Clark is the absolute pits.

Many in the footy media scrum are ignorant and disinterested towards the non-Victorian clubs, but I don't buy that any of them actually hate them or have a vested interest in seeing them fail.

Clark absolutely hates them and have heard from a reliable source if he had his way it would be the 10 Vic clubs like it once was.
And yet, his son is a Swans supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back