1. Swans undefeated - nearly a ✅
2. Minor premiers - ✅
3. Heeney our best player - ✅
4. Hayward breakout year - ✅
5. Fast players as key to premiership - ✅
6. Pick Wicks campaign - ✅
7. Grundy our best ever ruck - ✅

Solid outing on On The Couch.

Obviously there is the mandated 5 minutes on Nick Daicos. Two other segments on Collingwood. (At least) 10 minutes on Essendon after they overpowered the might of North Melbourne. Harley Reid finally got some media attention.

We scraped in for a brief reference at the end to Parker's bump and Carlton suck at tackling.
So the media think tackling is important hey

Interesting

The thing is - we are the straight bat of teams atm.

No nail-biting finishes of old which garner the excitement of discussion and viewership. These types of games will always dominate the footy news on Monday. Who doesn't love an upset and exciting finish?

As for the players causing controversy, they had to manufacture an issue to get headlines.

Horse gives them nothing. Our president & CEO are too smart for them by half.

We are the Malinois sitting in the corner supreme in its ability and they're just letting the sleeping dog lie because a pissed off Malinois will mess you up.

Solid outing on On The Couch.

Obviously there is the mandated 5 minutes on Nick Daicos. Two other segments on Collingwood. (At least) 10 minutes on Essendon after they overpowered the might of North Melbourne. Harley Reid finally got some media attention.

We scraped in for a brief reference at the end to Parker's bump and Carlton suck at tackling.
On the Couch has now gone the same way as SEN. Will only watch it on replay. Can only listen to SEN as a normal rule via their podcasts. I listened to the means test today live only because the breakfast crew podcast wasn't up yet.
If OtC seem to have now gone back to this ridiculous concept of having a guest on every week which means that 33% of their show is dedicated to this guest. I had absolutely zero interest in listening to Stringer, so I fast forwarded it. Kept moving the ff to see a flicker of our game until I came to the realisation that we were not going to be discussed at all, AGAIN. OtC only has 45 minutes of actual on air time with 15 minutes of ads. Of those 45 minutes, Stringer was on for 15. That is a third of their show wasted on someone I had no interest in listening to. As a result of this, they are then left with 30 minutes to discuss 9 matches. Well not really as they waste 5 minutes with "the good, the bad, the ugly". So 25 minutes for 9 matches = 2.777 per game in theory. With all the carry on they go through at the start, where left with less than 2 minutes per game. Obviously, they will spend around 10 minutes talking about Collingwood every show so the likes of the Swans can "whistle dixie".

On the Couch has now gone the same way as SEN. Will only watch it on replay. Can only listen to SEN as a normal rule via their podcasts. I listened to the means test today live only because the breakfast crew podcast wasn't up yet.
If OtC seem to have now gone back to this ridiculous concept of having a guest on every week which means that 33% of their show is dedicated to this guest. I had absolutely zero interest in listening to Stringer, so I fast forwarded it. Kept moving the ff to see a flicker of our game until I came to the realisation that we were not going to be discussed at all, AGAIN. OtC only has 45 minutes of actual on air time with 15 minutes of ads. Of those 45 minutes, Stringer was on for 15. That is a third of their show wasted on someone I had no interest in listening to. As a result of this, they are then left with 30 minutes to discuss 9 matches. Well not really as they waste 5 minutes with "the good, the bad, the ugly". So 25 minutes for 9 matches = 2.777 per game in theory. With all the carry on they go through at the start, where left with less than 2 minutes per game. Obviously, they will spend around 10 minutes talking about Collingwood every show so the likes of the Swans can "whistle dixie".

Yeah no idea why they put an interview in, it's an utter waste. Do they think they don't have enough to fill the hour??

Was so much better with Gerrard and Mike Sheehan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be something the Swans have done to the media outlets that have caused us to be treated like rangy dogs. I can understand Whately completely ignoring us but to have On the Couch do exactly the same - WOW. Just wait till we lose a game. They will be all over themselves talking about the side that has just beaten us.

Was so much better with Gerrard and Mike Sheehan
It was a great show in the early days with Gerard. Mike Sheehan and Robert Walls. I don't mind Buckley but bringing Brown in as one of the three was the worst mistake ever made imo. I know some will disagree with that, but I can't stand his "listen to me" attitude.

It was a great show in the early days with Gerard. Mike Sheehan and Robert Walls. I don't mind Buckley but bringing Brown in as one of the three was the worst mistake ever made imo. I know some will disagree with that, but I can't stand his "listen to me" attitude.
I really enjoy Buckley too, especially on SEN and find myself agreeing with a lot. Also completely agree on Brown. He adds absolutely nothing to the show.

There must be something the Swans have done to the media outlets that have caused us to be treated like rangy dogs. I can understand Whately completely ignoring us but to have On the Couch do exactly the same - WOW. Just wait till we lose a game. They will be all over themselves talking about the side that has just beaten us.
I just think it is a Melbourne Media that knows what side its head is buttered on.
It has to pander to the Melbourne fans who are their lifeblood. Talking about Sydney is like talking up Academies. You just can't do it day in and day out without pissing off the majority of listeners at SEN and the majority of fans who adore Bounce and On The Couch. and AFL 360 and all the major publications. Talking about Sydney is like .............95% of fans just stopped listening or got angry about Academies. They would rather hear about how bad Carlton or Hawthorn are going and their woes than a successful Sydney side filled with 15 academy players.

a poster used the word 'disrespectful' to describe the medias treatment of the Swans.
The individuals in the media are allowed to be..
- biased (especially for the team they played for), allowed to be controversial, they're allowed to simply get things wrong and in the case of robbo, they're allowed to be drunks who turn up to the opening show 30mins late.... Im ok with all of that,,, but..
The one thing the media is not allowed is to be disrespectful! OtC and 360 (to name two of many) have been Disrespectful to the Swans players, the coaches, the entire club.. and absolutely disrespected the over 2 000 000 Swans fans.

I won't be watching the couch or 360 again.

TLDR?

Trent Lennis Dennis-Rane?

I always think that too when I see those capitals. I somehow try to get Trent Dennis Lane into .....and then I give up.

All I get is Trent Lewis Dennis Roberts (née Thomson-Lane)
It means too long; didn't read. Either used at the bottom of a long post to summerise the post quickly or in response to someone's post you didn't care for because it was too long and you didn't read it

It means too long; didn't read. Either used at the bottom of a long post to summerise the post quickly or in response to someone's post you didn't care for because it was too long and you didn't read it
I'm sure you're right, but your explanation was too long; didn't read

I was listening to it live, so it wasn't edited out of the podcast.
I can guarantee 100% they wouldn't miss anything if Geelong were winning matches.
We keep saying it and it continues to be proven - Whately hates the Swans.
IMG_1969.jpeg

I tape them all and watch what i want , OTC is still a good show and i enjoy them and don't really need a lot of Swans on there and the interviews are good , just don't need John Ralph . 360 has 2 morons and i watch the start with Chad and then ff to the coaches segment .
We should get more mentions , but rather win the flag and the last 2 days ive heard more on us that ive heard for a few years

I actually disagree with the premise. It’s easy to look at a recent instance of something being successful, attribute it to one factor or tactic that was implemented in that instance and anoint it as “the answer”.

But on the whole we’ve not been dominant out of centre bounces this year.

Dominance like that depends on a period of ruck taps to the right place.

If we do that all the time, other teams will come up with ways to counteract it.

I don’t believe there is a single style of tactic (in a part of the ground) that works all the time. Flexibility and variety are valuable components.

Indeed, one of the things I’ve been impressed with this year (and that gives me as much optimism as our ladder position) is that we’ve won in different ways. That third quarter on Friday was the first time we’ve gone into full beast mode this year. It was beautiful to watch but I doubt any team can play like that for four quarters every week. At other times (eg against Freo and Hawthorn) we seemed almost content to let the opposition rack up clearances, relying more on our turnover prowess and ability to punish heavily.
I have a tehory that Grundy still taps to the oppposition but our mids have so many years of sharking the taps of dominant opposition rucks they're conditioned to run to the spot Grundy is tapping to anyway.

A classic case of two wrongs making a right. Try coaching against something we don't even realise we do. No wonder Cripps was wondering around looking like he'd lost his nanny and throwing tantrums.

Interesting to see Newman pop up as probably their best. What with Hewett there too, if we give Carlton a few more players they might almost have a decent team.

Will update as the podcasts are loaded up - so dont forget to come back for another look.

Haha - Bucks talk about us hassling them for lack of Swans love. First up and then last item which includes a mention of JJ/Swans tagging along as part of the art of tagging.

The Ratings from Whately and King - Swans first Daylight 2nd lol

Good work us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back