Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Lots of great Swan podcasts out there people can listen to. You can't link to those podcasts due to BF Rules but I can give everyone 4 of my favourites.
TrueBloods Footy podcast
A Bevy of Bloods
DonniesDisposal which covers not only the Swans but Australian Footy in general AFLW & VFL as well
AFL Today Show on Youtube: This one is more rounded but given one of the panellists is a Swans fan we get our fair share of discussion on the podcast
AFL Today is great. That and the Mongrel Punt are my go to media.

Lachlan McKirdy
@LMcKirdy7

Tom McCartin will miss this week again for the Swans.John Longmire confirmed that the key defender has been training strongly this week since his concussion, but the Thursday night game counted against him. He now also has the benefit of an extra week off with the bye.

No surprise

Swans chat last section of this

Good chat about tagging to start
One thing that I haven't heard highlighted in the media is how tagging has changed over time. Traditionally it was about stopping the oppos best midfielder.. now its about stopping the oppos 'most damaging' player.
I dont think Horse has been given enough credit for this.. We've seen Hayward tag the oppos best intercept defender, Clarke and now Jordan have tagged the oppos best rebounding defender (and inside mid - albeit, from the half forward line!).
Along with the emerging importance of the half back line (remember complaining about how many skinny half back flankers we would draft?), the importance of players being able to play multiple positions (remember complaining that Mills or Heeney etc should be played in one position?),, the change in the tagging role is another area of the ever evolving game that Horse has seen and done something about ahead of all other coaches
Kudos to you Horse - Good Job.

Big footy is a privately owned site. They have a right to set those rules and as users we have all agreed to abide by those rules.

Feel free to take that discussion up with Chief if you so wish.
That rule has been there since i started and i think it's a good one . If you want to find a podcast it's easy to do .
BF is a business and they don't want people going elsewhere and not here .
I learnt the hard way early on about it , but understand it.

I just think it is a Melbourne Media that knows what side its head is buttered on.
It has to pander to the Melbourne fans who are their lifeblood. Talking about Sydney is like talking up Academies. You just can't do it day in and day out without pissing off the majority of listeners at SEN and the majority of fans who adore Bounce and On The Couch. and AFL 360 and all the major publications. Talking about Sydney is like .............95% of fans just stopped listening or got angry about Academies. They would rather hear about how bad Carlton or Hawthorn are going and their woes than a successful Sydney side filled with 15 academy players.
You may be right as they are quite prepared to talk about other interstate sides, just not Sydney. I am so tired of Melbourne clubs bitching about the academies. Where would Collingwood be with Moore, Daicos x 2 & Quaynor. Or the dogs without Libba, Darcy and West to a lesser extent.
Where's the equity of the competition when Collingwood plays 14 games at their home ground. Plays Anzac day every year. Plays in most of the blockbuster games of the year. Where Victorian clubs feel it's fair to raid the interstate clubs and take their first round picks and bring them back to Victoria.
The Melbourne media just doesn't understand (choose to ignore) the fact that teenagers can be signed by NRL clubs as early as 15. They then know that they will stay in their home state without the risk of going elsewhere. With our academies they have the knowledge that if I'm good enough I will be drafted by Sydney and I can stay at home. Without that security a gifted 15-16 year old would choose NRL over AFL every day of the week. The likes of Eddie Maguire and Mick Malthouse just cant get that around their head. They want everything to be equal as long as it doesn't dilute Collingwood's major advantages.

Last edited:
Hm, even if it's to stimulate discussion on BF? I think the focus on that rule should be on the word 'sole'.

If you're posting a podcast in order to have discussion in this thread off the back of it surely that's fine?
Yeah if it is in context and you want to talk about things raised in the podcast that's fine.

The rule is mainly about people who register, spam, then complain when their posts are removed.

Ticky009 I would have no problem with you posting links to podcasts that you find useful.

Yeah if it is in context and you want to talk about things raised in the podcast that's fine.

The rule is mainly about people who register, spam, then complain when their posts are removed.

Ticky009 I would have no problem with you posting links to podcasts that you find useful.

Appreciate the explanation, makes sense!

Pardon the intrusion Swans fans, I just wanna post this and ask you a simple question:

WTAF happened to Ben Ronke?

Ronke would have been on 3 games but Mark of the round took him 5 more games.

Saw this just pop up on twitter don't know if it a recycled clip from earlier in the week. Think i would swap Gulden and Warner based on form this year but hard to judge a winger vs an on baller tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does this take stuff from the Swans website , as everyone can see it . The thread was set up for media stuff that not AL can see , or open .
We've been over this before.

For a variety of different reasons, not everyone has access to the Swans website, or Swans social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook), or to Youtube.

So anything shared directly from the Swans themselves on here is still appreciated by those people. And it still counts as 'media'.

Okay , but if they can get BF , surely can get Swan site online or app.
You're being a pedant over this bedders. I know this thread is your baby, but there is nothing wrong with it being a hub for people to be directed to Swans-produced content.

let it go GIF

Big footy is a privately owned site. They have a right to set those rules and as users we have all agreed to abide by those rules.

Feel free to take that discussion up with Chief if you so wish.
I get that. I still find them odd. And I still struggle to see how the regular linking in this thread to media articles and podcasts (eg on SEN) is consistent with those rules.

I have no intention of disregarding them. I have my own moderating experience and have no interest in making it hard for another.

I get that. I still find them odd. And I still struggle to see how the regular linking in this thread to media articles and podcasts (eg on SEN) is consistent with those rules.

I have no intention of disregarding them. I have my own moderating experience and have no interest in making it hard for another.
Is that other site where you were a mod still going ?
Your contributions on here are measured , insightful and fair .

I posted above that the rule is more about people rocking up and spamming links to their own content to detract from this community.

Saw this just pop up on twitter don't know if it a recycled clip from earlier in the week. Think i would swap Gulden and Warner based on form this year but hard to judge a winger vs an on baller tbh.

Im hoping for a three way tie in the Norm Smith..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back