No Oppo Supporters Swans v Hawks - the thread where we let it all out (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

No , I don't find it amusing

Crikey Bedders, I plumbed the depths of taking the piss of McVeigh just for you. You're a hard man to satisfy (not that I know much about satisfying a hard man)

bungees posts appeal to certain type posters on this board all I can say they are certainly not for the intellectually challenged..

I see there is a Dust Yourself Off thread started.

Appreciate the good will folks, but no way am I ready to let go of this yet.

I am still so pissed off with our pathetic effort in the GF.

We just had a "bad day" apparently. Everyone has them, apparently.

Well gee, that "bad day" was on the only day of the football year that matters. Are our boys professional athletes or not? I wouldn't mind being paid $300K a year to have the occasional "bad day".

We got rattled by the Hawks' physicality early on, apparently.

Well that makes the 2014 GF unique in the 150 year history of the game.

What did we expect?

I'm not one of these mindless Bring Back the Biff cretins. I like our game for its athleticism and skill. But I also understand that to win matches, specially grand finals, that if your opponent is going in hard, you show them in short order where that's going to lead to. We did none of that, and I want to know why.

It was embarrassing and humiliating. We are the laughing stock of the league at this point. The tough, accountable club that forgot to turn up to this year's grand final.

Sorry, not even remotely ready to "dust myself off".

Last edited:

Well gee, that "bad day" was on the only day of the football year that matters. Are our boys professional athletes or not? I wouldn't mind being paid $300K a year to have the occasional "bad day".

What did we expect?

I'm not one of these mindless Bring Back the Biff cretins. I like our game for its athleticism and skill. But I also understand that to win matches, specially grand finals, that if your opponent is going in hard, you show them in short order where that's going to lead. We did none of that, and I want to know why.

It was embarrassing and humiliating. We are the laughing stock of the league at this point. The tough, accountable club that forgot to turn up to this year's grand final.

I've moved on and am already preparing myself for the loss of the 2015 GF

I've moved on and am already preparing myself for the loss of the 2015 GF
The club has lost 3 Grand Finals in a row, you're tipping this to continue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did we expect?

I'm not one of these mindless Bring Back the Biff cretins. I like our game for its athleticism and skill. But I also understand that to win matches, specially grand finals, that if your opponent is going in hard, you show them in short order where that's going to lead to. We did none of that, and I want to know why.

Absolutely all of this!

Some of you guys need to have a long hard look at yourselves. Whilst I'm as disappointed as the next person, our team has given us many years of pleasure and great performances. It was a poor performance today, but we were beaten by a better team on the day. We had a fantastic year and I expect us to come back bigger and better next year. I'm still an extremely proud Swans supporter. Time to drown the sorrows.

It is fair enough to be disgusted by that GF performance - it was a GF, its not like they can redeem themselves a week later.

Referring to years of pleasure is ridiculous. They stuffed up the most important game of the year - questions need to be answered and the team, coaching staff etc should feel ashamed and sorry that they let their fans and the entire football community down by producing a very ordinary performance in front of 100k people and millions of viewers, here and around the world.

I don't mind losing a GF - but that peformance was an absolute disgrace.

It's football. It's a game. It's not life or death. Next year is a whole new year.

I just hope we get a crack at Dawks in round 1 and completely ream them. Not for me (I'm not a reamer myself) but for our players.

One thing that does piss me and i know its sour grapes

But fair dinkum have Hawthorn won a prelim fairly? Crows got shafted in 2012 big time, Cats 2013 were shafted a fair bit and Port i mean lake dragged it in FFS and some of the creeping over the mark and play on calls.

Though the way we played Port would of smashed us, but they have played in 3 grand finals thanks to the men in green

Sour grapes over

It's football. It's a game. It's not life or death. Next year is a whole new year.

I just hope we get a crack at Dawks in round 1 and completely ream them. Not for me (I'm not a reamer myself) but for our players.
Reamee? :p

Will prob have that token 'derby' game Rnd #1 - but annihilation of GWS after that aberration this year and a stronger start in 2015 will be a good lead-up to a revenge match against Hawks...and in that one there must be blood & destruction!! :mad:

quarter time

what do you think longmire did/said and what should he of done or tried?

I was sitting way up the back in the Olympic and said to my son at the break it'll be interesting to see the approach from the coaches at the quarter break. I had the binocs trained on the huddle and was disappointed that it appeared so business as usual. I felt there had to be something different tried but the team split into their lines and spent the normal amount of time with the line coaches with Longmires address at the end appeared pretty normal and calm when I felt he should've fired up a bit or at least pulled the leaders aside seperately and asked for some physicality to stand up to what the Hawks were hitting us with. Do something different to demonstrate it's not a normal game. Longmire said at the presser he felt there was something very wrong from 10mins in to the first. I would hope the approach was different at half time.

One good thing is that reading a few things over the last week or so that the whole group, players and coaches sat down and watched the game from end to end last week and did their own postmortem on it. I know that wasn't done in 2006 which I thought was a mistake at the time as given watching the first half would've been valuable from the point of view of picking up what went wrong then.

Here's a ray of hope....

Some years back WC had won 5 of the last 7 against us. Of the 2 they lost one was the 2005 GF and one of their wins was the 2006 GF. The premiership count stood at one all. They have lost the last 8 and are now officially our bitches.

Hawks have now won 5 of the last 7 against us. Of the 2 they lost one was the 2012 GF and one of their wins was the 2014 GF. The premiership count stands at one all.

I look forward to history repeating itself. For our team to put 2014 behind us we must do what we did to WC. We must make them our bitches too.

Reamee? :p

Will prob have that token 'derby' game Rnd #1 - but annihilation of GWS after that aberration this year and a stronger start in 2015 will be a good lead-up to a revenge match against Hawks...and in that one there must be blood & destruction!! :mad:

My motto is 'Neither a reamer nor a reamee be'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back