Resource Sweet Shoop School

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome To Sweet Shoop School New
shoop school main pic.png

WELCOME TO SWEET SHOOP SCHOOL

Hello friends, I trust this thread finds you.

An idea that's been kicking around in Sweet for some time now has been a resource to upskill people in the Fine Art of graphics creation and manipulation, something which goes by the abbreviated moniker of 'shooping' (a bastardised abbreviation of Photoshopping). And thanks to some tremendous collaboration behind the scenes, today we officially open this resource - the Sweet Shoop School!

"What is the Sweet Shoop School though, Bob?" I hear myself imagining you asking me. A good question that is too. In short it aims to be a league-wide resource to help SFA posters to get better at creating graphics. It is not a media piece in and of itself, but a resource to help increase both the quality and quantity of media content on the SFA board.

There will be four parts to it, which are as follows:

1) This thread - an introduction to Shoop School and a front door where potential students are able to sign up;
2) The Shoop School Group - the main part of Shoop School where students learn the aforementioned Fine Arts from an elite group of Shoop SMEs, all of whom are previous winners of the McInnes Prize;
3) The Shoop School Graphics Repository - part of the Shoop School Group, a curated place where students can both access and add shoop resources such as templates, headshots of posters, and so on;
4) The SME Chat - a PM where the SMEs both make this whole concept up on the run and privately judge the students (just kidding, their opinions of you are already set).

"Yeah but why should I get involved in this?" Another good question I would anticipate you asking. Well let me answer that question with some questions of my own...

• Have you ever tried to create media and wanted to make it look good, but didn't know how?
  • Have you ever not created media because you were too worried about it being Scheiße?
    [*]Have you ever asked somebody else to make some graphics and/or pictures for you?
    [*]Are you a club captain or LG member and wanted to do something nice for your club thread/PM?
    [*]Have you ever seen somebody post a shoop in a match thread and thought to yourself "I wish I could do that"?
    [*]Have you ever entered the McInnes Prize and not won?

If you have answered 'yes' to any one of the above questions, then the Sweet Shoop School is for you! Regardless of whether you are a beginner or if you're an expert, all are welcome. The only ask is that you are joining for sincere reasons, either to learn or to help others learn. Please don't take the piss here, there's plenty of other places to do that.

To enrol in Shoop School then simply reply in this thread expressing your interest and I will add your name to the Enrolment List, which will be conveniently located below this post. You will then be added to the group, and then school will be in session.

Many thanks to the SME group for making the magic happen and getting this long-talked-about concept finally up and running - Falconista TheInjuryFactory Elton Johns Wig manangatang JoshWoodenSpoon CursingFijian Kennedy Parker & Hate!

Ring the bell, school's back in. Break it down!

mc bob.png
[An example of an average shoop. Want to do better? Sign up to Shoop School]

View attachment 1913740

An idea that's been kicking around in Sweet for some time now has been a resource to upskill people in the Fine Art of graphics creation and manipulation, something which goes by the abbreviated moniker of 'shooping' (a bastardised abbreviation of Photoshopping). And thanks to some tremendous collaboration behind the scenes, today we officially open this resource - the Sweet Shoop School!

"What is the Sweet Shoop School though, Bob?" I hear myself imagining you asking me. A good question that is too. In short it aims to be a league-wide resource to help SFA posters to get better at creating graphics. It is not a media piece in and of itself, but a resource to help increase both the quality and quantity of media content on the SFA board.

1) This thread - an introduction to Shoop School and a front door where potential students are able to sign up;
2) The Shoop School Group - the main part of Shoop School where students learn the aforementioned Fine Arts from an elite group of Shoop SMEs, all of whom are previous winners of the McInnes Prize;
3) The Shoop School Graphics Repository - part of the Shoop School Group, a curated place where students can both access and add shoop resources such as templates, headshots of posters, and so on;
4) The SME Chat - a PM where the SMEs both make this whole concept up on the run and privately judge the students (just kidding, their opinions of you are already set).

"Yeah but why should I get involved in this?" Another good question I would anticipate you asking. Well let me answer that question with some questions of my own...

• Have you ever tried to create media and wanted to make it look good, but didn't know how?
  • Have you ever not created media because you were too worried about it being Scheiße?
    [*]Have you ever asked somebody else to make some graphics and/or pictures for you?
    [*]Are you a club captain or LG member and wanted to do something nice for your club thread/PM?
    [*]Have you ever seen somebody post a shoop in a match thread and thought to yourself "I wish I could do that"?

If you have answered 'yes' to any one of the above questions, then the Sweet Shoop School is for you! Regardless of whether you are a beginner or if you're an expert, all are welcome. The only ask is that you are joining for sincere reasons, either to learn or to help others learn. Please don't take the piss here, there's plenty of other places to do that.

To enrol in Shoop School then simply reply in this thread expressing your interest and I will add your name to the Enrolment List, which will be conveniently located below this post. You will then be added to the group, and then school will be in session.

Many thanks to the SME group for making the magic happen and getting this long-talked-about concept finally up and running - Falconista TheInjuryFactory Elton Johns Wig manangatang JoshWoodenSpoon CursingFijian Kennedy Parker & Hate!

View attachment 1913916
Wait, this could honestly be the most useful thread I’ve ever read. I feel dirty for saying it, but I may have answered yes to every question…

View attachment 1913740

View attachment 1913916
dzGI0EM.png

Sign. Me. Up. Please.

I will be your greatest student. I have ideas and zero skills.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this a reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long as paint is part of it lm in
you seem very good with your shoops. you should probably be teaching the classes. and also, surely you use other programs than just paint? if not, you do an extremely good job of it.

you seem very good with your shoops. you should probably be teaching the classes. and also, surely you use other programs than just paint? if not, you do an extremely good job of it.
Everyone can still learn something, no matter how proficient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back