The Boys Club & Sweet FA Farewell A Great One - RIP miggs

Remove this Banner Ad

Miggs hated me, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Will cherish the double sided Fat Miggs A4.

Hope we can get a Fat Miggs Badge for the BC.

RIP friend.

Miggs was a great poster and someone I really enjoyed as a guest on the Hot Seat, sad news indeed and will be missed

For those that didn't know him you missed out on knowing a great bloke R.I.P mate

Blacky

Last edited:

I am Ant Bear and so is my wife.

Hi, I'm BRAB

movement knee GIF

Hi all,

I feel I have been scripting this thread for a few days now but I know I will in no way be able to give it true justice. I'm also aware this may be the first time the news is reaching others that knew him well so I can only offer my further condolences.

On Monday afternoon the terrible news was delivered to the last fragments of the famed BC chat that our former member miggs had tragically passed away after a battle with cancer. As a group that knew him well it was clearly a shakeup but immediately we were able to bond over incredibly funny stories of the "Big Mac". I would describe him as bravely funny, he had no ceiling (oh boy he had a floor though) because he knew he was so good. He owned every part of himself and if we ever made fun of his exceptional diet or his gout he could respond with signed photos in the mail of the renowned "fat miggs" a beautiful headshot of a chubby teenager signed "the Alpha" which is a pretty baller move. He famously organised a Christmas gift for the group, a Cameo from To Catch A Predator host Chris Hansen that in particular targeted one of our group which was one of the most amazing things I have seen play out online. I'm sure others will add their own tales.

Beyond the devil streak in miggs, above all he was a kind and cheeky friend. Although we had lost base across his illness I had a long history of long and caring conversations, he particularly loved my pug (even more than you Pugsley). I'll be honest at the start of his time here I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker and it came to an end one late night he sent me a PM with some choice words on my admin and mod abilities and within three or four exchanges we had become friends (and one of those exchanges was me telling him to go away). To steer into a Sweet FA perspective it was clear that miggs was absorbed into the Wrestlemania vibe the league had started taking and one the early stages of The Boys Club had started championing. Right down to the British Bulldog avatar he had embraced a heel persona, sometimes overboard but one nonetheless. Many at the time will remember the (mostly) manufactured battle between the BC and the Haro-lead Bombers - miggs played the game so well he won two premierships with the Bombers. Like the famous Always Sunny line goes, he'd play both sides so he would always come out on top and we loved him for it.

Miggs played 217 games in the Sweet FA from S22-S35 with stints at the Bombers (82 games). the Royals (57), the Gumbies (53), the Rats (17) and the Hawks (8). He was a role player above all and took his fun from the community itself.

Rest in peace miggs. You were a joy that will always be missed and always remembered.

Everyone now and then on this site one of these posts arises, and each time serves as a timely reminder we aren't just online aliases but fellow human beings with lives and families to live.

Thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.
Cancer is a bitch and hope I'm alive when science finally kicks its arse for good.

Miggs was a great poster and someone I really enjoyed as a guest on the Hot Seat, sad news indeed and will be missed

For those that didn't know him you missed out on knowing a great bloke R.I.P mate

Blacky

Thanks for posting this Turbo

Very enjoyable to listen again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back